Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: This team could beat UConn..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintDawg View Post
    http://www.si.com/more-sports/photos...sports-history

No one person or team is unbeatable. Sooner or later, there is always someone better. Why not our girls?
    But the fact that we have to point to the greatest upsets in sports history is kind of the point. Again, it is possible. It's just extremely unlikely.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkernhelldawg View Post
    similar to the chance that Clemson would beat Bama.
    Uh, no. The two are not comparable.

vCash
    Beyond our skill and coaching, I think we're just the team to topple the giant because of our mental and emotional discipline.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    But the fact that we have to point to the greatest upsets in sports history is kind of the point. Again, it is possible. It's just extremely unlikely.
    I agree it's unlikely. The reason I have hope is that our ladies have the ability to not get rattled by a mini run. We also have extremely good ball handlers and shooters.

And Coach VS. What a job!

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintDawg View Post
    http://www.si.com/more-sports/photos...sports-history

No one person or team is unbeatable. Sooner or later, there is always someone better. Why not our girls?
    The only gigantic upsets you see on there by women are in individual sports not team sports. Victoria Vivians can beat any player on UConn in 1v1 but Vivian's team can never beat UConn's team. Did y'all watch our game vs UConn last year? I am not dogging our team as I said they can beat anyone else in the country not named UConn and they can win a Natty this year if UConn gets upset by somebody else.

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-b...meId=400872578

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkernhelldawg View Post
    similar to the chance that Clemson would beat Bama.

vCash
    Is this the participation ribbon thread. This is what is wrong with MSU and with the country: We are too weak minded.
    I'm a 2.5 tennis player but if you put me up against Roger Federer, I will beat his ass. If you don't believe me, come play me and I'll beat your ass. No one I will ever play will be better than me, they may beat me, but they will never be better than me.
    This board and world has too many Hillary Clintons and not enough Steve Prefontaines.

vCash

Oh, ye of little faith...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    The only gigantic upsets you see on there by women are in individual sports not team sports. Victoria Vivians can beat any player on UConn in 1v1 but Vivian's team can never beat UConn's team. Did y'all watch our game vs UConn last year? I am not dogging our team as I said they can beat anyone else in the country not named UConn and they can win a Natty this year if UConn gets upset by somebody else.

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-b...meId=400872578
    So Uconn can get upset by someone, but not us? And we can beat that team that upset Uconn. Gotcha..Some makes no sense shit you spouting there brother.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinto View Post
    Is this the participation ribbon thread. This is what is wrong with MSU and with the country: We are too weak minded.
    I'm a 2.5 tennis player but if you put me up against Roger Federer, I will beat his ass. If you don't believe me, come play me and I'll beat your ass. No one I will ever play will be better than me, they may beat me, but they will never be better than me.
    This board and world has too many Hillary Clintons and not enough Steve Prefontaines.
    Quote Originally Posted by tireddawg View Post
    So Uconn can get upset by someone, but not us? And we can beat that team that upset Uconn. Gotcha..Some makes no sense shit you spouting there brother.
    tireddawg you are exactly correct in the bolded part but the rest of your post and all of pinto's post are...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tireddawg View Post
    Thank you.

vCash
    tireddawg you are exactly correct in the bolded part but the rest of your post and all of pinto's post are...

lmao

vCash

I enjoy a good troll job from time to time..

vCash
    WHOA!!! #hardcore

vCash
    I hope all of our players truly believe they can and will beat UConn should they play. We are not the players. I will never understand why fans confuse the two.

If you play Roger Federer, by all means, believe you're better than him. I, as an observer, will know that you will get destroyed.

Banned
    vCash
    Would Steve Prefontaine vote for Clinton or Trump? Don't answer just speculate

vCash
    Yes, this is what I want. I want a national title but recognize that going through UConn to do it will be next to impossible for this team. If we face them, it better not be until the Final Four.
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    My point exactly. Sorta like beating UCLA under Wooden. That was done once or twice ... but in the curent sports climate of today the moment would be overwhelmingly suffocating probably for a team from Starkville.

Not saying that can't be done but that gets the odds down there to probably << 1% chance.
    Early in the season UCONN beat FSU by 2 and LSU by 23 .. same LSU team we beat by 26.
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Is UConn better? Prob so but listen when I tell u this team could beat them if UConn slipped up at all.
    Whoa grasshopper, we are not UConn competitive yet. We are really good, but they are really great!

Banned
    vCash
    While searching for another post, I found this one from last year. Funny in hindsite.