Thread: OT-Spring Pre-emergent Herbicide

vCash

OT-Spring Pre-emergent Herbicide

For anybody who is familiar with this, any advice on when to put out my pre-emergent herbicide? I feel like I've typically heard February, but I looked at the weather forecast and it appears we are going to have unseasonably warm temperatures the next couple of weeks. I guess my question is, should I go ahead and put it out? I'm afraid that if I wait too long some of those spring weeds will start to come up with the temps being so warm. I live in Clinton by the way.

vCash
    https://www.amazon.com/Prodiamine-Ge.../dp/B004GTQBEK

Buy this and it will last you forever. No you can wait to put it out. I usually put mine out the first or second week of March, depending on how hot it has been.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by civildawg View Post

Buy this and it will last you forever. No you can wait to put it out. I usually put mine out the first or second week of March, depending on how hot it has been.
    Thanks for the advice. I actually used that stuff in the Fall to prevent the winter weeds from coming up and it did a great job. I guess I was just concerned with how warm its going to be over the next few weeks. I didn't want to miss the window.

vCash
    Spectacle is awesome! A little
    High but well worth it in the long run

vCash
    TREFLAN 4 EC is a selective herbicide for the preemergence control of annual grasses and broadleaf weeds. TREFLAN 4 EC may be applied in liquid sprays of water or liquid fertilizer, or impregnated on dry bulk fertilizer.
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    Virginia button weed and common lespedeza are the ones that kill me. I understand there is no pre emergent that will work with the button weed.

vCash
    I need to kill stickers!!! They were horrible this past spring and early summer.

vCash
    Celsius post emergent will kill buttonweed

was living way out West, but now back in the blessed state of Mississippi
    vCash

Can i use this on most all southern lawns? Any type grasses I can't use this on ?

vCash
    Celsius post emergent will kill buttonweed
    I don't have buttonweed, but I had bad crabgrass last year. I'm hoping I can prevent most of it from coming up with the Barricade pre-emergent, but I'm definitely investing in some of the Celsius for any that do decide to come up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Westdawg View Post
    Can i use this on most all southern lawns? Any type grasses I can't use this on ?
    I think it can be used on all southern lawns, but it should tell you on the description somewhere. I have Bermuda and it works great.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tupelodawg88 View Post
    Spectacle is awesome! A little
    High but well worth it in the long run
    Yes, Spectical is the Cadillac of pre emerges I love it and have used it wall to wall, 155 acres the last two years.

vCash
    Yes we use it on our athletic fields, it works wonders. People shy away from it because of the cost, but it's a product that is worth its weight in gold!

vCash
    This thread belongs in SPS

venit, vidimus, amisimus