Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bo Bounds Say Mullen/Oregon Not Real

vCash

Bo Bounds Say Mullen/Oregon Not Real

This morning Bo said Mullen would not have taken the job at Oregon. He also said that Mullen to Miami last year was real.

I'm sure this will lead to a pissing match about Bo's sources vs others, but I think we all know he has pretty good sources, & that this is just one man's opinion.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    See if this thread goes 5 pages before being locked.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg34 View Post
    See if this thread goes 5 pages before being locked.
    It shouldn't because that would be a pissing match about who has better sources.

I'm just passing along what was said so it can be added to the conversation

vCash
    The conversation should just be dropped because it is a mute point now. Mullen is here and will be here for at least a couple more years if not longer. Those that don't like Mullen just need to get over it and quit bitching.

vCash
    Dave Bartoo (Who lives in Oregon & is an Oregon season ticket holder) just said Taggert was the fall back plan

vCash
    They didn't want to pay Mullen 4.5+ Million...

vCash
    In my mind it's simple. I begrudge nobody for looking for what they think might be a better job. Fine, we've all done it. What I do begrudge is someone looking for another job and having if affect our program. This is a cut throat business and if you take your foot off the gas just a couple of weeks, it can cause damage.

I was pissed at that way Mullen handled it last year. But I think he's done better this year. Just my perception.

Edited for bad phone autocorrects.
    Last edited by gtowndawg; 12-08-2016 at 11:55 AM.

vCash
    He has a new agent this year too...

vCash
    The agenda will be around shortly, I'm waiting on the long post saying......you know the same ole same ole.

vCash
    Any coach would be crazy to not answer the phone when another program that in the past almost decade had been one of the top teams in the country. They were borderline elite for several years. That being said it is over and he is here. If he wants a truly elite job he will have to win big here and prove he is worth the 4.5 or more that we are paying him. He will have to make another run at the SEC championship IMO for that to be a possibility and if that happens great. He will have left our program in a much better situation than it was when he arrived and we will be set up to make a decent hire.

vCash
    Clearly, Bo Bounds is a butthurt shitbird *******

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gtowndawg View Post
    In my mind it's simple. I begrudge nobody for looking for a what they think might be a better job. Find, we've all done it. What I do begrudge is someone looking for another job and having if affect our program. This is a cut throat business and if you take your foot off the gas just a couple of weeks, it can cause damage.

I was pissed at that way Mullen handled it last year. But I think he's done better this year. Just my perception.
    I feel the exact same way. Dan has handled it better. I don't understand State fans that jump on other State fans for wanting it handled better because we don't want our program to be hurt.

vCash
    It has been clear from the outset that Oregon is not real. I saw a guy on Twitter with ~3000 followers and no clear credentials trying to claim that he has deep sources, this was real, Dan didn't get the job because of recruiting ability, etc. That's not really how any of this works. Looks like this is another Ole Miss "plant" like last year with Maryland. Of course Miami was real, Mullen himself said he'd talked to them. We all knew that. It was the rest of the noise and the flat EB that had everyone so pissed off.

Seriously, enough with this junk. Dan will leave someday... but today is not that day. The Rebs are so desperate that they'll do anything to disrupt MSU when they can't do it A) on the field, B) in the classroom, C) by cheating on the recruiting trail. I have told most of my Ole Miss acquaintances that Mullen will outlast Freeze and it appears that I'll be right on that. Mullen won't be around forever, but if he leaves with a 7 - 3 Egg Bowl record, the #1 ranking in 2014 and 9 game bowl streak in a couple of years I won't be complaining too much. Gives Cohen an opportunity to help us take another step forward.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SDDawg View Post
    It has been clear from the outset that Oregon is not real. I saw a guy on Twitter with ~3000 followers and no clear credentials trying to claim that he has deep sources, this was real, Dan didn't get the job because of recruiting ability, etc. That's not really how any of this works. Looks like this is another Ole Miss "plant" like last year with Maryland. Of course Miami was real, Mullen himself said he'd talked to them. We all knew that. It was the rest of the noise and the flat EB that had everyone so pissed off.

Seriously, enough with this junk. Dan will leave someday... but today is not that day. The Rebs are so desperate that they'll do anything to disrupt MSU when they can't do it A) on the field, B) in the classroom, C) by cheating on the recruiting trail. I have told most of my Ole Miss acquaintances that Mullen will outlast Freeze and it appears that I'll be right on that. Mullen won't be around forever, but if he leaves with a 7 - 3 Egg Bowl record, the #1 ranking in 2014 and 9 game bowl streak in a couple of years I won't be complaining too much. Gives Cohen an opportunity to help us take another step forward.
    The Oregon thing was reported by several other people like ESPN. It's not like it was just some other random guy on Twitter. I actually find it odd that Bounds is saying it wasn't real simply because of that. Unless he's saying that Dan taking the job was "never real" which I agree with. I haven't heard the context of his comment though.

vCash

Right on SD

Quote Originally Posted by SDDawg View Post

It is what it is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I feel the exact same way. Dan has handled it better. I don't understand State fans that jump on other State fans for wanting it handled better because we don't want our program to be hurt.
    What was the difference between this year and last? The statements he released are nearly identical. He actually addressed the rumors earlier last year 12/1/15 and right before they hired Richt, who had turned them down then changed his mind. Now people, not you, are mad he waited until after Oregon named their coach on 12/7/16 and you have the ones like yourself, thinks he handled it better. I just see the difference and for the ones arguing both years he didn't do it at the right time...then there won't be for you.
    Last edited by Really Clark?; 12-08-2016 at 10:36 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gtowndawg View Post
    In my mind it's simple. I begrudge nobody for looking for a what they think might be a better job. Find, we've all done it. What I do begrudge is someone looking for another job and having if affect our program. This is a cut throat business and if you take your foot off the gas just a couple of weeks, it can cause damage.

Good post, I agree.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    The Oregon thing was reported by several other people like ESPN. It's not like it was just some other random guy on Twitter. I actually find it odd that Bounds is saying it wasn't real simply because of that. Unless he's saying that Dan taking the job was "never real" which I agree with. I haven't heard the context of his comment though.
    Not everyone thinks like you Todd, Mullen did the right thing on the Oregon rumor. I guarantee he and his Coaches were telling recruits it wasn't true and he would be back. It's stupid to think they all stop recruiting.

Banned
    vCash
    I'm just going to say this and it will be my final comment on the subject.

A school with every bit of the facilities and financial resources (if not more) as Alabama and Ohio State just hired a Group of 5 coach with a career losing record over 7 years.

Let that sink in and judge for yourself what happened.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSVDawg View Post
    I'm just going to say this and it will be my final comment on the subject.

A school with every bit of the facilities and financial resources (if not more) as Alabama and Ohio State just hired a Group of 5 coach with a career losing record over 7 years.

Let that sink in and judge for yourself what happened.
    You need to put that in perspective.

The Bulls were winless in 2012, prior to Taggart's hiring, and won two games during his first season, but have won four, eight and 10 games since. The Bulls won 17 of their last 21 games under Taggart.

It's npt like he had a losing season the past 2 years. he was making major progress at a bad school.