Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Todd Grantham the next DC per SI

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    So how different is grantham's 3-4 than sirmon's? Will this past year benefit our players any or will this be another complete transformation?
    It is very different. Peter's defense was more of a hybrid defense than a true 3-4. We ran 4 down linemen a lot under Peter.

Todd is a straight up 3-4 guy. There is no hybrid safety/linebacker position in his scheme. Both OLBs will be big. You can look for Marquis Spencer and Montez Sweat to have a great chance at starting at OLB. He will likely run a one gap odd man front and will bring the zone blitz.

vCash
    Hell it's on Wikipedia now..

Grantham was hired by Dan Mullen to be the defensive coordinator at Mississippi State University. He was given a multi year deal, with financial details not yet disclosed. Ironically, Grantham's predecessor at Mississippi State, Peter Sirmon, was hired to be defensive coordinator at the University of Louisville after being terminated at Mississippi State. Grantham was hired by Mullen at the 2017 AFCA convention in Nashville, TN after the two "clicked" over shoes and t-ball.

vCash
    Meanwhile in candy land, they still have no DC....Pitiful!

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DancingRabbit View Post
    Thanks Adidas !! **
    They are an Adidas school

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by justwin View Post
    we're going to beat the shit out of Georgia
    hahahaha yes I believe we are

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    It is very different. Peter's defense was more of a hybrid defense than a true 3-4. We ran 4 down linemen a lot under Peter.

Todd is a straight up 3-4 guy. There is no hybrid safety/linebacker position in his scheme. Both OLBs will be big. You can look for Marquis Spencer and Montez Sweat to have a great chance at starting at OLB. He will likely run a one gap odd man front and will bring the zone blitz.
    You can count on Grantham doing his thing or he wouldn't have came here. He's not a yes man

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GTHOM View Post
    You can count on Grantham doing his thing or he wouldn't have came here. He's not a yes man
    No doubt. Far from it. Dan will completely hand the defense over to him.

vCash
    On paper it looks to be the best DC hire we have made under Mullen. We will see how it goes. I'm happy about it for sure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    If anyone thinks this is not a cohen effect u are wrong. This is the man Dan wanted, and Cohen said well let's do it!!! Boom!!!
    You really enjoy making up conversations for the MSU admin don't you?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    On paper it looks to be the best DC hire we have made under Mullen. We will see how it goes. I'm happy about it for sure.
    Well one thing we CAN say for sure is its a step up from Sirmon.

vCash
    For anyone who was bashing the 3-4 for this past season. You will see what a 3-4 really looks like come spring and september. Its the way to go if its done right

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacrifice View Post

Grantham was hired by Dan Mullen to be the defensive coordinator at Mississippi State University. He was given a multi year deal, with financial details not yet disclosed. Ironically, Grantham's predecessor at Mississippi State, Peter Sirmon, was hired to be defensive coordinator at the University of Louisville after being terminated at Mississippi State. Grantham was hired by Mullen at the 2017 AFCA convention in Nashville, TN after the two "clicked" over shoes and t-ball.
    This was taken from a post on SPS, most likely one that was followed, or should have been followed by ***. This is why Wikipedia is not allowed as a true reference.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lance Harbor View Post
    I think he's correct. Was thinking the same thing. I bet John is determined to make a big splash, and to redefine what an AD can do at MSU.

vCash

I'm sure Sirmon was pretty much asked to leave, but this article says he was actually terminated.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by justwin View Post
    don't forget Rivers & Abram
    Yeah - They will be head hunting in the secondary.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boodawg View Post
    I'm sure Sirmon was pretty much asked to leave, but this article says he was actually terminated.

What article. Wikipedia isn't a real news source. Anyone can put anything there.

vCash
    I'm thinking this has been in the works for awhile. You just don't go out and pull a coach making a mill a year overnight. This may be a common thing for Bama but not us.
    Sirmon was probably told we're looking so you need to be looking. There's no way after last years defensive performance we could keep him. He was in way over his head

vCash
    I'm thinking this has been in the works for awhile. You just don't go out and pull a coach making a mill a year overnight. This may be a common thing for Bama but not us.
    Sirmon was probably told we're looking so you need to be looking. There's no way after last years defensive performance we could keep him. He was in way over his head
    What I can't figure out is why even with losing Grantham that UofL would want to hire Sirmon? Heck, I know Sirmon has PAC-12 associations but why in the world was Colorado interested? Did anyone actually watch our Defense play this year?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    What I can't figure out is why even with losing Grantham that UofL would want to hire Sirmon? Heck, I know Sirmon has PAC-12 associations but why in the world was Colorado interested? Did anyone actually watch our Defense play this year?
    I can't figure that part out either, makes no sense but watch Sirmon look like the second coming of Buddy Ryan at UofL

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lance Harbor View Post
    What's that all about?