Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Hugh Freeze compares NCAA investigation to Jesus being crucified

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    I guess you find that funny, because you worship your dark lord. I will give a prayer for your soul.
    Please throw in an extree word for my weed crop's success and the health of my best dog that got a broke leg whilst under the trailerhouse when the last tornado came through. Thanks!
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    No it it is not funny, God on earth went to die a horrible death for your and my sins and the sins of every human being past, present and future. When Jesus prayed to God Almighty "take this cup from me" he was talking about the sins of all humanity. We're talking about Hitler, Mao Se Tung, Tito, the emperor of Japan, Gacy, Manson, Oswalt and every horrible person in our history. He died for all the sins, so that you and I could be forgiven. So no that Crucifixion is not funny at all!
    So, provided any of those cats you mentioned above received Christ & were baptized, they are in Heaven now, despite their atrocities, correct?

No.

vCash
    I'm in no position to pass judgment especially on someone's faith but this is getting ridiculous. If you happen to come across some of their message boards then your mind will be blown. It has all the makings of might as well say a cult. Everybody outside Oxford is their enemy and they will stand tall they say. I mean really. This is way beyond the realm of just football here.

vCash
    It's pure delusional on their part. Blows my mind some of the posts I came across on their boards. It's way past the point of just football here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    This is how Ole Miss works. They want a guy that appears to be squeaky clean while they are doing everything shady under the sun. That's why they want a guy like Tony Dungy because then they could say "We aren't cheating. Dungy is a Christian guy who would never allow that plus they want to play for a NFL coach in a nice quaint town with hipster bars and jam bands."

Since they couldn't land Dungy Freeze's shtick is the best they can do under the circumstances.
    Exactly. It's how they have always worked. They want you to watch the right hand while the left hand slips your wallet out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    So, provided any of those cats you mentioned above received Christ & were baptized, they are in Heaven now, despite their atrocities, correct?
    Correct. That is the premise of the gospel/new testament. Anyone from Saban to Stalin can be saved and live eternally with God. The scriptures basically say that:
    1. All people have sinned and therefore are subject to hell/eternal separation from God.
    2. God loves all people since He created them and gave his son Jesus as a living sacrifice to bear the sins of all mankind.
    3. To spend eternity with God, a person must fully believe in Jesus and give their life over to him though confession (of sins), repentance, and obedience to the gospel which includes baptism and living the rest of their lives (whether that life lasts 1 day or 100 years) as a servant of God. **Feel free to DM me for any specific verses**

For example, a thief crucified next to Jesus professed his faith in Jesus as they were both hours from death. Jesus immediately told the thief that he would be in Paradise with Him. So yes, according to Scripture, Hitler et al. COULD be saved if they chose to recognize their atrocities as sins, and asked Jesus whom they recognize as the God's son and the Savior for forgiveness and grace. Of course Hitler most likely killed himself while in a pit so it's unlikely he had a change of heart. Likewise, I doubt every deathbed confession is genuine, but I am not the Judge.

Disclaimer: Not looking for a religious/theological debate on this forum, just trying to give TUSK a complete answer.

vCash
    Can we all just agree that Hugh is using people's real religious convictions like a con man to bring himself success on signing day and the football field?

I just hope he gets to minister to a bunch of walkons instead of 5 stars for the next couple of years. Hey Hugh, Walkons need salvation too.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    Seems like I heard something about that onct before.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    Can we all just agree that Hugh is using people's real religious convictions like a con man to bring himself success on signing day and the football field?
    He absolutely is. I think he has somehow rationalized everything in his head to the point where he cannot separate football and faith from each other.

vCash

How Hugh Freeze reads the Bible

Matthew 4:18-19 And Coach Freeze, walking by the football field of South Carolina, saw two brethren, Robert called Kimchee, and Denzel his brother, casting a net into the Grove: for they were fishing for cash. And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you the worst draft pick ever.

vCash
    1 Corinthians 11:1 Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Archie (because we all know who is really behind this whole thing. And actually, don't really do what I do either because that would make you a lying, cheating crook. But if you do make sure to say mistakes were made.)

vCash
    And lo, though I walk through the valley of Rosebowl, I will fear no ncaa investigator. My side girl and whiskey they comfort me. My lies are spread out before my enemies. My hypocrisy runneth over. Surely, a showcause will follow all the days of my life.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    I'm sad you don't have a sense of humor, and even sadder you're not a Monty Python fan.

Btw, the Romans were crucifying people long before Christ. Christianity doesn't own the word "crucifixion".
    Love me some Monty python BeardoMSU but because of THE Crucifixion, we DO own it BECAUSE of the WORD.

GOD Bless and Hail State!

vCash
    Sounds like the same thing really. Never thought Jesus caused all his problems and was only looking out for his reputation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg34 View Post
    And lo, though I walk through the valley of Rosebowl, I will fear no ncaa investigator. My side girl and whiskey they comfort me. My lies are spread out before my enemies. My hypocrisy runneth over. Surely, a showcause will follow all the days of my life.
    I need to spread some repuatation but that was awesome.

Banned
    vCash
    I think the Beaver suffers some mental issues. 1st Richie Brown now this. No telling how much of this has happened in between. We're talking football Hugh. You cheated. Get over yourself.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg34 View Post
    Agreed Todd. That is awesome. Good job Vegas.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaver View Post
    Correct. That is the premise of the gospel/new testament. Anyone from Saban to Stalin can be saved and live eternally with God. The scriptures basically say that:
    1. All people have sinned and therefore are subject to hell/eternal separation from God.
    2. God loves all people since He created them and gave his son Jesus as a living sacrifice to bear the sins of all mankind.
    3. To spend eternity with God, a person must fully believe in Jesus and give their life over to him though confession (of sins), repentance, and obedience to the gospel which includes baptism and living the rest of their lives (whether that life lasts 1 day or 100 years) as a servant of God. **Feel free to DM me for any specific verses**

For example, a thief crucified next to Jesus professed his faith in Jesus as they were both hours from death. Jesus immediately told the thief that he would be in Paradise with Him. So yes, according to Scripture, Hitler et al. COULD be saved if they chose to recognize their atrocities as sins, and asked Jesus whom they recognize as the God's son and the Savior for forgiveness and grace. Of course Hitler most likely killed himself while in a pit so it's unlikely he had a change of heart. Likewise, I doubt every deathbed confession is genuine, but I am not the Judge.

Disclaimer: Not looking for a religious/theological debate on this forum, just trying to give TUSK a complete answer.
    Thanks. That's the same as I was taught some 30+ yrs ago.

No.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaver View Post

Thank you. +1

vCash
    I absolutely hate seeing threads like this! Because the "theologians" come busting out of the scenes with their "judge not" poor exegesis of the texts, or you'll get people who want to use it as an opportunity to bash Christianity. So I'm going to use my post to biblically point some things out.

1.) Don't judge? That's the dumbest and most overly secularized & poorly exegesis I've ever heard. Let me clarify.

If you think the Bible says "don't judge anyone" & your church is telling you that....get out....NOW! That's not biblical at all! Don't believe me? Read 1 Corinthians 5. Then Galatians 2. The Bible was written primarily in 2 languages Hebrew (O.T) (with some sprinkles of Aramaic) & Koine Greek (N.T). The Koine Greek word "judge" is the root word for something you do (whether saved or not) EVERY DAY! Don't believe me? If you are a father do you let your kids run out in the street with crack dealers? Prostitutes? Murderers? Rapists? Well if you are ANY parent at all you wouldn't....but then you'd be guilty of the very idea of "not judging" the world has garnered. The truth is you DO "judge", but it's okay in that context because that Greek word "krino" (judge) is in the word "apo-krino" which is where we get stewardship from. Those passages I mentioned is Paul blasting the church in Corinth about having the same secularized idea of "not judging" a man IN THE CHURCH for sleeping with his father's wife (the son's step mom...and yes that's really gross). Paul blasts the church for NOT JUDGING this man but then says "is it NOT OUR JOB TO JUDGE THOSE IN THE CHURCH?" Those outside the church (the lost) we aren't to "judge" those.....BUT there's another word for judge and it ONLY fits One Person. This word only is in the context of Christ. But His Gospel IS OFFENSIVE.

As Romans 3:23 says "for ALL HAVE SINNED.." That's every person who can read this. And since every one has, there in lies stored up wrath from God for EVERY PERSON...every male, female, young & old.

But in the garden of Gethsemene Jesus talked about a "cup". I'm the O.T the cup is a reference to God's Wrath. In Gethsemene, Jesus DRANK that "cup" DRY for those who CHOOSE to follow Him. What is that? They give up their life to Him, they submit to His Authority! No longer living for themselves but for Him Who drank the Cup & died for them.

Also in Galatians 2 Paul blasts Peter for being a racist and having partiality towards the Jews instead of treating the Gentiles the same.

Now what about Salvation? To be "saved" I assure you if you are your life WILL BEAR THE FRUIT OF ONE WHO IS SAVED! I'm not perfect, but I know that Scripture teaches and shows me God is PERFECTING what He started. My mouth, my actions, & my thoughts are changing daily. Why...because whether you like it out not dear brothers YOU ARE EVIL...just like I am! You are a God hating and evil man just like me with out His restraining influence in my life if you were to project my thoughts & intentions on the Jumbotron it would make me run for the hills. If I did the same of you, you would bar yourself in a basement hoping to never come out.

Someone mentioned Hitler, do you know you have the potential to be Hitler or dare I say WORSE? Some of you right now are pounding your chest saying "not me....no way" you dear brother are under a deception by your flesh. Because the greatest deception is not the one the devil pulls on his own, no it's the one your flesh & heart help fool & trick you in. I had before my unconverted state, the potential to be just like Hitler or Bin Laden and you do too. If it were not for the restraining influence of God's a Holy Spirit right now whether you are saved or not, you could make them look like (as Paul Washer said) a "choir boy".

It angers me about Freeze, and I (if I ever get the chance) plan on checking his "chin" like Paul did Peter. But I tell you this dear brothers in the faith, read less posts & more Bible. If you are a tree connected to Jesus as your roots, draw your "food" & "nutrition" from the "Stream" (Psalms 1) and not from the trash bin. Peace & blessings to you...to the scoffer & the righteous man and all in between. May God show you His Face in this post.
    Last edited by Coach 57; 12-29-2016 at 03:41 PM.