Thread: Paul Gainer

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post
    Hev gonna Hev.

We in no way have better options and told him to look around. Complete Bullshit
    What's his better option? ULL and Usm?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    What's his better option? ULL and Usm?
    So we have spent a couple years recruiting a guy that is not SEC-worthy and had him committed- only to drop him the last month?

vCash
    So we have spent a couple years recruiting a guy that is not SEC-worthy and had him committed- only to drop him the last month?
    Terrible evaluation. The guy doesn't even have another power 5 offer. What frustrates me more than Hev being a weak recruiter is how terrible of an evaluator he is. This is an indictment on Hev's evaluation ability. Not recruiting ability.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    I don't think we completely dropped him but he was concerned about our depth at guard and there is a debate whether to continue to push to get him back in the fold. Let's see what happens with an OV. And no, I've stated that while Hev can be a good OL coach, his recruiting is a complete albatross on the staff. But haven't heard that Hev screwed the recruiting in this one. They do feel good about the interior right now and are really focused on tackle prospects (they had better get at least 2 good prospects). From his side I don't understand it other than wanting to go to a smaller school thinking he has a better chance to start early.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    I don't think we completely dropped him but he was concerned about our depth at guard and there is a debate whether to continue to push to get him back in the fold. Let's see what happens with an OV. And no, I've stated that while Hev can be a good OL coach, his recruiting is a complete albatross on the staff. But haven't heard that Hev screwed the recruiting in this one. They do feel good about the interior right now and are really focused on tackle prospects (they had better get at least 2 good prospects). From his side I don't understand it other than wanting to go to a smaller school thinking he has a better chance to start early.
    Completely illogical. You have to recruit for 3-5 years out- not next year on the o-line when we are talking about high school prospects.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Completely illogical. You have to recruit for 3-5 years out- not next year on the o-line when we are talking about high school prospects.
    What's illogical? His thinking, I agree. I said I don't think we dropped him but there is questions on whether he will be able to hold up. He didn't add size. But we will see if we bring him on an OV. I would like to have him, I think there is something there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    What's illogical? His thinking, I agree. I said I don't think we dropped him but there is questions on whether he will be able to hold up. He didn't add size. But we will see if we bring him on an OV. I would like to have him, I think there is something there.
    The thought that our staff is focusing on offensive tackles when we have two already committed from the high school ranks and then doing so in lieu of guard spots. If they are thinking that they are stupid because 3-5 years from now all we will have are centers and guards. And no, I don't think that is really what the staff is going for here. I don't think we dropped him either. We have to have at least one spot from missing on Hayes. Not to mention the talk that we were going to take another o-lineman before that even happened. You only drop a guy like this is you legitimately have all of your other spots filled or are 95% sure you have them filled. I don't think our staff did that either.

Personally, what probably did happen is Hevesy probably thought he was solid and just stopped recruiting him because he didn't think he had to worry about him. Not sure that's 100% the case but that's a common theme among our o-line recruits that we miss. That or Gainer wanted to take a visit and Hevesy told him to go 17 himself like Deon Mix.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    The thought that our staff is focusing on offensive tackles when we have two already committed from the high school ranks and then doing so in lieu of guard spots. If they are thinking that they are stupid because 3-5 years from now all we will have are centers and guards. And no, I don't think that is really what the staff is going for here. I don't think we dropped him either. We have to have at least one spot from missing on Hayes. Not to mention the talk that we were going to take another o-lineman before that even happened. You only drop a guy like this is you legitimately have all of your other spots filled or are 95% sure you have them filled. I don't think our staff did that either.

Personally, what probably did happen is Hevesy probably thought he was solid and just stopped recruiting him because he didn't think he had to worry about him. Not sure that's 100% the case but that's a common theme among our o-line recruits that we miss. That or Gainer wanted to take a visit and Hevesy told him to go 17 himself like Deon Mix.
    The only thing that makes any sense is if we feel extremely good about some recruits that effects the overall that were not thought to be available making the numbers tight. We did pick up some last minute surprises on defense at the early signing period. We signed 2 OL already, have 2 more committed and what? 10 left for next year. That leaves 2-3 max possible for OL in this class. They have better have that sealed up by signing day. Don't need to be left holding the bag at the end again this year. If LSU hadn't offered Cushenberry (a very low 3 star) last year it would be a little better. Of course Lashley as well but that last min offer really hurt in the end.