Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rosebowl (Boneyard), Brian Johnson, and Dan's gawdy offensive numbers.

vCash

Rosebowl (Boneyard), Brian Johnson, and Dan's gawdy offensive numbers.

I like ole Steve ... but I sho can see why they be callin him Rosebowl. He be dead on the OM investigation ... but he sho be rosie when speakin about the team and Dan. He got some dark tint on them thar maroon glasses most times than not.

Some of them thar cliff note type thangys:
    1) The cupboard ain't bare. There's talent on that thar team next year. (I's kinda sees it thataway a li'l too).

2) The Oline gots experience. 4 guys that done started befo, return next year. Might take a few games to get it together ... sorta like this year's team. Done taken about 6 games to get Rankin going this last year ... but now he a mid round (or bettah) draft pick.

3) For us to get back to New Year's Six bowl ... Fitz got to become a better thrower (passer). (Won't argee but ole Rosie was saying them receivers could catch balls better if ole Fitz had better touch and thangs like that. I ain't saying it ain't so but .. to me if the damn thang hits ya in the hands, ya better damn well be a catchin it. Lotta drops this year on passes that hit folks raht in the hands. Some of that m'ght be not working together enough in offseason tho .. not sho. Fitz do need to get better tho).

4) Lookin at what we lose vs. what we got coming back ... there gots to be lots of room for confidence. Y'all just be a waitin ... it's gonna be good.

5) Johnson is goin home. Not a big thang:
    a) Dan gotta replace him. This be Dan's team and whoever be comin in has to do it Dan's way. Has to do it Dan's way. HAS to do it Dan's way. (Tain't gonna argee wid dat ... I sees it thataway too). Him keepin sayin it so much tho sorta made me think somewhat if ole Dan and Brian tain't got a little crossways somehow. Don't know. Ole Johnson m'ghtta wanted to start AW instead o' Hollaway the whole year for all we knows.
    b) Dan calls the plays. Johnson was good at talkin to the players but he ain't in no way the reason for this offense being so potent (or im-potent or something like that).
    c) Don't y'all be a thinkin otherwise now ... Dan IS the QB whisperer. (Cain't argee that ... he good).
    c) If ya don't be a believin ole Rosie then and I quote "go look at the record book. Dan was putting up BIG numbers before Brian got here"

So I done been a scratching my head for a quite a spell heah when all these'uns folks done been sayin we been so awesome on offense befo' 2014. I just tain't been able to r'collect it that way ... no matter how hardt I tried. I done figured I must've done killed them brain cells that them r'collections was in, from back when I twere a dranking. So I done taken ole Rosie's advice and ... done gone and looked at that thar record book thang.

Heah is what I foundt out (total offense rank nationally and within conference; excluded 2009):
    2010 - 42nd and 11th (out of 12 teams).
    2011 - 84th and 9th (out of 12).
    2012 - 80th and 7th (out of 14).
    2013 - 42nd and 9th
    2014 - 8th and 2nd
    2015 - 31st and 2nd

2016 - 45th and 8th

Now I ain't in no way one of them thar rocket scientiests but ... it do seem like thar only be 2 years that I can sees anywheres near big numbers ... 2014 & 2015. Not unless I'm a readin someting wrong somehow, someway. I sorta expect 'tain't likely I am reading it wrong tho. If that be so then ... Whew doggie ... I guess them thar brain cells must still be a livin.

I cain't lie now ... I's been sweatin them brain cells thar for a little while now.

So now our very own Coach and ole Rosie be sayin that we gots talent (oh do we gots talent) and we's gonna be chasin ole Saban next year and year after (well, ole Rosie ain't quite sayin that yet ... I gots to be fair to ole Rosie). Ole Saban now ,,, he bettah be on the lookout ... theys be a new kid in town. Why hell, even our own RP34 be sayin now ... that we can win 10 games in '18. Now if he be sayin it be so ... it gots to be true (he do be comin in a little late to the partee' ... but he heah now. Coach was quicker on the draw.).

So Hallelujah! Saint Dan will have withstood the onslaught of one evil wannabe empire (OM) and will be knocking on the door of the REAL Empire (the Dark Lord). I cain't wait! I'm sho gonna be wantin to see the look on ole Saban's face when we sho up in TTown in '18. Sheit ... we might even move ole Nick's hot seat number from 128 to 127 and 3/4.

I'll be a watchin to see if it be so.

BTW ... Johnson came on board in 2014. Don't know if that really matters but ... kinda coincidental.
    Last edited by dawgday166; 12-30-2016 at 01:35 AM.

vCash
    damn Foghorn Leghorn- please dont ever do that again.

Rosey is too optimistic. We are a 6-6 team in 2017 as long as we can pull an upset. But have a chance to be good in 2018

vCash
    Some of that may have been informative, I wouldn't know because I didn't make it past the first paragraph.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    I agree, never again

vCash
    I thought I was reading an LSU board for a minute there. That was some bayou shit there.

vCash
    Jar Jar? I thought they killed you in Revenge of the Sith?!?
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    First down vote on reputation I've ever given.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    I like ole Steve ... but I sho can see why they be callin him Rosebowl. He be dead on the OM investigation ... but he sho be rosie when speakin about the team and Dan. He got some dark tint on them thar maroon glasses most times than not.

1) The cupboard ain't bare. There's talent on that thar team next year. (I's kinda sees it thataway a li'l too).

2) The Oline gots experience. 4 guys that done started befo, return next year. Might take a few games to get it together ... sorta like this year's team. Done taken about 6 games to get Rankin going this last year ... but now he a mid round (or bettah) draft pick.

3) For us to get back to New Year's Six bowl ... Fitz got to become a better thrower (passer). (Won't argee but ole Rosie was saying them receivers could catch balls better if ole Fitz had better touch and thangs like that. I ain't saying it ain't so but .. to me if the damn thang hits ya in the hands, ya better damn well be a catchin it. Lotta drops this year on passes that hit folks raht in the hands. Some of that m'ght be not working together enough in offseason tho .. not sho. Fitz do need to get better tho).

4) Lookin at what we lose vs. what we got coming back ... there gots to be lots of room for confidence. Y'all just be a waitin ... it's gonna be good.

a) Dan gotta replace him. This be Dan's team and whoever be comin in has to do it Dan's way. Has to do it Dan's way. HAS to do it Dan's way. (Tain't gonna argee wid dat ... I sees it thataway too). Him keepin sayin it so much tho sorta made me think somewhat if ole Dan and Brian tain't got a little crossways somehow. Don't know. Ole Johnson m'ghtta wanted to start AW instead o' Hollaway the whole year for all we knows.
    b) Dan calls the plays. Johnson was good at talkin to the players but he ain't in no way the reason for this offense being so potent (or im-potent or something like that).
    c) Don't y'all be a thinkin otherwise now ... Dan IS the QB whisperer. (Cain't argee that ... he good).
    c) If ya don't be a believin ole Rosie then and I quote "go look at the record book. Dan was putting up BIG numbers before Brian got here"

So I done been a scratching my head for a quite a spell heah when all these'uns folks done been sayin we been so awesome on offense befo' 2014. I just tain't been able to r'collect it that way ... no matter how hardt I tried. I done figured I must've done killed them brain cells that them r'collections was in, from back when I twere a dranking. So I done taken ole Rosie's advice and ... done gone and looked at that thar record book thang.

Heah is what I foundt out (total offense rank nationally and within conference; excluded 2009):
    2013 - 42nd and 9th
    2014 - 8th and 2nd
    2015 - 31st and 2nd

2016 - 45th and 8th

Now I ain't in no way one of them thar rocket scientiests but ... it do seem like thar only be 2 years that I can sees anywheres near big numbers ... 2014 & 2015. Not unless I'm a readin someting wrong somehow, someway. I sorta expect 'tain't likely I am reading it wrong tho. If that be so then ... Whew doggie ... I guess them thar brain cells must still be a livin.

I cain't lie now ... I's been sweatin them brain cells thar for a little while now.

So now our very own Coach and ole Rosie be sayin that we gots talent (oh do we gots talent) and we's gonna be chasin ole Saban next year and year after (well, ole Rosie ain't quite sayin that yet ... I gots to be fair to ole Rosie). Ole Saban now ,,, he bettah be on the lookout ... theys be a new kid in town. Why hell, even our own RP34 be sayin now ... that we can win 10 games in '18. Now if he be sayin it be so ... it gots to be true (he do be comin in a little late to the partee' ... but he heah now. Coach was quicker on the draw.).

So Hallelujah! Saint Dan will have withstood the onslaught of one evil wannabe empire (OM) and will be knocking on the door of the REAL Empire (the Dark Lord). I cain't wait! I'm sho gonna be wantin to see the look on ole Saban's face when we sho up in TTown in '18. Sheit ... we might even move ole Nick's hot seat number from 128 to 127 and 3/4.

BTW ... Johnson came on board in 2014. Don't know if that really matters but ... kinda coincidental.
    Read the first sentence and stopped.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post

2013 - 42nd and 9th
    2014 - 8th and 2nd
    2015 - 31st and 2nd

2016 - 45th and 8th

That was kinda hard to decipher for a rocket scientist ... I'll have to check back later today after I wake up ....

Banned
    vCash
    Couldn't read it. Stupid. And you do realize the 2 best years you highlighted were Dak's, don't you?!

vCash

vCash
    I don't post much but that was some shit.

vCash
    took a LOT of work to make it that unreadable. Congrats?

vCash
    From what I could decipher from all that, I didn't see any discussion about the D. Did ole Rosie not discuss that side of the ball? Because we ain't doing Jack shit unless that improves.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky Dog View Post
    Couldn't read it. Stupid. And you do realize the 2 best years you highlighted were Dak's, don't you?!
    More specifically, dak's junior and senior years... I'm not ready to say fitz will be just as good as dak, but i do think there will be a significant improvement in his play the next 2 seasons. I know, I know... 3 olinemen and our best wr. In '14, we lost 3 olinemen (day, clausell, and beckwith), NFL te (Johnson), 2 starting wr's (Johnson and Lewis), and jrob. Despite those losses, we still finished 2nd in the sec in total offense bc of a really good qb... I expect us to have really good qb play the next 2 seasons and our offensive losses this year aren't close to the offensive losses of '14 imo

vCash
    Do me a favor. Translate this from whatever this is to actual English. Thanks.

Archimedes
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    More specifically, dak's junior and senior years... I'm not ready to say fitz will be just as good as dak, but i do think there will be a significant improvement in his play the next 2 seasons. I know, I know... 3 olinemen and our best wr. In '14, we lost 3 olinemen (day, clausell, and beckwith), NFL te (Johnson), 2 starting wr's (Johnson and Lewis), and jrob. Despite those losses, we still finished 2nd in the sec in total offense bc of a really good qb... I expect us to have really good qb play the next 2 seasons and our offensive losses this year aren't close to the offensive losses of '14 imo
    Damn man you aren't suppose to be throwing out facts like that to go against what some are saying.

Senior Member Perpetual Underachiever's Avatar
    vCash
    After the first few sentences I was thinking,"shirley this is about to stop?"... Glanced to the last paragraph, and NOPE. Its a bit frightening to know someone invested that much time to write such a gigantic POS.

vCash
    That just set me back 4 years of college

I am having trouble translating from "red neck" to english

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    That was kinda hard to decipher for a rocket scientist ... I'll have to check back later today after I wake up ....
    It's "Rocket Surgeon"...seriously?!?!