Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTF with the 2 Scooba guys, still not enrolled...

vCash

WTF with the 2 Scooba guys, still not enrolled...

Don't know what's up.

vCash
    Maybe they're still filming the 2nd season of Last Chance U???

Or maybe they're still trying to qualify....

I'd go with option 2.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    Don't know what's up.
    They just finished up their last class on Friday. Just waiting on the clearinghouse to allow them to enroll. They have until next Tuesday.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Too many late night chats with Bucky caused their grades to slip a little.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Too many late night chats with Bucky caused their grades to slip a little.
    That would be hilarious if it wasn't possibly true. I know he just felt the need to pray with them over the phone.

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    I could've misheard, but I think Steve said on OOB they won't be here until the summer.

vCash
    They just need to be cleared but there is a question on one of them. But we have to wait for the NCAA and it may be close

vCash
    In chat last night, Steve R. said he expects one to enroll this semester and the other to enroll in the summer. I don't think he mentioned which one would enroll when.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner34 View Post
    In chat last night, Steve R. said he expects one to enroll this semester and the other to enroll in the summer. I don't think he mentioned which one would enroll when.
    Rivers plans to be here this weekend and be ready when cleared

vCash
    The OL guy is going to RS anyway so it doesn't matter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post
    The OL guy is going to RS anyway so it doesn't matter
    He is already on campus. Cole is the one that be the issue

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    He is already on campus. Cole is the one that be the issue
    Tough break not having Cole for spring practice. That will probably prevent him from earning a starting job. I expect McLarurin and Abram to be our starting safeties with Bryant and Cole backing them up. Grantham likes the bigger safeties.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Tough break not having Cole for spring practice. That will probably prevent him from earning a starting job. I expect McLarurin and Abram to be our starting safeties with Bryant and Cole backing them up. Grantham likes the bigger safeties.
    Is it a done deal? To me, it seems like he should still be able to enroll regardless of whether he is cleared. Is it a matter of just waiting on the clearing house or is he actually missing some class that he needs? If it is the former, I'd think he could go ahead and enroll. As long as the clearinghouse judges everything OK within the next 2 months or so he should be good to go for the spring. Am I missing something?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Any chance we RS cole, landrews, or Abrams? Seems RSing one would be a nice way to stagger them some... landrews, cole, Bryant, mclaurin, and Abrams will all be juniors

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSVDawg View Post
    Is it a done deal? To me, it seems like he should still be able to enroll regardless of whether he is cleared. Is it a matter of just waiting on the clearing house or is he actually missing some class that he needs? If it is the former, I'd think he could go ahead and enroll. As long as the clearinghouse judges everything OK within the next 2 months or so he should be good to go for the spring. Am I missing something?
    It sounds complicated. And EMCC has to finish the transcripts and paperwork. I'm not sure but he either had to have enough hours to be on track to graduate or actually graduate. Heard conflicting info. Then go through the clearinghouse. I think Rivers is close to being cleared.

vCash
    It's clearance and paperwork issues. If you watched Last Chance U., you know that there is a reason these guys didn't make it earlier. Rooting for these young men but it's not a huge surprise to have challenges.

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    If they don't get cleared until the summer, are they still locked in with us or is it open season?

Banned
    vCash
    It sounds complicated. And EMCC has to finish the transcripts and paperwork. I'm not sure but he either had to have enough hours to be on track to graduate or actually graduate. Heard conflicting info. Then go through the clearinghouse. I think Rivers is close to being cleared.
    Well, from an enrollment standpoint, it can't be that complicated. He doesn't have to be cleared by the NCAA to enroll at MSU. He may have to be cleared to receive financial aid in the form of an athletic scholarship (not sure), but even if so I'm sure there are ways around that, especially if its just for one semester. Either way, I don't see how its possible that he'd have to wait until the summer to enroll if it was just a paperwork issue with the clearinghouse or EMCC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSVDawg View Post
    Well, from an enrollment standpoint, it can't be that complicated. He doesn't have to be cleared by the NCAA to enroll at MSU. He may have to be cleared to receive financial aid in the form of an athletic scholarship (not sure), but even if so I'm sure there are ways around that, especially if its just for one semester. Either way, I don't see how its possible that he'd have to wait until the summer to enroll if it was just a paperwork issue with the clearinghouse or EMCC.
    They could enroll as a regular student if their transcripts are in order for at least that much but they can also elect to stay at JUCO and go through the recruiting process again. Possibly. And that is what is making this complicated as well. There are several things in play here. Hopefully it gets cleared up soon and someone with a lot better info can shed some light on the situation and all options available to them at this time

Banned
    vCash
    They could enroll as a regular student if their transcripts are in order for at least that much but they can also elect to stay at JUCO and go through the recruiting process again. Possibly. And that is what is making this complicated as well. There are several things in play here. Hopefully it gets cleared up soon and someone with a lot better info can shed some light on the situation and all options available to them at this time
    LOI is binding for 1 calendar year, unless we release him (which I can't imagine us doing). If he wants to go through the recruiting process again, he'll have to sit out an entire season and lose that year of eligibility because his clock has already started. Then he'd have to sign again next December. I don't see how that is a viable option.