Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Dawgs @ Hawgs game thread...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shannondawg View Post
    While we all know that Kegler did not have a good game, Coach Howland singled him out bringing up he had 4 assists and bragging on him. Thats instilling confidence in a player, Good for Coach.

But we all know that he should have been cussing him out is the only way to win games.
    It makes me laugh those who think Howland isn't a good x and o Coach, he knows what he is doing and manages players extremely well.

vCash
    10 man rotation is great. No one is tired by the end of the game. Every single one has the ability to contribute in their own way.

Next year the roster is going to be tight. Will need to redshirt someone and even then we will have 12 that all deserve to play.

vCash
    Oh and our RPI is still shit at 120. The computers have always hated us for good reason recently. They always seem to love Ole Miss too who is at 40 despite losing to anyone with a pulse.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Lol, ark is top 5 SEC team. They will roll us.

vCash
    If we could pull off another win this Saturday, I think you would have to consider us in really good position to make the NIT at least.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Rest assured, absolutely nobody wants to play us all the sudden. There will continue to be ups and downs, but we're seeing glimpses of what is to come. Herard is coming on, Wright is showing life, Peters is turning into a beast, and Holman and Q could both be All-SEC this year.
    Herard is indeed coming on- just wish he wouldn't try to dribble. Catch it and dunk on some heads. I know he is raw so if that's the only gripe I have, he's coming along nicely.

I know Wright had a good game against LSU, but I didn't see anything special last night from him.

vCash
    Big win for sure. It is looking like we will win some games we probably shouldn't and I am sure we will lose some we probably should win. I guess that is to be expected with a young team and lack of a true post game. Holman had a good game tonight as well but we have to shore up down low and continue to play better in the paint. We basically go as Q goes, If we are hitting 3s we will be very competitive in just about every game we play, if not we are going to struggle unless we play better down low. I know most of that is obvious.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by louisvilledawg View Post
    Herard is indeed coming on- just wish he wouldn't try to dribble. Catch it and dunk on some heads. I know he is raw so if that's the only gripe I have, he's coming along nicely.

I know Wright had a good game against LSU, but I didn't see anything special last night from him.
    Wright doesn't get a ton of opportunity but he has been making the most of it recently. He plays with a confidence I like even though it comes with some mistakes. He's finished around the rim well too which is a weakness for this team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trob115 View Post
    If we could pull off another win this Saturday, I think you would have to consider us in really good position to make the NIT at least.
    The SEC is much better as of now in RPI than it typically is, as A&M and Missouri are the only teams outside the top 100 right now that we'll play from here on out. So I think if we go 9-9 in conference this season, we have a real shot. Our RPI needs to get much better, but that is possible with the teams left on our schedule. I think anything less than .500 in SEC play means we have no shot, and we'd probably need to go more like 11-7 for me to feel good about it.

vCash
    The SEC is much better as of now in RPI than it typically is, as A&M and Missouri are the only teams outside the top 100 right now that we'll play from here on out. So I think if we go 9-9 in conference this season, we have a real shot. Our RPI needs to get much better, but that is possible with the teams left on our schedule. I think anything less than .500 in SEC play means we have no shot, and we'd probably need to go more like 11-7 for me to feel good about it.
    I think we finish right at .500. Good news is we are improving. You can see the talent on the team starting to figure some things out. But we are still going to be streaky.

Banned
    vCash
    No techs, he sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by wasabaka View Post
    NEEDS MORE YELLING!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by DudyDawg View Post
    Can't believe we managed to win without Howland getting a tech.
    Quote Originally Posted by shannondawg View Post
    While we all know that Kegler did not have a good game, Coach Howland singled him out bringing up he had 4 assists and bragging on him. Thats instilling confidence in a player, Good for Coach.

But we all know that he should have been cussing him out is the only way to win games.
    If you morons can't tell the difference in Howland the last two games I can't help you. You're welcome though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    When is Howland going to get pissed off and start actually coaching these players? I have yet to see him yell or raise his voice in anger once since he arrived. Take off the kid gloves and stop walking on eggshells. Howland trying to be nice and on his best behavior all the time is what's wrong with this team right now. I don't want nice Howland. I want pissed off Howland. Haven't seen that guy once. Has he had a single technical foul called on himself since arriving? Just having to ask that means it's a PROBLEM. Kentucky wouldn't have nearly the same success with all their freshman every year if Calipari was scared to light their asses up and scared to yell at the 17ing refs. There is such a thing as being too nice.

vCash
    If you morons can't tell the difference in Howland the last two games I can't help you. You're welcome though.
    All the :facepalm: gifs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BB30 View Post
    Big win for sure. It is looking like we will win some games we probably shouldn't and I am sure we will lose some we probably should win. I guess that is to be expected with a young team and lack of a true post game. Holman had a good game tonight as well but we have to shore up down low and continue to play better in the paint. We basically go as Q goes, If we are hitting 3s we will be very competitive in just about every game we play, if not we are going to struggle unless we play better down low. I know most of that is obvious.
    We out rebounded Arkansas and LSU and we have a long and formidable front court we are starting. We are running our offense, making the extra pass, and getting open shots. If we had done that against Alabama, we would have blown them out as we would have gotten open shots. We are a great shooting team who is second in the SEC in three point percentage offense. We recruited a bunch of proven shooters who are making shots but the reason we are doing so well is because we are running our offense to get the open shots. I guess you guys will realize sooner rather then later that more often then not the shots will be falling BUT it is because of our offensive execution as the reason for this.

vCash
    So is it still a PROBLEM that you had to ask if he's gotten a tech here?

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DudyDawg View Post
    So is it still a PROBLEM that you had to ask if he's gotten a tech here?
    Getting a tech is a sign you aren't walking around on eggshells trying to be the perfect nice guy coach. I don't actually want Howland getting techs I want him fired up and leading his men during the game and displaying an attitude similar to one right before a coach gets a tech. I want him exuding want to and energy so his players follow suit. He has been doing that the last two games. He wasn't vs Bama. You're welcome.

vCash
    Getting a tech is a sign you aren't walking around on eggshells trying to be the perfect nice guy coach. I don't actually want Howland getting techs I want him fired up and leading his men during the game and displaying an attitude similar to one right before a coach gets a tech. I want him exuding want to and energy so his players follow suit. He has been doing that the last two games. He wasn't vs Bama. You're welcome.
    Good gosh.

vCash
    Damn 61, don't go stupid again. No doubt you didn't Coach basketball and you have not a clue about team concept and coaching management. I suppose you got a play station for Christmas with Bobby Knight version 1976 1 edition.

Yelling, you talking about yelling, please.

vCash
    Good gosh.
    Haha I love this

vCash
    You're welcome.
    Let me be the first to thank you. For the endless entertainment. And for saving our program.