Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Paul Gainer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    There's a reason why the OL taken in the NFL (out of 15 taken, 9 were 3 stars and under) are generally not 5/4 star guys.
    Yea, the reason is that there are about 10 times as many OL ranked 3* or under.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    This is pretty much the consensus. Its actually fortunate for us that OL is the toughest to evaluate or our OL situation would be worse than it is. We stumble onto some good OL just because they develop better than most would have thought and some of the OL we lose out on that are higher rated do bust. If OL were more easily assessed we would be worse off because we consistently sign the lowest rated OL in the SEC thanks to our buddy Hev. The guy is a better than average coach but you can only do so much with what we are able to sign that are willing to play for him. If there has ever been a subject to b*tch and moan about like women its this one. Personally, I'm not crazy about the idea of him representing my university when he recruits given how he presents himself.
    Well said.

vCash
    Patrick Magee has a story on sunherald.com with quotes from PG. Basicaly said he hears from Thick every week but rarely hears from OL coaches. Sorry, I don't know how to post articles to the board. As has been mentioned in this thread I have also heard from a SHS athletic department employee that the kids can't stand Hev. I was told once that Hev doesn't recruit SHS. This may be true but they see him in other places. Starkvill ain't that big. I agree that Hev gets a lot out of the OL, but how much could he get out of a group with more talent is the question.
    Last edited by DeputyDawg94; 01-05-2017 at 03:59 PM.

vCash
    Posting from my phone sux. Should say Tbcuk in my previous post not Thick.

vCash
    So we just had a former hard commit call out our OL coach in a newspaper. Hevesy GTFO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GTHOM View Post
    So we just had a former hard commit call out our OL coach in a newspaper. Hevesy GTFO
    Didn't we have chason Virgil call out Mullen for dropping him? Should we fire Mullen too?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Tell me what did Hev do to cause this kid to change mind since he first committed? Hev was the same coach win he committed as he is now.
    "I decommitted because of the lack of communication from the offensive line coaches,? Gainer said. ?I talk to (cornerbacks coach Terrell Buckley) almost every week. I just don't feel comfortable with my position coach because I want to talk to him. I've got to get an understanding. I wasn't feeling the love from it."

Read more here: http://www.sunherald.com/sports/high...#storylink=cpy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Didn't we have chason Virgil call out Mullen for dropping him? Should we fire Mullen too?
    That was a totally different situation. Mullen knew what we had at QB. We let Virgil go in plenty of time to find other options. Ganier left because his OL coach is a lazy asshole when it comes to recruiting

vCash
    That was a totally different situation. Mullen knew what we had at QB. We let Virgil go in plenty of time to find other options. Ganier left because his OL coach is a lazy asshole when it comes to recruiting
    We dropped Virgil 1 week before he was to enroll. He was an EE

vCash
    Thats still plenty of time before signing day. IM NOT SAYING FIRE MULLEN

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    It was Virgil's coach who called out Mullen, not Virgil himself. Two similar outcomes with different causes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    I'm done bashing Hev. It's 100% on Mullen now. If he has no issues with our O-line or O-line recruiting then it's on him. It's pointless to blame Hev b/c he's not going to leave on his own. There's probably a reason why no one has tried to hire him away like happened with several of our d-coordinators, Tony Hughes, and recently Brian Johnson.
    Pretty much the same situation we had with Croom and McCorvey. Our offense was horrendous every year but the only way you were going to get rid of McCorvey was if you got rid of Croom. Of course, in that case, we eventually got rid of Croom.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DeputyDawg94 View Post
    rarely hears from OL coaches.
    A. We only have one OL coach
    B. This is probably by design even though Gainer apparently wanted to talk to him

vCash
    B. This is probably by design even though Gainer apparently wanted to talk to him[/QUOTE]

I've heard that if a baseball coach/recruiter is interested in you, there is no doubt. You can definitely tell. From what I was told, they will contact you. They will return phone calls, etc when permissible. If they cannot contact you directly, they will figure out a legal way to get in touch with you. Not sure how it is in football.

vCash
    According to 24/7, John Hevesy is Willie Gay's recruiter. Just now checked. Maybe they are wrong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    According to 24/7, John Hevesy is Willie Gay's recruiter. Just now checked. Maybe they are wrong.
    I thought Peter Sirmon was supposed to be some hot shot recruiter LB coach when we hired him? Seems like he should be the one working on Gay 24/7. Gay is about the only big LB target I know of that we are on right now.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post
    Hev gonna Hev.

We in no way have better options and told him to look around. Complete Bullshit
    This. And would anyone have imagined that he recommitted because there was basically zero communication from
    Hev? This is from a coach on the coast and the reason he decomposed. Backsally said Hev wasn't even talking to him. Seems to be a recurring theme with Hev either not showing any love or turning one off by being a dick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    "I decommitted because of the lack of communication from the offensive line coaches,? Gainer said. ?I talk to (cornerbacks coach Terrell Buckley) almost every week. I just don't feel comfortable with my position coach because I want to talk to him. I've got to get an understanding. I wasn't feeling the love from it."
    Holy crap Hev. What do you do all day exactly? Your obviously not reading this:

vCash
    And why does Mullen put up with this? Dead horse I know, but dang son.

vCash
    So he's apparently headed to usm according to crystal balls