Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rosebowl (Boneyard), Brian Johnson, and Dan's gawdy offensive numbers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    Jar Jar? I thought they killed you in Revenge of the Sith?!?
    I'm hoping that he is killed by Boba Fett in the Han Solo movie. Fanboys would rejoice everywhere!

vCash
    Wtf bro

That shit was unbearable. Why....nevermind.

And you're shocked that the best 2 offensive years were when the current QB of the 13-2 Dallas Cowboys was our QB? Ok. If BJ gets credit for 14 & 15, then he also gets credit for our 8th ranked SEC offense in 16.
    Last edited by CadaverDawg; 12-30-2016 at 10:20 AM.

vCash
    I along with others are for to be having it a hard time understanding your intended meaning of post.

Perhaps you may be providing updation of original post with out grammatical errors and none of use of slang terminologies. Until thens we are not in same line of thinking with you.

Thanks,
    Swami
    "Even the greatest fool can accomplish a task if it were after his or her heart. But the intelligent ones are those who can convert every work into one that suits their taste." - Swami Vivekananda

vCash
    Damn, it wasn't that bad. There has been way worse $hit posted. Pile on the poor ****er , why don't you. He probably won't get a job anywhere as a Sports Writer, But this is ED where lot's of drivel is posted.

vCash
    I just figured he was real drunk, which I can forgive, cause I've posted before in similar condition. Wake up the next day and be like, damn, don't remember that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    Jar Jar? I thought they killed you in Revenge of the Sith?!?
    I stopped reading this about two sentences in because I was embarrassed for the author and the time he must have spent on a joke (?) that fell remarkably flat...about as flat as our defense this year. Then I read your post and it changed everything. Reading it in Jar Jar's voice makes it hilarious and much more bearable.

vCash
    Damn, that shit was wack. I ain't never read no crazy cracka ass shit like that befo.

Banned
    vCash
    Cool story brah. Smh

vCash
    In somewhat better English. Rosie was being well ... very Rosie on the Boneyard day before yesterday. Said don't sweat Brian Johnson leaving, Dan is the QB whisperer, and the offensive numbers were big before Brian got here, just go look at the record book. Said the cupboard ain't bare (which I agree with) and we got a lot of talent coming back.

The intent was a little satire (Li'l Abner style maybe) at the fact that Rosie and some other folks wanna say we never have to worry about offense under Dan ... the offense is always good. I haven't remembered quite that way. So I went and looked at the numbers.

I actually was very surprised at how low the numbers actually were pre-2014. I don't know how good or what the entire scope of Johnson's contribution was, but Dak has given him cudos and he got here in 2014. This doesn't mean I believe Johnson is the primary reason for the 2014 offense. It also doesn't mean that I don't think we can be good next year ... cause I do. Rosie did emphasize that you have to do it Dan's way (I'm ok with that), but how much he emphasized it sorta made me think Dan and Brian may have gotten a little crossways. Don't know. My perception was Johnson was a good asset to have.

Also, I do see us maybe being pretty good in 2018. I ain't counting on challenging Bama much tho. When folks say that ... I'm kinda SMH on that one. I lot of folks on here are saying we can be good then and I'm kinda believing so some too ... I'm a soft buy on that for now. We'll see.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    More specifically, dak's junior and senior years... I'm not ready to say fitz will be just as good as dak, but i do think there will be a significant improvement in his play the next 2 seasons. I know, I know... 3 olinemen and our best wr. In '14, we lost 3 olinemen (day, clausell, and beckwith), NFL te (Johnson), 2 starting wr's (Johnson and Lewis), and jrob. Despite those losses, we still finished 2nd in the sec in total offense bc of a really good qb... I expect us to have really good qb play the next 2 seasons and our offensive losses this year aren't close to the offensive losses of '14 imo
    Yes we had a decent offense in 2015- except when we played LSU, A&M, Auburn, Bama, and OM (had 13 points thru 3 quarters when the game mattered- got 2 garbage TD's)...scoring 34, 62, 45, and 45 against a weak OOC inflated those numbers.

Also- Lewis was not even starting by the end of the season and had been replaced by Ross. While RoJo was a starter- he was 9th on our team in receptions.

We replaced 3 starters on the OL and lost JRob- and couldnt run the ball at all. Finished 12th in the SEC in rushing. That is what led us to being unable to even score 20 points in 4 of our 8 SEC games. We were 6th in Scoring offense in conference-only games- and we also drew the 2 worst teams from the East.

When you break it down- its not all that impressive with a future pro bowl QB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post
    Yes we had a decent offense in 2015- except when we played LSU, A&M, Auburn, Bama, and OM (had 13 points thru 3 quarters when the game mattered- got 2 garbage TD's)...scoring 34, 62, 45, and 45 against a weak OOC inflated those numbers.

Also- Lewis was not even starting by the end of the season and had been replaced by Ross. While RoJo was a starter- he was 9th on our team in receptions.

We replaced 3 starters on the OL and lost JRob- and couldnt run the ball at all. Finished 12th in the SEC in rushing. That is what led us to being unable to even score 20 points in 4 of our 8 SEC games. We were 6th in Scoring offense in conference-only games- and we also drew the 2 worst teams from the East.

When you break it down- its not all that impressive with a future pro bowl QB
    Clausell, beckwith, and day >>>> senior, desper, and clayborn... I don't even think it's close.

You could certainly be right that we won't be able to run next season, but I don't see it. As of right now, I think we can put a combination of rankin, Jenkins, story, Calhoun, champion, Reese, Phillips, and Williams. Hopefully moon, Eiland, or Parker are ready

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Clausell, beckwith, and day >>>> senior, desper, and clayborn... I don't even think it's close.

You could certainly be right that we won't be able to run next season, but I don't see it. As of right now, I think we can put a combination of rankin, Jenkins, story, Calhoun, champion, Reese, Phillips, and Williams. Hopefully moon, Eiland, or Parker are ready
    I'm not saying we wont be able to run next year- we have to- got no choice. I'm saying Fitz as a passer wont be remotely close to what Dakota was in 2015. He is not going to have the growth nor the WR talent. We'll be decent on offense- but will struggle against good teams

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    I like ole Steve ... but I sho can see why they be callin him Rosebowl. He be dead on the OM investigation ... but he sho be rosie when speakin about the team and Dan. He got some dark tint on them thar maroon glasses most times than not.

Some of them thar cliff note type thangys:
    1) The cupboard ain't bare. There's talent on that thar team next year. (I's kinda sees it thataway a li'l too).

2) The Oline gots experience. 4 guys that done started befo, return next year. Might take a few games to get it together ... sorta like this year's team. Done taken about 6 games to get Rankin going this last year ... but now he a mid round (or bettah) draft pick.

3) For us to get back to New Year's Six bowl ... Fitz got to become a better thrower (passer). (Won't argee but ole Rosie was saying them receivers could catch balls better if ole Fitz had better touch and thangs like that. I ain't saying it ain't so but .. to me if the damn thang hits ya in the hands, ya better damn well be a catchin it. Lotta drops this year on passes that hit folks raht in the hands. Some of that m'ght be not working together enough in offseason tho .. not sho. Fitz do need to get better tho).

4) Lookin at what we lose vs. what we got coming back ... there gots to be lots of room for confidence. Y'all just be a waitin ... it's gonna be good.

5) Johnson is goin home. Not a big thang:
    a) Dan gotta replace him. This be Dan's team and whoever be comin in has to do it Dan's way. Has to do it Dan's way. HAS to do it Dan's way. (Tain't gonna argee wid dat ... I sees it thataway too). Him keepin sayin it so much tho sorta made me think somewhat if ole Dan and Brian tain't got a little crossways somehow. Don't know. Ole Johnson m'ghtta wanted to start AW instead o' Hollaway the whole year for all we knows.
    b) Dan calls the plays. Johnson was good at talkin to the players but he ain't in no way the reason for this offense being so potent (or im-potent or something like that).
    c) Don't y'all be a thinkin otherwise now ... Dan IS the QB whisperer. (Cain't argee that ... he good).
    c) If ya don't be a believin ole Rosie then and I quote "go look at the record book. Dan was putting up BIG numbers before Brian got here"

So I done been a scratching my head for a quite a spell heah when all these'uns folks done been sayin we been so awesome on offense befo' 2014. I just tain't been able to r'collect it that way ... no matter how hardt I tried. I done figured I must've done killed them brain cells that them r'collections was in, from back when I twere a dranking. So I done taken ole Rosie's advice and ... done gone and looked at that thar record book thang.

Heah is what I foundt out (total offense rank nationally and within conference; excluded 2009):
    2010 - 42nd and 11th (out of 12 teams).
    2011 - 84th and 9th (out of 12).
    2012 - 80th and 7th (out of 14).
    2013 - 42nd and 9th
    2014 - 8th and 2nd
    2015 - 31st and 2nd

2016 - 45th and 8th

Now I ain't in no way one of them thar rocket scientiests but ... it do seem like thar only be 2 years that I can sees anywheres near big numbers ... 2014 & 2015. Not unless I'm a readin someting wrong somehow, someway. I sorta expect 'tain't likely I am reading it wrong tho. If that be so then ... Whew doggie ... I guess them thar brain cells must still be a livin.

I cain't lie now ... I's been sweatin them brain cells thar for a little while now.

So now our very own Coach and ole Rosie be sayin that we gots talent (oh do we gots talent) and we's gonna be chasin ole Saban next year and year after (well, ole Rosie ain't quite sayin that yet ... I gots to be fair to ole Rosie). Ole Saban now ,,, he bettah be on the lookout ... theys be a new kid in town. Why hell, even our own RP34 be sayin now ... that we can win 10 games in '18. Now if he be sayin it be so ... it gots to be true (he do be comin in a little late to the partee' ... but he heah now. Coach was quicker on the draw.).

So Hallelujah! Saint Dan will have withstood the onslaught of one evil wannabe empire (OM) and will be knocking on the door of the REAL Empire (the Dark Lord). I cain't wait! I'm sho gonna be wantin to see the look on ole Saban's face when we sho up in TTown in '18. Sheit ... we might even move ole Nick's hot seat number from 128 to 127 and 3/4.

I'll be a watchin to see if it be so.

BTW ... Johnson came on board in 2014. Don't know if that really matters but ... kinda coincidental.
    Please make like an ole miss recruit host and choke on a dick.

Thanks!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post

Heah is what I foundt out (total offense rank nationally and within conference; excluded 2009):
    2010 - 42nd and 11th (out of 12 teams).
    2011 - 84th and 9th (out of 12).
    2012 - 80th and 7th (out of 14).
    2013 - 42nd and 9th
    2014 - 8th and 2nd
    2015 - 31st and 2nd

2016 - 45th and 8th
    BTW ... Johnson came on board in 2014. Don't know if that really matters but ... kinda coincidental.
    Agree, that was kinda tough to read.

Think you kinda forgot 'who' the QB was in '14 & '15. BJ wasn't on board when Dak turned the corner.

BJ 'inherited' Dak and get's a ton of credit for 'coaching' Dak .. maybe Dan & Dak should get more. We will see.
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

vCash
    It was a good post, but yeah... hard to read. Anyway, you also just highlighted Dak's years. Is Brian more responsible for that, or Dak?

vCash
    Johnson did a good job as QB coach- now he wants to be an OC.

Gonzo would have lost his mind if Mullen had named Johnson OC. Since Mullen runs it all anyway- he decided to stick with the Country Club member over Johnson.

Mullen needs to coach QB's anyway since he runs the offense- and hire a full-time ST coach. Let Sirmon run the D and stop micromanaging. If the D sux in 2017- fire Sirmon and hire someone else. Make Bonoil ST coach or hire a guy that specializes in it.