Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hugh Freeze compares NCAA investigation to Jesus being crucified

Geezer
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    They could have written this article years ago if Richie Brown wanted to tell his recruiting story. It's why so many of us find his act so despicable.
    Yep, Mr. Brown told me he had never heard anything or anybody as out there as Freeze. Tried to play the guilt game on them for not going to the promised land in Oxford. Hypocrite like none other.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubb Rubb View Post
    If the apple called me a flawed, imperfect human being, that would not be unfair judgement. I am not interested in theological debates with anyone. I'm not perfect and I understand the need to examine the log in my own eye before criticizing the speck in someone else's. But you are casting too broad of a net in your critical (dare I say, judgemental) responses. We can analyze Freeze's specific actions along with his specific words to come to a a specific, factual conclusion that doesn't elevate to the level of false judgement. You should direct your ire more appropriately at the man who is destroying your witness by using Jesus and the Bible to justify his questionable (at best) behavior as a football coach.
    I don't judge you, obviously neither your or I are perfect. What I am trying to point out is condemn his actions and words, refute these.
    Let The Good Lord deal with man.

vCash
    He almost is a cult leader. Hope he doesn't go Jonestown when the NCAA hammer falls.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Christians aren't supposed to judge, so let me. If there is a hell, Freeze will be there. What a complete sociopath.

vCash
    The 30 for 30 is becoming a mini series right before our eyes...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg34 View Post
    He almost is a cult leader. Hope he doesn't go Jonestown when the NCAA hammer falls.
    ALMOST?!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    More like an epic trilogy with an extended edition 4 hour finale.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    No it it is not funny, God on earth went to die a horrible death for your and my sins and the sins of every human being past, present and future. When Jesus prayed to God Almighty "take this cup from me" he was talking about the sins of all humanity. We're talking about Hitler, Mao Se Tung, Tito, the emperor of Japan, Gacy, Manson, Oswalt and every horrible person in our history. He died for all the sins, so that you and I could be forgiven. So no that Crucifixion is not funny at all!
    I'm sad you don't have a sense of humor, and even sadder you're not a Monty Python fan.

Btw, the Romans were crucifying people long before Christ. Christianity doesn't own the word "crucifixion".

vCash
    Har!

vCash
    "If there is a hell, Freeze will be there"...oxymoron

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    The Game of Thrones for ESPN.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    Sorry to keep linking stories, but this can't go without being mentioned:

Q: We?ve heard a lot about negative recruiting at Ole Miss with the NCAA thing going on, what has Ole Miss said to you about that?

?Well, Coach Freeze told me when you?re that big and out there with faith in Christ, he?s like, ?What do you expect? Jesus got nailed to the cross.? So, he was just telling me sometimes things like that happen, but that?s never going to change how he?s going to treat his players and take care of them. Even if ? I don?t know if he really did make the mistake, doing what he did or not ? but I can just tell he?s a good person, great person. I know they?re looking at maybe a bowl suspension [for 2017]. I don?t know what they?re gonna do. But I don?t think that?ll affect anything as far as how he treats his players and stuff like that.?

Calloway was asked about how the investigation affects his decision.

?That?s one thing I thought about because I?m like, maybe NFL coaches may look at that and be like, ?I don?t really wanna mess with them right now.? That?s something I have thought about, but at the end of the day, that?s life. People are gonna be faced with adversity at times. It?s just [about] how you respond to it.?

article: http://www.sbnation.com/college-foot...sus?yptr=yahoo
    As a Christian that totally disgusts me. It's revolting.

vCash
    I will not knock Freeze for being a man of faith. We are all brothers and sisters in Christ. And one of God's commands to us Christian's on earth is to share the good news to others. It's certainly not to put your faith on display for all to see so you can use it as a recruiting tool for football.

I'm am also totally appalled, as others have said, by Freeze using Christianity to recruit and as an excuse as to why they are being "persecuted" by the NCAA like Jesus was persecuted for being the Messiah. Makes me sick to my stomach

vCash
    Trey Wingo's tweet on it is pretty good.

https://twitter.com/wingoz/status/814244033560281090
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Hey hugh

The NCAA is probing your program bc you're a cheating cheater who cheated you sanctimonious prick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    I will not knock Freeze for being a man of faith. We are all brothers and sisters in Christ. And one of God's commands to us Christian's on earth is to share the good news to others. It's certainly not to put your faith on display for all to see so you can use it as a recruiting tool for football.

I'm am also totally appalled, as others have said, by Freeze using Christianity to recruit and as an excuse as to why they are being "persecuted" by the NCAA like Jesus was persecuted for being the Messiah. Makes me sick to my stomach
    You summed up my thoughts and said it better than I could.

I'm blown away that he tells recruits this. He should witness all he wants (kind of like Dabo does), but tying an NCAA investigation to Jesus on the cross is mind boggling.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    Sorry to keep linking stories, but this can't go without being mentioned:

Q: We?ve heard a lot about negative recruiting at Ole Miss with the NCAA thing going on, what has Ole Miss said to you about that?

?Well, Coach Freeze told me when you?re that big and out there with faith in Christ, he?s like, ?What do you expect? Jesus got nailed to the cross.? So, he was just telling me sometimes things like that happen, but that?s never going to change how he?s going to treat his players and take care of them. Even if ? I don?t know if he really did make the mistake, doing what he did or not ? but I can just tell he?s a good person, great person. I know they?re looking at maybe a bowl suspension [for 2017]. I don?t know what they?re gonna do. But I don?t think that?ll affect anything as far as how he treats his players and stuff like that.?

Calloway was asked about how the investigation affects his decision.

?That?s one thing I thought about because I?m like, maybe NFL coaches may look at that and be like, ?I don?t really wanna mess with them right now.? That?s something I have thought about, but at the end of the day, that?s life. People are gonna be faced with adversity at times. It?s just [about] how you respond to it.?

article: http://www.sbnation.com/college-foot...sus?yptr=yahoo

Yeah, this is way different than a sinless man who died for the atonement of man's sin. Freeze cheated. To compare that situation is sickening. That should be the straw that causes Ole Miss to fire him. The NCAA isn't there because of his faith or him talking about his faith. They are there because HE CHEATED.
    Whistleblower exposes: (FISA), Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts, 156 other judges, members of Congress, and Donald J. Trump were targeted by the HAMMER.

vCash
    ****But, but, they were mistakes (not cheating). It's tough when you believe your own propaganda. Even worse to spread it to other impressionable, young scholar/athletes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    I didn't know Jesus was thumping dumplings with a hairdresser.
    And a high school cheerleader before that. God knows what else.

Hmmm, which brings up another point: what does God know about Hugh? You'd think Hugh would be scared if he were a true Christian, knowing that God knows all!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    I'm sad you don't have a sense of humor, and even sadder you're not a Monty Python fan.

Btw, the Romans were crucifying people long before Christ. Christianity doesn't own the word "crucifixion".
    E iza killa. Run away! Run away!
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17