Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017

vCash

A W is a W. It wasnt pretty but it beats the hell out of an L. If everybody on our team played has hard as Fitz does we wouldnt be 6-7. Extremely disappointed that Mullen didnt let Williams run the ball more today. Really odd. Really odd to put in 11 and let him throw it on 4th and 4 too.

Looking at 2017 I see potential to win 8-9 games maybe 10 with a bowl, OR I could see us going 6-6 and making another St Pete style bowl.

The difference will be on defense and our OL. We should be better on D cant be any worse. We have to have these JUCO guys ready to go. They cant wait till game 8 or 9 to be ready.

Fitz is the real deal talent wise. If he has the offseason we need out of him he will be the best offensive player in the SEC next year.

vCash
    Peter Sirmon's D may keep us from winning 6. He has got to go. Our defense is an embarrassment. Our O sucked today too, but the D sucked bad all year. Soft soft defense. I hate it.

We have no shot at 8 or more wins without MAJOR improvement on D. I don't think Sirmon can get it done
    Last edited by CadaverDawg; 12-26-2016 at 03:25 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Peter Sirmon's D may keep us from winning 6. He has got to go. Our defense is an embarrassment. Our O sucked today too, but the D sucked bad all year. Soft soft defense. I hate it.

We have no shot at 8 or more wins without MAJOR improvement on D. I don't think Sirmon can get it done
    Got to have better corners in order to play better defense. Not good enough to play press defense, have to zone.

vCash
    Sirmon, "rush three and drop eight into a soft zone". Never catch on that the TE is an eligible receiver and we might want to defend a pass across the middle. P.S., maybe there is a reason his family doesn't move to Starkville.

vCash
    Need a new locker room culture to win more than 6 next year. This program is soft, soft, soft. At very least, hopefully the JUCO guys will come in and create some intense competition and that makes everyone better.

We don't have a ton of 5 stars, but we are going to have 17 or 18 4 stars on defense next year. No excuses for not being significantly better
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    5 more wins and another thanks for the great apr shitburger bowl.

vCash
    Better hope the JC players get a real chance to see the field over less talented players rewarded for being in the system ahead of them. I hope we see the best players on the field at all times.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GTHOM View Post
    A W is a W. It wasnt pretty but it beats the hell out of an L. If everybody on our team played has hard as Fitz does we wouldnt be 6-7. Extremely disappointed that Mullen didnt let Williams run the ball more today. Really odd. Really odd to put in 11 and let him throw it on 4th and 4 too.

Looking at 2017 I see potential to win 8-9 games maybe 10 with a bowl, OR I could see us going 6-6 and making another St Pete style bowl.

The difference will be on defense and our OL. We should be better on D cant be any worse. We have to have these JUCO guys ready to go. They cant wait till game 8 or 9 to be ready.

Fitz is the real deal talent wise. If he has the offseason we need out of him he will be the best offensive player in the SEC next year.

Players have got to learn the system and assignments. It's never a good thing to hear a coach is having to simplify the defense....aka dumb it down, because players are not catching on.

I'm willing to give it another year because of what that defense offers.
    Whistleblower exposes: (FISA), Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts, 156 other judges, members of Congress, and Donald J. Trump were targeted by the HAMMER.

vCash
    I have never coached a game in my life, but have been a devout State season ticket holder since the mid '70's. What are the advantages of the 3 - 4 over a 4 -3 in today's world of spread offenses in college ball?

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    I hope the jucos come in and shake shit up, piss our current players off. That's what should happen. These soft ****ers in our program right now should be mad that these jucos are coming in. Because it's a loud statement that we don't believe that the guys going home on the plane today can get it done. Well to you returning players prove you can. Toughen up buttercups.

vCash
    Read the recent interview with Bryant on 24/7. Full of himself, brags about his improvement on the field and in leadership abilities this year. Speaks of the talent of the guys already on the team behind him and how he hopes the JUCO guys can add depth. We need a real open competition for almost all positions in 2017 no matter what your seniority.

vCash
    They punted what, once? All I need to know. Fire Sirmon 6 months ago. Should've never been hired

vCash
    Sure is great seeing our players celebrate and enjoying themselves as some of y'all must be miserable.

Happy New Year!

P.S. Winning is good especially bowl games as they can be hard to judge. Let's see how the other SEC teams fair.

vCash
    We went 6 -7 and looked bad doing it in all but 2 wins. Reality.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    I have never coached a game in my life, but have been a devout State season ticket holder since the mid '70's. What are the advantages of the 3 - 4 over a 4 -3 in today's world of spread offenses in college ball?
    - more coverage
    - faster to the edges
    - better zone blitzing
    Whistleblower exposes: (FISA), Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts, 156 other judges, members of Congress, and Donald J. Trump were targeted by the HAMMER.

vCash
    What about pressure on the QB in today's pass happy offenses?

vCash
    Good thing Richie Brown grabbed hold of the TE's jersey, or we would probably lost.

vCash
    I think Richie was totally out of place this year in our not so great 3 - 4. I thought he played much better in years' past in the 4 -3. I am totally unimpressed in the 3 - 4. Who else in the SEC runs it with success. We sure don't.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    What about pressure on the QB in today's pass happy offenses?
    I answered that question above and in another thread. Who has the top defense in the nation right now? Bama. What do they run?

Bama:

Ranked 1 in defense
    Ranked 1 in defensive TDs
    Ranked 6 in pass defense
    Ranked 1st in rush defense
    ranked 26th in INT
    Ranked 4th in sacks
    Ranked 7th in TFL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I answered that question above and in another thread. Who has the top defense in the nation right now? Bama. What do they run?

Bama:

Ranked 1 in defense
    Ranked 1 in defensive TDs
    Ranked 6 in pass defense
    Ranked 1st in rush defense
    ranked 26th in INT
    Ranked 4th in sacks
    Ranked 7th in TFL
    Let us know when we have NFL players at every spot on the field and in the two deep.