Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vikings

vCash

Vikings

Anyone watching the fall episodes? Haven't seen last night's yet, but the first episode back was STRONG. We're going to love to hate Ivar before this show is over.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Meh. It keeps getting farther and farther from the actual legends. I find myself liking it less and less.

vCash
    I'm a big fan, been watching since the beginning. The Bonless one I think will be a star.

vCash
    First post on ED, great that it is about my favorite show the last few years.
    Ivar is going to be evil and powerful before the end of it. He has no need for women so he can just focus on his fame.
    I guess I need to do some research on the legends. I just enjoy the show in general. Anyway, looking forward to more shows and seasons.

vCash
    Been good this whole season. I thought the dividing of the story lines would cause me to lose interest but it hasn't.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    Been good this whole season. I thought the dividing of the story lines would cause me to lose interest but it hasn't.
    Last night was really good, the scene with Ragnar and King Ecbert was awesome. Lagertha is badass, glad Aslung the Witch is gone. Ivar is gonna be the star and he will be interesting although Ragnar will be missed big time.

vCash
    I hate that Ragnar is going to die. He carried the show for so long it seems strange that it'll go on without him, but two of his sons and Lagertha can carry it going forward. I think Floki has had about 5 minutes face time so far this season. Bjorn too.

vCash
    Rollo and Bjorn will be seen more later, right now the focus is on the snake pit for Ragnar. I can't wait to see what happens when Ivar sees Lagertha in control and her killing of his mother Aslung.

vCash
    Ivar is going to go ape chit when he gets back. I don't know the history well, but I wonder if Ragnar's sons band together to avenge his death. I don't remember that. I thought they all led very separate lives and took over during different time periods or regions, but I'm sure there's a lot of the actual story that I'm unfamiliar with. Either way, it's lining up to be a great political show with the interactions between the French, GB, and the Vikings.

Banned
    vCash
    Isn't ivar the cripple? What the 17 can he do? I'm curious about what happens to the little kid that was cast out too. The wessex king and Ragnars conversation was great. Didn't care for Ragnars 1st wife shooting the bitch in her back after she said all was cool. The 2 brothers are going to become major ass kickers I think. Will definitely miss Ragnar though.

vCash
    I love the show. Have watched since the first episode. History points toward Ragnar to the snakepit and the "boneless" reaching great power.

Banned
    vCash
    Did ivar lie to his brothers regarding the details of Ragnars death upon his return?

vCash
    I think that the History Channel needs to do more shows like Vikings rather than space aliens crap. I think that this is the best show on TV at present.

vCash
    I must have missed something. I've seen stuff show up on the DVR but thought it was just recording reruns. Did they change the seasonal format? Are these new episodes (I haven't watched any yet)? I thought "Ragnar," as we call the show around our house, didn't come around again until February or so.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBear View Post
    I must have missed something. I've seen stuff show up on the DVR but thought it was just recording reruns. Did they change the seasonal format? Are these new episodes (I haven't watched any yet)? I thought "Ragnar," as we call the show around our house, didn't come around again until February or so.
    Yes the second half of season 4 is playing, only has a few more weeks, much has happened. Season 5 may not start till the fall of 2017.

Banned
    vCash
    Is Ragnars wish for what king he wants attacked going to happen? Did the cripple relay the story to his brothers correctly per Ragnars instructions?

vCash
    Plenty will die when Ivar invades. Ragnar told Ivar to kill Ecbert.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Plenty will die when Ivar invades. Ragnar told Ivar to kill Ecbert.
    But did ivar convey that to his brothers? Is ecbert the one who tortured Ragnar or the one Ragnar hung out with prior to being turned over for execution?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    But did ivar convey that to his brothers? Is ecbert the one who tortured Ragnar or the one Ragnar hung out with prior to being turned over for execution?
    Ivar told his brothers that Ecbert turned Ragnar over to King Aellie. Ragnar told Ivar to kill Ecbert. Watch the rerun at 7 tonight.

vCash
    Damn this half of the season is good. Lagertha is a badass. Sad to see Ragnar go, but we all knew it was coming. Ivar is gonna go ballistic on Ecbert. He's going to be a badass strategist, according to the actor playing him. He clearly inherits Ragnar's scheming brain.

Am I the only one interested in what happens with Bjorn and Rollo? Bjorn is supposed to become pretty great in his own right.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22