Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Pro scout that knows Mullen claims Dan put proposal together for Oregon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky Dog View Post
    Coach, how many people have backed you up in this post, and recently? Maybe you are very smart and this is all about clicks and ads and shit, but dude you are over the top with your agenda and trying to be right. You don't get it one bit what we are trying to say. Be a true Bulldog and back the coach, in spite of any rumors, truths, lack of focus or whatever, and don't contribute to the negativity! Now I'm not saying don't voice displeasure with results or recruiting even but you have really taken the dickhead to a new level. Come on man and just give a rest!
    I'm not trying to be right- I'm right on this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bruce Dickinson View Post
    An absolutely bruising runner that couldn't beat out Tyson Lee in 2009.
    because he got suspended for failing drug tests

vCash
    So junior highish and pedestrian (it's a VERY boring soapbox you can't seem to get off of)

But when you troll Ole Miss - the Network - you are Gold!!

Give us more of the good stuff!

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post
    Maybe, but what good does it do??!!!

Senior Member THE Bruce Dickinson's Avatar
    vCash
    Simply not true.

Pete Thamel of SI reported Dan was a candidate.
    Brent McMurphy of ESPN reported he was a finalist.
    Dennis Dodd of CBS Sports suggested it.
    Dieter Kurtenbach of Fox Sports reported he was a candidate.
    Matt Bush from USA Today said, "Mullen has looked around before, having twice interviewed for the Miami vacancies." as part of his article on Dan being a candidate.
    Former Oregon HC Mike Belotti said Dan was an ideal candidate.
    People suggesting that he may be a candidate does not mean he was actively pursuing the job.

Also your last 2 lines there are absolutely worthless. Just because someone has looked around in the past, doesn't mean they are leaving or trying to leave. Saban almost took the NYG job last year, but didnt end up with it. Does that mean he is dying to leave BAMA? NO

Just because an AD says says someone is an ideal candidate doesn't mean that the candidates shares the same feeling. Kate Upton is an ideal wife candidate, but unfortunately she isn't in the bed warming it up for me.

Banned
    vCash
    And like I said in another thread, do you think it may have been set up by Sexton to have leverage for extension?! It's business and maybe you should just be a little more less right on purpose!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    This is the time of year when I lose respect for RP. All he cares about is being rite. When, even if he is rite, there is absolutely zero positive from it...other than his ego. Only negative comes from this.

True. All it can accomplish is hurting our football program. If that's what he wants to do, then he is doing an excellent job so proceed on.

vCash
    And like I said in another thread, do you think it may have been set up by Sexton to have leverage for extension?! It's business and maybe you should just be a little more less right on purpose!
    No- because his looking around last year was the very reason he didnt get an extension

vCash
    because he got suspended for failing drug tests
    He recorded stats in all but 2 games in 2009, including the first 5. Nice try, though.

vCash
    If Mullen wanted the Oregon job, he would be flying to the Northwest right now. Oregon has Nike money, they'd match plus his salary. No way they chose Willie Taggert over Mullen. None.

Either a. There really wasn't anything of substance to this rumor. Maybe they gauged his interest.

Or b. He told them he wanted to stay in Starkville (as bad as that may sound to some folks)

There is no other scenario.

vCash
    No- because his looking around last year was the very reason he didnt get an extension
    But he's getting one this year doing same thing? Interesting (not saying you're wrong on last year, just interesting).

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    There have been multiple media people say Mullen was a candidate for the Oregon job. I don't understand what some of you are arguing about. It's pretty clear Mullen wanted the job. It's a great job. Better than ours. Who cares? He's still here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bruce Dickinson View Post
    He recorded stats in all but 2 games in 2009, including the first 5. Nice try, though.
    those 2 games are because he was suspended. He stayed in the doghouse because of it

http://djournal.com/sports/relf-susp...goes-it-alone/

And what point will you guys finally listen?

vCash
    Coach, how many people have backed you up in this post, and recently? Maybe you are very smart and this is all about clicks and ads and shit, but dude you are over the top with your agenda and trying to be right. You don't get it one bit what we are trying to say. Be a true Bulldog and back the coach, in spite of any rumors, truths, lack of focus or whatever, and don't contribute to the negativity! Now I'm not saying don't voice displeasure with results or recruiting even but you have really taken the dickhead to a new level. Come on man and just give a rest!
    Not defending rp's comments but he is saying that oregons choice was better than mullen. Now i dissagree completely b/c mullen has pulled somethig off at a school with the biggest odds against it. But rp isnt saying mullen is a bad coach. He's just pissed that mullen has been an unbelievable ass enroute to 5-7 and a tough road back to relevancy.

Poor argument. But mullen hasnt exactly earned his 4 mill either

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EAVdog View Post
    If Mullen wanted the Oregon job, he would be flying to the Northwest right now. Oregon has Nike money, they'd match plus his salary. No way they chose Willie Taggert over Mullen. None.

Either a. There really wasn't anything of substance to this rumor. Maybe they gauged his interest.

Or b. He told them he wanted to stay in Starkville (as bad as that may sound to some folks)

based on what? Taggart has turned around 2 programs to Mullen's 1 and won 10 games this season while Mullen couldnt beat South Alabama

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Agree.

It doesn't add up. If Mullen wanted to be the head coach at Oregon, Dan Mullen would've been the head coach at Oregon. You don't turn down Dan Mullen to hire Willie Taggart. That's asinine.
    This. I've spoken with Mullen personally in the last few days. This is BS.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Are you serious? There is no comparing resumes. WT doesn't even have a winning record with G5 teams. No experience in P5 conferences, never had a team ranked #1, not known for putting guys in the NFL. Mullen's background as a National Champion OC....

Taggert may end up being great but their resumes are light years apart. They didn't pick WT over Mullen. And they have money for days so that is no barrier.

vCash
    Maybe if we all say RP was right he will shut his pie hole. That seems to work when my wife argues with me.

I'll start. RP you were right.

vCash
    those 2 games are because he was suspended. He stayed in the doghouse because of it

http://djournal.com/sports/relf-susp...goes-it-alone/

And what point will you guys finally listen?
    He played in the first 5 games. He wasn't the starter.

The 5/11 77 yds and 0 TDs 2 Int against AU had more to do with him being in the doghouse than anything.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EAVdog View Post

or C. They decided Taggert has completely turned around 2 programs in short order, and is a better recruiter, so thought he was a better fit.

We don't know, and probably never will know the truth...but let's not pretend there was no other option. The same things that have frustrated a whole bunch of us over the years would be exposed by an in-depth search done by anyone looking to invest millions and their immediate future on a coach.

Nike money wants a coach that can compete for the NC. Dan has so far shown a penchant for doing things that will lose a game or two each year that we shouldn't. At MSU, the good news is the great stuff he's done has moved us up from the basement, and got us to 10 wins and a NY6 game.

But at Oregon, Nike's not going to be happy with 1-2 losses they shouldn't have.