Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What's this smoking gun the bear's are talking about

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    They've paid players to decommit from us. Paid them to not mention State in their interviews when asked what schools they're considering. Etc... They'll pay for damn near anything.
    I've heard that, too. That's about as sorry as you can get, especially considering the time they put into trying to convince everyone that they couldn't care less about State.

vCash
    The smoking gun is begger than anyone is expecting and will have ramifications far greater than even the most maroon colored spectacle wearing fan can imagine.

vCash
    When does the academics side of ole miss get too embarrassed by all of this and put their foot down for the sake of the reputation of the university?
    Last edited by MadDawg; 01-09-2017 at 01:54 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDawg View Post
    When does the academics side of ole miss get too embarrassed by all of this and put's their foot down for the sake of the reputation of the university?
    Because the ole miss cult mentality makes Scientology look like the Girl Scouts.

vCash
    Man, I'm over here all like:

vCash
    When does the academics side of ole miss get too embarrassed by all of this and put their foot down for the sake of the reputation of the university?
    Dan Jones says hi. They ran off the chancellor that wasn't just going to go along with everything. SMU is a jaywalker compared to UNM serial killer rapist.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    Hell I hope it never does. It can just keep rolling on and on and on till they can't take anymore and just shut whole program down!!!!!!

vCash
    Just speculation as I have said before- probably when the NCAA goes up to them and tells them that the last step is the death penalty and they better stop or else the hammer really will fall. We'll see if it even gets to that point. The fact that they aren't getting Akers and they are firing people like Barney Farrar tells me that they are at least maybe trying to slow down a little bit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Just speculation as I have said before- probably when the NCAA goes up to them and tells them that the last step is the death penalty and they better stop or else the hammer really will fall. We'll see if it even gets to that point. The fact that they aren't getting Akers and they are firing people like Barney Farrar tells me that they are at least maybe trying to slow down a little bit.
    But then you have to wonder about the Trooper Taylor hire...

vCash
    That's like asking the legal cover business of a mob boss when it is going to be too embarrassed by the illegal operations it is laundering money for if it is going to walk away out of embarrassment. The "academic side" of TSUN...that's a good one. I needed that laugh this morning.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boodawg View Post
    But then you have to wonder about the Trooper Taylor hire...
    That's kind of like a hit man throwing away a cheap sanitized 38 and going and buying a custom Glock for the next one.

vCash
    Is anybody hearing anything about Men's Basketball being caught up in the 2nd / amended NOA?

I've now heard from 2 individuals (only in generalities, not specifics mind you) that MBB may have also ran afoul of the ncaa.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WSOPdawg View Post
    Is anybody hearing anything about Men's Basketball being caught up in the 2nd / amended NOA?

I've now heard from 2 individuals (only in generalities, not specifics mind you) that MBB may have also ran afoul of the ncaa.
    If the NCAA stays around that long there is almost certain to be collateral damage. If their cheating was as institutional as it's starting to seem like it was this could wind up hitting every program they have. The backups on the tiddlywinks team might get jealous enough of the football players that they have to be kept quiet too.