Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If Were The Cleveland Browns.....

vCash

If Were The Cleveland Browns.....

I've got the 1st and #12 overall picks

- Fire head coach

- Hire Scott Linahan as HC

- Draft Watson #1

- Draft Fournette or Cook at 12. If neither is there, go OL

- OJ Howard at pick 33

Cowboys 2.0
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

Banned
    vCash
    They have a chance to add Myles Garrett and Jabrill Peppers with those first two picks. I bet they pass on QB with their top two picks and try for one later on in the draft.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    They have a chance to add Myles Garrett and Jabrill Peppers with those first two picks. I bet they pass on QB with their top two picks and try for one later on in the draft.
    Maybe. Could depend on what they think of Kessler

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I've got the 1st and #12 overall picks

- Fire head coach

- Hire Scott Linahan as HC

- Draft Watson #1

- Draft Fournette or Cook at 12. If neither is there, go OL

- OJ Howard at pick 33

Cowboys 2.0
    Is Linehan bringing the Cowboys OL with him? If not they won't be anything close to Cowboys 2.0.

vCash
    Why would you draft Watson when you basically have the same guy in RG3? Cowboys 2.0 means you beef up the OL. I would prioritize that and the DL.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    Just curious, I realize Garrett is a freak, but is anyone concerned that he never seemed to truly disrupt offenses even with a Hall on the opposite side?

I remember Clowney being electric on the field. Garrett is a freak but I've never feared him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Is Linehan bringing the Cowboys OL with him? If not they won't be anything close to Cowboys 2.0.

Exactly. Gotta get the big uglies to do what Dallas has done.

Lotta credibility lost by OP.

vCash
    What's so crazy is how a franchise can be so inept for so long, and how/why the fans keep showing up and supporting such a piss-poor product. Not since the Brian Sipe / Bernie Kosar days have the Browns put a respectable product on the field.

Kinda like the Detroit Lions when Matt Millen was their GM and they kept drafting WR's in the 1st round for like 5 or 6 years straight. Now, whenever Millen is commentating, I have to mute it just because he has absolutely ZERO credibility with me. I would say sans the just-completed season, the Lions join the Browns as the two most inept NFL franchises around.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Already has Joe Thomas. The Cowboys OL went 4-12 last year without Dak and Zek. Chicken or the Egg?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    Why would you draft Watson when you basically have the same guy in RG3? Cowboys 2.0 means you beef up the OL. I would prioritize that and the DL.
    I don't see Watson and RG3 as remotely similar QBs other than both being black

Banned
    vCash
    Just curious, I realize Garrett is a freak, but is anyone concerned that he never seemed to truly disrupt offenses even with a Hall on the opposite side?

I remember Clowney being electric on the field. Garrett is a freak but I've never feared him.
    You haven't watched Garrett enough then. He is awesome. I think Clowney's success this year locks Garrett into the top spot. It's just a much safer pick with #1 than Watson plus if they double up on defense at #12 they can really improve on that side of the ball immediately with the entire rest of their draft still left.

vCash
    And you would still be the Cleveland Browns next year.

#1 Best OL/DL in the draft
    #12 Best OL/DL in the draft

Romo in FA. I see Watson being similar to Wayne Mad-skills at the NFL level. He'll occasionally remind everyone why he's so highly thought of, but he won't be a consistent guy IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    And you would still be the Cleveland Browns next year.

#1 Best OL/DL in the draft
    #12 Best OL/DL in the draft

Romo in FA. I see Watson being similar to Wayne Mad-skills at the NFL level. He'll occasionally remind everyone why he's so highly thought of, but he won't be a consistent guy IMO.
    Romo ain't going to Cleveland.

Watson = Wayne Madkin?

vCash
    I don't see Watson and RG3 as remotely similar QBs other than both being black
    Hell the way they look is about the least similar thing about them. They are exactly the same QB, and neither will do anything in the NFL.

vCash
    Already has Joe Thomas. The Cowboys OL went 4-12 last year without Dak and Zek. Chicken or the Egg?
    1 piece or 5 pieces? 1 elite OL doesn't make a difference. 3 elite OL along with 2 very good OL does. The Cowboys stunk so bad because they couldn't get production from the most important position on the field QB. The running game was fine last year. McFadden ran for almost 1100yds. The QB is the most important position in the NFL but if you can't protect him he's useless.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TimberBeast View Post
    Hell the way they look is about the least similar thing about them. They are exactly the same QB, and neither will do anything in the NFL.
    Disagree. I see Watson as a future pocket guy that's bigger than RG3. Also a significantly more poised player that's shown the ability to effectively operate within a offensive structure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TimberBeast View Post
    Let's not act like RG3 wasn't the talk of the NFL until he tore his ACL & then tried to rush back too fast & got hurt again. If he stays healthy then Shanahan doesn't get fired & replaced by Gruden who couldn't stand RG3. A lot of what ifs but being injured is what affected RG3 career.

vCash
    Apparently me and the Browns front office are the only ones that don't know how to fix the Browns

vCash
    When you have as many holes as Cleveland does you don't reach for a QB at #1 if he's not the best player. You have holes at every level on both sides. You take the best player available at #1 & 12. Then at #33 & #50. They have 4 picks in the top 50. They have to hit on all 4. You do that by drafting the best player not reaching because of need. There are needs all across the roster.

vCash
    Romo ain't going to Cleveland.

Watson = Wayne Madkin?
    Watson in the NFL will look like Wayne did in the SEC.