Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's this smoking gun the bear's are talking about

vCash

What's this smoking gun the bear's are talking about

I've seen it mentioned o 3 of their boards,but nobody will say what it is.Some have said it's program altering,based on a tip the ncaa got about the 2013 class.Any of y'all know anything.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ATTILLA THE DOG View Post
    I've seen it mentioned o 3 of their boards,but nobody will say what it is.Some have said it's program altering,based on a tip the ncaa got about the 2013 class.Any of y'all know anything.
    It's hard to imagine anything being more program altering than the head coach being on an in-home visit with a booster, or a player admitting on national TV that members of the coaching staff were funneling impermissible benefits to players. Both of those are already public knowledge. If there is something else out there even bigger than those, then grab the popcorn.

vCash
    Hugh is considering coming out as a transvestite faith healer that sings show tunes at private parties and certain hair salons on the square. Lil Kim hired him a couple years ago as entertainment in Atlanta, but he was so awful he jumped out a window to get away from it.

vCash
    Not sure, but the NCAA doesn't need proof or a smoking gun to smoke them.

It's one of the most mis-understood foundations of the American legal system.

You don't need proof, you just need "guilty beyond reasonable doubt". The difference between "proof" & "Beyond Reasonable Doubt" is enormous.

Not sure why the Bears don't understand that

As to your question, I have no idea about a smoking gun. I still find if funny though how they'll blame everyone but themselves
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Maybe Kiffin ratted them out in exchange for being allowed to work under his brother

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Maybe Kiffin ratted them out in exchange for being allowed to work under his brother
    After watching the segment on Donnie Tyndall, I think one or more coaches were offered immunity.

vCash
    This would be amazing if true. As heavily involved as the entire University is in the Network, I could see the NCAA giving immunity to bring down the entire program. SMU doesn't have shit on UNM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    This would be amazing if true. As heavily involved as the entire University is in the Network, I could see the NCAA giving immunity to bring down the entire program. SMU doesn't have shit on UNM.
    Now this would be AWESOME!!!

vCash
    I'm sure they will just blame Rosebowl for it as usual.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Chaser View Post
    After watching the segment on Donnie Tyndall, I think one or more coaches were offered immunity.
    That's a very interesting theory with Heard going to IU and Kiffin/Batoon to FAU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    That's a very interesting theory with Heard going to IU and Kiffin/Batoon to FAU.
    Yes it is... and the fact that is has happened before makes me giddy. I'm talking Houston Dale Nutt giggity giddy.

vCash

You don't need proof, you just need "guilty beyond reasonable doubt". The difference between "proof" & "Beyond Reasonable Doubt" is enormous.

As to your question, I have no idea about a smoking gun. I still find if funny though how they'll blame everyone but themselves
    This is not a legal issue. It has nothing to do with legal requirements. The NCAA is a club with a governing body. They have been empowered by the members to create, administer, modify, regulate, etc the rules of membership. They are also empowered to enforce those rules...not based on the rule-of-law, but on the club rules ass member institutions agreed to as a condition of membership.
    Last edited by blacklistedbully; 01-08-2017 at 12:43 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSVDawg View Post
    It's hard to imagine anything being more program altering than the head coach being on an in-home visit with a booster, or a player admitting on national TV that members of the coaching staff were funneling impermissible benefits to players. Both of those are already public knowledge. If there is something else out there even bigger than those, then grab the popcorn.
    Could it be something like huge signing bonuses? So far, in my limited knowledge of the subject, it seems like amounts of money have been pretty small, like paying a $400 "light" bill.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blacklistedbully View Post
    This is not a legal issue. It has nothing to do with legal requirements, The NCAA is a club with a governing body. They have been empowered by the members to create, administer, modify, regulate, etc the rules of membership. They are also empowered to enforce those rules...not based on the rule-of-law, but on the club rules ass member institutions agreed to as a condition of membership.
    Absolutely agree, but the legal system cultivates our expectations of the needed level of evidence to hand down sanctions. Just was just putting this forth to explain how the level of evidence that the average Bear fan believe the NCAA needs is an invalid expectation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blacklistedbully View Post
    This is not a legal issue. It has nothing to do with legal requirements, The NCAA is a club with a governing body. They have been empowered by the members to create, administer, modify, regulate, etc the rules of membership. They are also empowered to enforce those rules...not based on the rule-of-law, but on the club rules ass member institutions agreed to as a condition of membership.
    Yes. This is a concept lost on many of the Bears.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Could it be something like huge signing bonuses? So far, in my limited knowledge of the subject, it seems like amounts of money have been pretty small, like paying a $400 "light" bill.
    The very first allegation, each subsection was a lot more than that and totals nearly $7,500. Their misinformation does it job a lot more than people think. Not picking on you, but without the CL constantly keeping the truth in the general public, even people who are on message boards believe their lies like this. And when they say there was no pay for play, that is a complete lie. That is exactly what impermissible benefits are. Doesn't have to be cash. Free loaner cars count as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    I've always heard that they give bonuses to commit. And I think there is a reason why so many highly rated players take visits to OM (visit bonus). And I've also heard that they pay out in monthly installments. Essentially, if you agreed to taking $100K... you'll get that paid out per month over your career.

vCash
    Paid to visit, paid to commit, paid to sign, paid the day you enroll, and payment each month till you leave the program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    The very first allegation, each subsection was a lot more than that and totals nearly $7,500. Their misinformation does it job a lot more than people think. Not picking on you, but without the CL constantly keeping the truth in the general public, even people who are on message boards believe their lies like this. And when they say there was no pay for play, that is a complete lie. That is exactly what impermissible benefits are. Doesn't have to be cash. Free loaner cars count as well.
    When does the IRS or other legal entity get involved with this issue, it is classic money laundering.

vCash

The NCAA has absolutely nothing to do with the American legal system. They're a club that colleges join and accept their rules. Boosters do not join and do not accept their rules, but the schools are still penalized for booster actions.

The NCAA is closer to a home owners association than a "legal system."