Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Paul Gainer

vCash
    Where have you been son, come on man!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    It was 19-13 with 14 mins left. Defense gave up a 6 min TD drive to end any hopes. But it wasn't close............lol
    I'm pretty harsh on Mullen, but agree on this: we lost the 2014 Alabama game because (1) we pressed in the first half and (2) couldn't get a stop on 3 straight 3rd-and-longs after we cut it to 19-13. We dominated the second half of that game but we had done so much damage early that we lost anyway.

vCash
    Is Dawg61 actually Hevesy. He sure seems to always be here to defend him. If so, Dawg61/Hevesy either start recruiting better or get out of town.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bigdawg View Post
    Is Dawg61 actually Hevesy. He sure seems to always be here to defend him. If so, Dawg61/Hevesy either start recruiting better or get out of town.
    Yep

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bigdawg View Post
    I accomplished my goal in this thread so I obviously can't be Hevesy who hasn't accomplished shit since he got here**

vCash
    Paul Gainer should re-commit because a thread got to 14 pages about firing the coach that let him get away. Talk about an ego boost. That's better than a fourth or fifth star from Rivals.***
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    If Hevesy is so terrible than how come we have the eight best offensive seasons ever for our program in the eight seasons Mullen & Hev have been coaching our offense at the same exact time that Alabama and especially their defense has been the best its ever been? We are setting records at the same exact time we are having to face that juggernaut of a defense every year and Alabama isn't the only SEC team to win a NC that've we've faced in the same timeframe. It's pretty damn obvious Hevesy is very important to Mullen.
    Pretty simple, Mullen has done a great job at the QB position. Good QBs win ball games and help set records. Plus, if we didn't have mobile QBs, we would need five QBs just to make it through the year.

Edit to say: 2014 line was pretty solid though. But it's because a walk on and couple other low rated guys panned out at the same time.
    Last edited by Bdawg; 01-07-2017 at 09:05 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    Pretty simple, Mullen has done a great job at the QB position. Good QBs win ball games and help set records. Plus, if we didn't have mobile QBs, we would need five QBs just to make it through the year.

Edit to say: 2014 line was pretty solid though. But it's because a walk on and couple other low rated guys panned out at the same time.
    I guess you could say the 2014 line was pretty solid, although they were totally dominated by Ole Miss. Robinson got hit as soon as Dak gave him the ball, and they were all over Dak, not giving him much time to throw.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    I guess you could say the 2014 line was pretty solid, although they were totally dominated by Ole Miss. Robinson got hit as soon as Dak gave him the ball, and they were all over Dak, not giving him much time to throw.
    That was an elite defense for 2014. And we still ran for 163 yards and over 440 yards of total offense

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    That was an elite defense for 2014. And we still ran for 163 yards and over 440 yards of total offense
    Really Clark, if you don't think the Ole Miss defense line dominated State's OL in the '14 game, I don't think you and I were watching the same game. I'm as much as State homer as you are, but some time you have to face facts. We were beat on the LOS that game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Yep.

What is the one question mark EVERY SINGLE YEAR going into the season at MSU? What about the years we win 8 or 9...what is the reason we didn't get to 10 or 11? It's always the same one position group that keeps our seasons from being what they could be, or has us questioning our team going in. Even in the 2014 year, one position group kept us from winning the West....they were overachieving enough to get us 10 wins, but they ultimately weren't talented enough to get us that monster 11th. I don't have to say what group.
    The 2014 offensive line was definitely not the problem vs Georgia Tech--we set offensive records. OL was a problem vs Bama and OM, but I believe we had two or more starters out vs OM. And really, the defense was the biggest problem vs OM in 2014, too. They jumped out to a big lead early.

For a lot of our games vs Bama in recent years (not 2016) we had several unforced interceptions by our QBs. We outgained them in 2014 and 2015.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    Really Clark, if you don't think the Ole Miss defense line dominated State's OL in the '14 game, I don't think you and I were watching the same game. I'm as much as State homer as you are, but some time you have to face facts. We were beat on the LOS that game.
    I didn't say that at all. They were very disruptive. But we also moved the ball on them to the tune of 440+ yards. That is a fact. Don't act like we had 175 yards of total offense that game.
    Last edited by Really Clark?; 01-07-2017 at 02:02 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Dear Alex Gibbs**,

First of all, you might want to look at the CONTEXT of the question that I was asked before trying to prove to everyone how little you know about football. If you hadn't had such a hard-on for trying- emphasis on the word trying to prove me wrong you might have actually noticed- which is hard with your head up your ass- that I was responding to the question about which recruits Hevesy has missed on. Missed as in being a player we didn't get. Not who was going to be the next Derek Sherrod since Hevesy cowers as soon as pretty much any power five team offers at recruit- so in your finite football wisdom you should realize that these misses would have been as good as what we brought in and at worst would have helped with our depth.

On Mix- yeah, he wasn't great. I've even heard from people that he was soft. And oh by the way- I was actually at the game you are referencing and if you think Adams "blew him up" all day, you were either watching an entirely different game or more likely don't know what the **** you are talking about. Go ahead and twist this into me saying that Mix looked like Bruce Matthews- hardly. Often times Adams wasn't even lined up on him but I don't have to tell you that since you know everything. Mix was average that game. Although even if you were right- which you aren't- I'm not sure that getting blown up by a future Semper-Fi All-American is that bad of an indictment against anyone. Maybe if it was your kid that was blowing him up then it would be an insult. At any rate, the BIGGEST problem I have is whether he was a take or not or turned out great or not- it's wrong to treat people the way that Hevesy did. PERIOD.

Norman Price? Yeah- it would be fair if I counted Clausell and Day.... OH WAIT I DO! AND HAVE OFTEN DONE SO ON THIS BOARD! Except for Jackson because Hevesy didn't recruit him. But you know that don't you Coach Gibbs? And actually, I did know that USM moved Freeman to OT. Went to the NOLA Bowl and saw him in person. I thought he did a good job. Wish we had brought him in because he turned into a good player. Apparently Price is so bad that the 49ers are giving him a shot so I guess you know more about o-line evaluation than they do too? Laughable.

Scott Lashley has been working at OT for Alabama but you knew that too since you know more than Christobal. I guess you probably think that was a great miss by Hevesy as well? ****ing dumbass.

We'll see about Hogan. At this point some people aren't sure if he will play OL/DL anyway. Not that I'm taking your evaluation seriously by the way.

So, in short- you don't know what the **** you are talking about on anything. I doubt I would even do banking with you and it's pretty shocking that someone as stupid as you handles money. In fact, I would value the "analysis" on o-line play from a rock over your bullshit that you just wasted my life on.

Ha I know more about this program and what's going on inside of it and football in general then you do about the Famous Maroon Band. Hell I'll say I'll know more about what's going inside the baseball program then you.

When Random knew the stuff about Quay, he was getting it from me. And I know A LOT more about recruiting in this state then you do.

You really wish we would've taken a Wil Freeman? I expect nothing less of you. You still think we should've taken Sam Craft, Julius Hodges, Red from Mendenhall, Allen Lamar, Minshew, and probably even Brady Davis. You don't know what the hell you're talking about. Because Wil will even tell you he got lucky. He didn't play 1/3 of the snaps on defense and our "crappy OL" let him up for two straight years. Trust me on that.

Mix was getting blown up by a SOPHMORE Fletcher Adams. At that time he wasn't an All-American. You are probably still "getting a hard" on for Devon too. He was a 4* and all but was the worse OL we've had over the past 15 years. But you always stood up for him. Why? Because he went to MC and was a 4* recruit.

You probably don't know that by Bama paying up more for Lashley, Knott, and Davis it allowed us to get Simmons. Oh and to your point about Cristobal practicing him at OT; weren't you one of the ones bitching about Hevesy doing this for our guys? Yeah you were. But Lashley is a guard all the way and is playing there because his footwork isn't good enough to play tackle. It wasn't even good enough to play LT at WEST POINT.

The problem with our OL is that most of these guys don't know how to block in a zone scheme. Outside of a select few 6A schools, no one runs them. Which in turns makes them think more instead of playing mean. OL play isn't as easy as just getting up and going through the steps. You have to learn the scheme and steps. Then learn how to watch film and prepare. I compare that to Coach Mo telling TBuck "Take Peters, I can't do anything with him. He can't pick up the scheme." Players in MS don't know schemes. It's line up and play backyard football.

Get back to Hevesy, I've camped for the guy. Yeah he's a hard ass. I would rather my coach be a dick to me and stay on my ass then someone telling me how great I am and in return makes me work not as hard. You think Cristobal is soft on his guys? Damn fool. You think Saban is soft? Let me tell you at his NSAAFC in '11; the guy dropped the F Bomb 6-7 times in front of recruits mom's. But you don't hear about that. Hell, you probably would've taken your kid away.

Gosh, you better thank your Uncle for giving you his insight on baseball so you can run and post it to look like you know what the hell you're talking about.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BankerDog View Post
    Ha I know more about this program and what's going on inside of it and football in general then you do about the Famous Maroon Band. Hell I'll say I'll know more about what's going inside the baseball program then you.

When Random knew the stuff about Quay, he was getting it from me. And I know A LOT more about recruiting in this state then you do.

You really wish we would've taken a Wil Freeman? I expect nothing less of you. You still think we should've taken Sam Craft, Julius Hodges, Red from Mendenhall, Allen Lamar, Minshew, and probably even Brady Davis. You don't know what the hell you're talking about. Because Wil will even tell you he got lucky. He didn't play 1/3 of the snaps on defense and our "crappy OL" let him up for two straight years. Trust me on that.

Mix was getting blown up by a SOPHMORE Fletcher Adams. At that time he wasn't an All-American. You are probably still "getting a hard" on for Devon too. He was a 4* and all but was the worse OL we've had over the past 15 years. But you always stood up for him. Why? Because he went to MC and was a 4* recruit.

You probably don't know that by Bama paying up more for Lashley, Knott, and Davis it allowed us to get Simmons. Oh and to your point about Cristobal practicing him at OT; weren't you one of the ones bitching about Hevesy doing this for our guys? Yeah you were. But Lashley is a guard all the way and is playing there because his footwork isn't good enough to play tackle. It wasn't even good enough to play LT at WEST POINT.

The problem with our OL is that most of these guys don't know how to block in a zone scheme. Outside of a select few 6A schools, no one runs them. Which in turns makes them think more instead of playing mean. OL play isn't as easy as just getting up and going through the steps. You have to learn the scheme and steps. Then learn how to watch film and prepare. I compare that to Coach Mo telling TBuck "Take Peters, I can't do anything with him. He can't pick up the scheme." Players in MS don't know schemes. It's line up and play backyard football.

Get back to Hevesy, I've camped for the guy. Yeah he's a hard ass. I would rather my coach be a dick to me and stay on my ass then someone telling me how great I am and in return makes me work not as hard. You think Cristobal is soft on his guys? Damn fool. You think Saban is soft? Let me tell you at his NSAAFC in '11; the guy dropped the F Bomb 6-7 times in front of recruits mom's. But you don't hear about that. Hell, you probably would've taken your kid away.

Gosh, you better thank your Uncle for giving you his insight on baseball so you can run and post it to look like you know what the hell you're talking about.

That's gonna leave a mark.

Banned
    vCash

vCash

Doubtful on all points about knowing more than me on anything since literally the only time your sorry ass posts on here it's directed to me. Seems to me if you actually knew something you would contribute more to the board than just trying to constantly trying to call out a "band member" you *****. It also seems to me if you were some awesome football guru you would actually still be coaching rather than banking or riding in a garbage truck all day.

Yes I do really wish we had taken Will Freeman. You know why? It's because of something you have ZERO concept about- which is character, work ethic and team chemistry. You put people like Will Freeman on your team and it makes the other players better because he helps push them. Doubtful you know anything about that since you are obviously a complete failure at football.

On those other random players- links please? Never have even mentioned Hodges, "Red from Mendenhall, or Brady Davis" You want to know the real reason why I am "hyping up" Nik Hogan- it 's because ya boi Hevesy's sorry ass has TWO high school o-linemen committed at this time you dumbass. How many o-linemen does it take to have an o-linemen do you need in the SEC Alex Gibbs? What was that FIVE? Meaning that we are THREE short right now five years out. But don't worry Hevesy has it. You are twisting has a chance to start 4-5 years from now into probably will start because no one else is there. Way to whiff douchebag. You're so full of shit. You can't even get what I post straight much less have the mental capacity to do anything else. Not only that you are ****ing liar because you are so ****ing obsessed with me.

You just look stupid on Adams blowing up Mix. You might want to step away from that one. Four star Adams blowing up Three star Mix. But now it's bad because Adams was a sophomore? Did you not see how good Tony Conner was as a freshman when South Panola was in the championship game? Being at that game alone told me how full of shit you are. On Desper- well, he was a three star but I don't have to tell you that since you know everything. Secondly I think the most I've said about him as far as defending him is he should have been at right guard instead of left and lo and behold guess what- he looked a LOT better there than he did at left guard. Pretty sad that a guy in the band figured that out and you and your lover Hevesy couldn't huh? Usually when people would say stuff about him I would just not say anything mainly because I know his Dad- which is actually probably more contacts than you REALLY have.

On Lashley- no I was not bitching about Hevesy playing guys at their actual position. It probably hasn't occurred to you that maybe Christobal and Alabama think he's an OT and that you could possibly be WRONG since you think you know more than football than him. Keep trying dumbass.

Actually agree with you that a lot of our problem is a lot of high schools don't use a zone running scheme. But that's part of the reason WHY we can't just keep taking 3 o-linemen a year and Hevesy needs to start bringing more o-linemen in and why he needs to bring in more than guys with Sun Belt offers. O-line is a development position. I don't expect any o-lineman to be able to reasonably start until their redshirt sophomore year in most instances. Obviously there are a FEW exceptions like a Cam Robinson or a Tunsil. When I am talking about a prospect, I am talking about what I think they will do 3-5 years out. The only time I project an o-lineman to start before then is if there is no upperclassmen in front of them. Like this year with our RT and Eiland. I've also mentioned how much that concerns me.

Back to Hevesy- you don't have to be soft to recruit well. THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT OF THIS THREAD DUMBASS! I would imagine most football coaches are hardasses because it comes with the territory. The difference between Saban and Hevesy is Saban can RECRUIT. The thing that actually bothers me the most about Hevesy is the fact that he doesn't WANT to recruit and he is lazy with it. I don't believe I ever said that I wanted Hevesy to be softer- maybe it's the opposite because I want him to recruit- which is actually more of a selling job than anything. Do I have a problem with how he treated Mix? Absolutely. Not only because it was over the top rude- but part of the reason why Hevesy got pissed off about it was because he knew that he was going to have to work a little bit harder to keep Mix. You never hear about Saban treating people like that on the recruiting trail where it's "Don't visit or else". All of those o-linemen you told me that sucked a couple of posts ago? Your guy was going to take EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM.

And actually, believe it or not my Dad taught me more about baseball than my uncle. To give credit where credit is due.

Hope your date with Hev goes well.