Thread: Willie gay

vCash

Willie gay

Besides hill running so well, the other guy that stood out was gay. He was so fast and all over the field. We need that speed on our defense. Assuming we get him, think he can play next season as a true freshman?

vCash
    LB is such a difficult position to play as a true freshmen. He really needs a year to learn

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by defiantdog View Post
    LB is such a difficult position to play as a true freshmen. He really needs a year to learn
    nah players play. Put him out there and he'll find the ball

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    I expect him to play as a true freshman

vCash
    I definitely see him helping on special teams. On defense, I think he would have to start off as a STAR LB assuming we keep Sirmon.

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    He will redshirt. Leo redshirted. As good as Gay is, he is not better than Leo was.
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    He will redshirt. Leo redshirted. As good as Gay is, he is not better than Leo was.
    Leo was out of shape. Gay is not

vCash
    Out of shape or not, this isn't high school anymore. He has to learn the plays, the calls, the coverages, the 3-4 system, and the language used also. I'm not saying that he will redshirt, but it's a little tougher then people think.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    No way thick. All of us that never strapped it up at that level know so much more.

vCash
    Am I missing something here? Is it a foregone conclusion that he will sign with us? I know it's be alluded to but didn't know if anything has officially changed. Would love to have him of course.

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thick View Post
    Out of shape or not, this isn't high school anymore. He has to learn the plays, the calls, the coverages, the 3-4 system, and the language used also. I'm not saying that he will redshirt, but it's a little tougher then people think.
    Exactly!
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    I will say this, if he doesn't get redshirted and he's playing special teams and getting reps at LB, then he's pretty damn special. I hope he is special as well! Shit, I just hope we sign him at this point.

vCash
    Why don't we just worry about it AFTER he signs with us, if he does. The way our recruiting goes its a waste of time to have this kind of thread on a guy that's committed, much less one that's not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Why don't we just worry about it AFTER he signs with us, if he does. The way our recruiting goes its a waste of time to have this kind of thread on a guy that's committed, much less one that's not.
    Then why waste your time posting in a "waste of time" thread...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Then why waste your time posting in a "waste of time" thread...
    I would tell you why but then I would just be wasting more time.**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    I would tell you why but then I would just be wasting more time.**
    Haha

vCash
    You would think people would learn by now that most of our freshman redshirt. Some dont because of need at their position- but always lean toward the redshirt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post
    You would think people would learn by now that most of our freshman redshirt. Some dont because of need at their position- but always lean toward the redshirt.
    This^^^

In fact, almost all good coaches are in a position where they redshirt the majority of their signing class (outside of a few studs, obviously - e.g., J. Simmons, C. Jones, etc.). Just look at how many players Bama RS's every year....even 5 star guys.

vCash
    What a great, great testament that guys like Leo and hopefully Willie G. redshirt......

If we could RS this level talent at some additional positions - we would compete in the west, till then.......4-4 is where we will be.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrydawg View Post
    What a great, great testament that guys like Leo and hopefully Willie G. redshirt......

If we could RS this level talent at some additional positions - we would compete in the west, till then.......4-4 is where we will be.
    Exactly. That's how Saban is able to convince talents like Marlon Humphrey to RS.