Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Paul Gainer

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    The question was while Mullen was here
    No I said we haven't signed a 5* OL in the history of our program to point out that its not just a Mullen & Hevesy problem. You then asked how many have we signed at those other positions. You morphed it into "while Mullen was here" question just now I didn't.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    No I said we haven't signed a 5* OL in the history of our program to point out that its not just a Mullen & Hevesy problem. You then asked how many have we signed at those other positions. You morphed it into "while Mullen was here" question just now I didn't.
    Obviously there was static in the line then

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    There a couple of lineman that had a chance to be in our program or that would sign with us that could have potentially really helped us if Hev wasn't here. And no I'm not going thru the exercise of listing them.

vCash
    If Hevesy is so terrible than how come we have the eight best offensive seasons ever for our program in the eight seasons Mullen & Hev have been coaching our offense at the same exact time that Alabama and especially their defense has been the best its ever been? We are setting records at the same exact time we are having to face that juggernaut of a defense every year and Alabama isn't the only SEC team to win a NC that've we've faced in the same timeframe. It's pretty damn obvious Hevesy is very important to Mullen.
    I don't get the point your trying to make.

1. We don't play bama everygame. That's why we are setting records.
    2. Are we setting records against bama? just trying to understand your reasoning.
    3. Its ok for Hevy to be important to Mullen but if the Natty is so important to Dan like he says then why the hell would he let Hevy get away with the stuff we have been talking about. When multiple recruits are missed its time to nut up and handle your shit. Like I said earlier if he can coach fine, let the man coach, if he cant recruit or is just not that good at it or doesn't want to, then for the sake of football in the state of MS don't stick the guy with recruits. It really is that simple.

NO NO , ITS SEMANTICS lol see that on here a lot but its not that complicated and if I was getting paid like all these coaches, that would be the swinging dick I needed to make decisions and changes. Its obvious that Mullen has leeway with the admin so lets get a frickin snake tonged guy in there that can sell a used condom to a balloon ty'er and don't have to know jack shite about coaching and pay them all according to contribution.

One more time, from what I am seeing the guy is a great position coach. I even read an article about how good of a position coach he is, but that isn't all there is to college football.
    Also, I realize that MS does not produce OL recruits like other states. Which actually blows my frickin mind because of all the beast lookin guys I see around.

Maybe somebody needs to start a training camp or something for OL development.
    I would but I don't know anything about that or where to start. Oh but if I did!
    There is money in it boys, and I want to get down with the dollars.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    There a couple of lineman that had a chance to be in our program or that would sign with us that could have potentially really helped us if Hev wasn't here. And no I'm not going thru the exercise of listing them.
    Ok look I have no undying love for Hevesy here but you gotta see that he is important to Mullen and for whatever reason that is only Mullen knows. Sure we could potentially sign better recruits with a different OL coach but does that improve our offense when you take away the offensive assistant that Mullen wants here the most? I think you guys are playing with a lit match and dynamite here. You're willing to potentially blow up Mullen's offense completely so we can potentially sign better "on paper" OL than we have in the past even though it's been proven fact over and over that offensive line is the single most difficult position to project good players from. You're chasing stars when Mullen has told you repeatedly that's not how he recruits nor will he ever.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdGen View Post
    I don't get the point your trying to make.

1. We don't play bama everygame. That's why we are setting records.
    2. Are we setting records against bama? just trying to understand your reasoning.
    The records would be even higher than they already are is my point. He is setting records while still having to face that defense once a year. And LSU and Auburn. The point really is that our offense is producing at a tremendous rate compared to our history and I don't think its worth ****ing that up to chase stars.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Ok look I have no undying love for Hevesy here but you gotta see that he is important to Mullen and for whatever reason that is only Mullen knows. Sure we could potentially sign better recruits with a different OL coach but does that improve our offense when you take away the offensive assistant that Mullen wants here the most? I think you guys are playing with a lit match and dynamite here. You're willing to potentially blow up Mullen's offense completely so we can potentially sign better "on paper" OL than we have in the past even though it's been proven fact over and over that offensive line is the single most difficult position to project good players from. You're chasing stars when Mullen has told you repeatedly that's not how he recruits nor will he ever.
    Blow up the offense completely? By getting rid of Hevesy? This is some of the stupidest moronic horseshit ever been typed on this here message board. I can't believe that actually made it to the post button.

I'm not chasing stars I'm chasing players. Hevesy is a ****ing detriment to our program. You act like he is the glue that holds the whole ****ing thing together. He is not the OL whisperer, not even in that universe.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    I dont know why I even engage. It's useless. And I'm typing this now bc I know what's coming.

vCash
    Blow up the offense completely? By getting rid of Hevesy? This is some of the stupidest moronic horseshit ever been typed on this here message board. I can't believe that actually made it to the post button.

I'm not chasing stars I'm chasing players. Hevesy is a ****ing detriment to our program. You act like he is the glue that holds the whole ****ing thing together. He is not the OL whisperer, not even in that universe.
    Yet Mullen doesn't want to let hevesy go. Perhaps you know how to run our offense better than Mullen

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Yet Mullen doesn't want to let hevesy go. Perhaps you know how to run our offense better than Mullen
    Don't be ****ing stupid. I would damn sure recruit better.

vCash
    Hey, the Saints fired Vitt. There's hope for those that wish unemployment on a longtime assistant.

vCash
    Don't be ****ing stupid. I would damn sure recruit better.
    Haha probably so

Banned
    vCash

Already told you I don't have the answer to why Hevesy is so important to Mullen. Only Mullen can answer that but Mullen's offense is by far the best we've ever had so I am just gonna trust him that he needs and wants Hevesy around for a reason. Chemistry can't be explained. Throwing out Hevesy is ****ing with Mullen's offensive chemistry. So yes you're risking blowing up Mullen's offense when you start ****ing with his chemistry. He has made it very clear Hevesy is very important to him. Wish you guys were this passionate about Mullen changing his pus$y defensive philosophy as you are about firing Hevesy.

vCash
    Hevesy is not responsible for our offense "setting records". Mullen is. But IF Hevesy IS the conductor of our offensive engine (which he isn't), and absolutely cannot be replaced without destroying our record setting offense....then make him OC and hire an OL coach...bc he can't recruit, and we can't afford to waste the first 6-7 games every year trying to let him play musical chairs and figure out who can suck the least to start for our SEC offensive line.

Like I said earlier, if your Sales Region hit quota but that was because 9 reps blew quota out of the water and made up for the one guy that didn't hit quota, you have 2 options.....keep status quo and be happy your region hit quota and got small bonuses, OR replace the weak link bc you can blow quota out of the water with a competent 10th salesman and everybody can get a monster bonus next year. Winners want to maximize their potential, losers are happy with just getting by. That's what I'm getting at. If not being able to move the ball at all against good teams, but "setting records" in the other games on our way to 6 wins makes you happy...fine. But don't get mad at those of us that feel a better OL could significantly improve our chances to upset a few teams we normally wouldn't and would definitely help us climb a few rungs higher on the SEC ladder.

vCash
    Every college around is setting personal offensive records. We have been going thru an offensive revolution the last 10 years

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Already told you I don't have the answer to why Hevesy is so important to Mullen. Only Mullen can answer that but Mullen's offense is by far the best we've ever had so I am just gonna trust him that he needs and wants Hevesy around for a reason. Chemistry can't be explained. Throwing out Hevesy is ****ing with Mullen's offensive chemistry. So yes you're risking blowing up Mullen's offense when you start ****ing with his chemistry. He has made it very clear Hevesy is very important to him. Wish you guys were this passionate about Mullen changing his pus$y defensive philosophy as you are about firing Hevesy.
    Well maybe you are onto something...if Hev is integral to the engine and crucial to Mullen even with his obvious shortcomings and Mullen won't do anything about our defensive philosophy then by that Mullen should be the one to probably go...let's go get a guy that will hold coaches accountable to their complete job duties. It can be done.

vCash
    let's go get a guy that will hold coaches accountable to their complete job duties. It can be done.
    Was hoping that was Cohen...we'll see.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post
    Every college around is setting personal offensive records. We have been going thru an offensive revolution the last 10 years
    Yep.

What is the one question mark EVERY SINGLE YEAR going into the season at MSU? What about the years we win 8 or 9...what is the reason we didn't get to 10 or 11? It's always the same one position group that keeps our seasons from being what they could be, or has us questioning our team going in. Even in the 2014 year, one position group kept us from winning the West....they were overachieving enough to get us 10 wins, but they ultimately weren't talented enough to get us that monster 11th. I don't have to say what group.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Hevesy is not responsible for our offense "setting records". Mullen is. But IF Hevesy IS the conductor of our offensive engine (which he isn't), and absolutely cannot be replaced without destroying our record setting offense....then make him OC and hire an OL coach...bc he can't recruit, and we can't afford to waste the first 6-7 games every year trying to let him play musical chairs and figure out who can suck the least to start for our SEC offensive line.

Like I said earlier, if your Sales Region hit quota but that was because 9 reps blew quota out of the water and made up for the one guy that didn't hit quota, you have 2 options.....keep status quo and be happy your region hit quota and got small bonuses, OR replace the weak link bc you can blow quota out of the water with a competent 10th salesman and everybody can get a monster bonus next year. Winners want to maximize their potential, losers are happy with just getting by. That's what I'm getting at. If not being able to move the ball at all against good teams, but "setting records" in the other games on our way to 6 wins makes you happy...fine. But don't get mad at those of us that feel a better OL could significantly improve our chances to upset a few teams we normally wouldn't and would definitely help us climb a few rungs higher on the SEC ladder.
    Waste first 6-7 games?

Since Mullen got here, we're 38-20 in our first 7 games of the season. Throw out this year's 2-5 and we're 36-15.

I notice the fire Hev crowd left off the "can't block OM" this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Yep.

What is the one question mark EVERY SINGLE YEAR going into the season at MSU? What about the years we win 8 or 9...what is the reason we didn't get to 10 or 11? It's always the same one position group that keeps our seasons from being what they could be, or has us questioning our team going in. Even in the 2014 year, one position group kept us from winning the West....they were overachieving enough to get us 10 wins, but they ultimately weren't talented enough to get us that monster 11th. I don't have to say what group.
    Safety has been just as much of a question mark throughout mullen's tenure, yet we never hear about it... just oline