Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Dawgs @ Hawgs game thread...

vCash
    Rest assured, absolutely nobody wants to play us all the sudden. There will continue to be ups and downs, but we're seeing glimpses of what is to come. Herard is coming on, Wright is showing life, Peters is turning into a beast, and Holman and Q could both be All-SEC this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Didn't we go about 20 years without a win in Fayetteville up until not long ago? Or am I imagining things (and probably exaggerating a bit too)?
    I think this is our 6th ever win there

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Didn't we go about 20 years without a win in Fayetteville up until not long ago? Or am I imagining things (and probably exaggerating a bit too)?

04 team won up there and it may have been our first win ever up there

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    04 team won up there and it may have been our first win ever up there
    And we had that jinx in football too (in the state of Arkansas since we played in LR most of the years).

So we're doing a lot better against the Hogs than we have historically.

vCash
    And Liverpool, can you finally admit we are a talented team!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky Dog View Post
    Good for RPI. I will be there Saturday, and the rest of the home games. Man I wish we could get a do over with Bama.
    We'll probably have a couple of more games like that Bama game but I'll take it. These guys are fun to watch.

vCash
    We won that game bc of our work on the glass and a good night from Q. With Herard/Holman starting, we can continue to compete on the glass, and if Q plays well we will be in almost every game. I think we've found our starting 5 and a little bit of an identity. Could easily lose Saturday, but it looks like the team is at least starting to figure itself out. Very good sign.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Lol, ark is top 5 SEC team. They will roll us.

and now we are 4th in the SEC...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DudyDawg View Post
    We won that game bc of our work on the glass and a good night from Q. With Herard/Holman starting, we can continue to compete on the glass, and if Q plays well we will be in almost every game. I think we've found our starting 5 and a little bit of an identity. Could easily lose Saturday, but it looks like the team is at least starting to figure itself out. Very good sign.
    Yep. Davis isn't as good as Kingsley and A&M doesn't have the guards that Arkansas does. If we can stay even on the glass against A&M, we will win easily.

vCash
    Among all the good games to pass out, I'd like to give Holman his props. He was fearless tonite and balled out.
    You're blind if you can't see improvement.....Freshmens......Strain.....Kick rocks and pound sand......Drag my Yankee ass outta here!......

vCash
    so awesome to see the set of Girodos these young players have. I have zero doubt our past few teams would have handed the game over when ark cut it to 3. I'm already getting pumped for Saturday.

vCash
    The difference has been the starting lineup and the unselfishness of the players. Peters assisted to Ready for a 3 against LSU. Tonight, Ready assisted to Peters for a 3. Even when Peters was having cramps several of the players helped Peters off the court. You can genuinely tell they like each other and there is no one in basketball I would rather have leading these young men then Coach Howland. He is one of the best people and coaches there is out there. Proud of our guys tonight! So excited for Saturday!

vCash
    I'm liking the way this team is beginning to gel. Howland doing work.

vCash
    Can't believe we managed to win without Howland getting a tech.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DudyDawg View Post
    Can't believe we managed to win without Howland getting a tech.
    Lol, you guys aren't going to let it go.

vCash
    Arkansas was a top 30 rpi team. Wonder how big of a jump we'll get

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Arkansas was a top 30 rpi team. Wonder how big of a jump we'll get
    We were 158 before tonight according to espn. Howland said after the game this was huge for our rpi.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    We were 158 before tonight according to espn. Howland said after the game this was huge for our rpi.
    Now at 143 per Warren Nolan. A&M is 105, so we definitely need to take that one in order to hold serve in the RPI. Then we'll probably move up some more after the UK game, win or lose.

vCash
    Ken pomeroy has us 98th now

vCash
    While we all know that Kegler did not have a good game, Coach Howland singled him out bringing up he had 4 assists and bragging on him. Thats instilling confidence in a player, Good for Coach.

But we all know that he should have been cussing him out is the only way to win games.