Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hugh Freeze compares NCAA investigation to Jesus being crucified

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    The thing is Jesus could have at any time removed him self from the cross. He did not. Out of love for us he stayed there and atoned for our sins. Why in the world would Freeze in any shape or form elude himself to that sacrifice Jesus made for the world? I use to joke about him being like David Koresh but now it's no joke. He is truly starting to believe that he is some type of Messiah. I peaty him. He is way out there and judgement day is coming twice for him. Once when the NCAA drops the hammer and again on gods judgment day.

Every christian should be offended by this guy.
    Absolutely. Well said Jack

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy dawg View Post
    As I thought, fear. The book of the Lord is quite clear how it should be handled.

Ephesians 5:11 Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them.
    2 Corinthians 10:5 We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ
    Psalm 94:16 Who will rise up for me against the wicked? Who will take a stand for me against evildoers?
    Titus 1:9 He must be devoted to the trustworthy message we teach. Then he can use these accurate teachings to encourage people and correct those who oppose the word.

There are many other examples, but these were the easy ones.
    So saith Our Lord God Almighty, but let us speak against his word and not against him! There are false prophets, let's refute their word and let Our Heavnely Father deal with the prophets.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    Judge not, it will come back!
    Big difference between judging and inspecting fruit. If you look at a healthy apple and call it a rotten apple, you're judging unjustly. If you're looking at a rotten apple and call it a rotten apple, you aren't judging.

vCash
    I really thought Hugh was probably a good Christian guy. I really mean that. I'm convinced now he's just a Jimmy Swaggert sham. I know we all joke about it but this confirms it in my mind.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    It was a joke. No offense intended.
    "offensive" or not, that shit was funny, dammit.
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubb Rubb View Post
    Big difference between judging and inspecting fruit. If you look at a healthy apple and call it a rotten apple, you're judging unjustly. If you're looking at a rotten apple and call it a rotten apple, you aren't judging.
    But the full verse says "Judge not, unless Ye shall be judged and the judgement ye give on earth shall be given to you in Heaven"
    So if the apple looked at you, would he judge you clean? We all need to examine before we cast a stone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    No shit. Who said a 'crucifixion' can't be funny?**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post

gotta push the envelope, don'tcha...?
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash

Well, it's probably borderline but I don't want to remove all doubt that I'm a heathen .. ya know ****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    The thing is Jesus could have at any time removed him self from the cross. He did not. Out of love for us he stayed there and atoned for our sins. Why in the world would Freeze in any shape or form elude himself to that sacrifice Jesus made for the world? I use to joke about him being like David Koresh but now it's no joke. He is truly starting to believe that he is some type of Messiah. I peaty him. He is way out there and judgement day is coming twice for him. Once when the NCAA drops the hammer and again on gods judgment day.

Every christian should be offended by this guy.
    I am offended by him and well said.

vCash
    This is how Ole Miss works. They want a guy that appears to be squeaky clean while they are doing everything shady under the sun. That's why they want a guy like Tony Dungy because then they could say "We aren't cheating. Dungy is a Christian guy who would never allow that plus they want to play for a NFL coach in a nice quaint town with hipster bars and jam bands."

Since they couldn't land Dungy Freeze's shtick is the best they can do under the circumstances.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    But the full verse says "Judge not, unless Ye shall be judged and the judgement ye give on earth shall be given to you in Heaven"
    So if the apple looked at you, would he judge you clean? We all need to examine before we cast a stone.
    God will ultimately judge him. Until then I know blasphemy when I see it. And yes I am sinner too and that's why I don't go out of my way to rail against Freeze. I have faith that God will handle it and that does indeed appear to be the case using my intuition about how I see this going down.

vCash
    This is exactly why they hired Freeze.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    This is how Ole Miss works. They want a guy that appears to be squeaky clean while they are doing everything shady under the sun. That's why they want a guy like Tony Dungy because then they could say "We aren't cheating. Dungy is a Christian guy who would never allow that plus they want to play for a NFL coach in a nice quaint town with hipster bars and jam bands."

Since they couldn't land Dungy Freeze's shtick is the best they can do under the circumstances.

vCash
    I'm sure the NCAA loves it that Freeze is running around telling recruits that they are persecuting OM because they are such devout Christians.....

vCash

No it it is not funny, God on earth went to die a horrible death for your and my sins and the sins of every human being past, present and future. When Jesus prayed to God Almighty "take this cup from me" he was talking about the sins of all humanity. We're talking about Hitler, Mao Se Tung, Tito, the emperor of Japan, Gacy, Manson, Oswalt and every horrible person in our history. He died for all the sins, so that you and I could be forgiven. So no that Crucifixion is not funny at all!

vCash
    If the apple called me a flawed, imperfect human being, that would not be unfair judgement. I am not interested in theological debates with anyone. I'm not perfect and I understand the need to examine the log in my own eye before criticizing the speck in someone else's. But you are casting too broad of a net in your critical (dare I say, judgemental) responses. We can analyze Freeze's specific actions along with his specific words to come to a a specific, factual conclusion that doesn't elevate to the level of false judgement. You should direct your ire more appropriately at the man who is destroying your witness by using Jesus and the Bible to justify his questionable (at best) behavior as a football coach.

Senior Member Lumpy Chucklelips's Avatar
    vCash
    I'm a christian. Certainly could be a better one, but I believe in Jesus and that he died for my sins. I believe if I ask him for forgiveness and am truly sorry for my sins that he will absolve them and invite me into his paradise.

But when it comes to football, by dang, I want to focus on football. I hope Mullen is saved and is a christian. And I hope when he is dealing with his players that he talks about his faith when necessary. But when I turn on my TV or go to Starkville for a football game, I want to see Mullen the football coach, not Mullen the christian. And I don't think God will hold that against me.

I am so thankful that when I look at Mullen I see a football coach first and foremost.

vCash
    I guess you find that funny, because you worship your dark lord. I will give a prayer for your soul.

vCash
    I didn't know Jesus was thumping dumplings with a hairdresser.

vCash
    Hey, I've been hearing the "big guy" loves them best since I watched Artie Cosby's straight down the middle field goal attempt get blown back in Jackson that windy day. I honestly don't think the team with the most Christians on the field or in the stands wins. Really don't think God takes sides in sports. JMO, I do woryy the 'beav is closer to a publican than a republican.****
    Last edited by Goldendawg; 12-28-2016 at 06:49 PM.