Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ole Miss coaches recording

vCash

Ole Miss coaches recording

I can't link attachments or figure out how to paste the pics I took from the conversation, but it's coming from a 247 recruiting article one Ole Miss. In the comments were a few of these statements floating around. Sorry I'm having to paste it.

That's no concern. It's not going to be what our rivals are expecting. Some big things WILL come out of it, and a couple of other schools won't be happy. One of the coaches turned over a recording of a recruit saying "Miss State offered me $80. What has Ole Miss got?" Needless to say, said recruit is playing for State. Rashan Gary's mom was asked if Ole Miss offered them money. She replied by saying that Ole Miss didn't, but other schools did. The NCAA knows who it was.

Is this what people were talking about a few weeks ago or something different? If so, then feel free to lock the thread.

vCash
    Put the internet down Jim Shute.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Activated Alpha View Post
    One of the coaches turned over a recording of a recruit saying "Miss State offered me $80. What has Ole Miss got?"
    $80? No wonder we can't get recruits!!!** Must have been a 2 star.
    No Signature

vCash
    I can't link attachments or figure out how to paste the pics I took from the conversation, but it's coming from a 247 recruiting article one Ole Miss. In the comments were a few of these statements floating around. Sorry I'm having to paste it.

That's no concern. It's not going to be what our rivals are expecting. Some big things WILL come out of it, and a couple of other schools won't be happy. One of the coaches turned over a recording of a recruit saying "Miss State offered me $80. What has Ole Miss got?" Needless to say, said recruit is playing for State. Rashan Gary's mom was asked if Ole Miss offered them money. She replied by saying that Ole Miss didn't, but other schools did. The NCAA knows who it was.

Is this what people were talking about a few weeks ago or something different? If so, then feel free to lock the thread.
    Hahaha, I am sure that CJ Johnson tweeting out a pic of his new truck after enrolling was bought by MSU also. If we were buying players then where is our National Title from Cam Newton?

vCash
    You realize this was the BS they were spinning about Leo being suspended for the Arkansas game and then EB because of this recording. The same Leo Lewis that was not suspended but actually won freshmen of the week against UNM in the EB. They are just trying to troll and are pulling out all stops to effect our recruiting and trying to get out of the big hole they are in.

vCash
    Please tell me there aren't people dumb enough to believe that a recording, even IF they did have one, of someone saying they got something is considered proof or evidence at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    LOL!

vCash
    There is one of two answers here:

1. There is no tape. It's stupid. If they had Leo Lewis on tape doing half of what they say they have, they would have released that tape the day after signing day.

2. Ole Miss is taping recruits secretly to get them on the record so they can blackmail them or the school they end up signing with.

It's one or the other. Both of them are bad for them. I think the first scenario is the likely one, though.

vCash
    Agree Bubb. Creating this BS lie was a terrible mistake for them. If it really gains traction it will be shown that 1) ole miss people were lying, yet again, about the NCAA investigation, or 2) they're asking recruits on tape who's offered what to them to set them up. Neither of those is a good news story for OM and none of its bad for State. Even if they had a recording of that conversation, it wouldn't do anything to hurt state. It would raise a lot of questions about why Ole Miss is recording conversations with recruits though.

Banned
    vCash
    Boy, LSU fans are gonna be pissed when this leaks out***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    Agree Bubb. Creating this BS lie was a terrible mistake for them. If it really gains traction it will be shown that 1) ole miss people were lying, yet again, about the NCAA investigation, or 2) they're asking recruits on tape who's offered what to them to set them up. Neither of those is a good news story for OM and none of its bad for State. Even if they had a recording of that conversation, it wouldn't do anything to hurt state. It would raise a lot of questions about why Ole Miss is recording conversations with recruits though.
    This idiotic lie is probably one reason for their recruiting being in the shitter. If they told me that story, I wouldn't go back. Just shows how childish they are at handling their business. I wouldn't give them the time of day after I heard that bs as a reason the NCAA won't do much to them.
    You're blind if you can't see improvement.....Freshmens......Strain.....Kick rocks and pound sand......Drag my Yankee ass outta here!......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    I mean we only offered Twenty Buckles $20. No wonder we didn't land him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    You realize this was the BS they were spinning about Leo being suspended for the Arkansas game and then EB because of this recording. The same Leo Lewis that was not suspended but actually won freshmen of the week against UNM in the EB. They are just trying to troll and are pulling out all stops to effect our recruiting and trying to get out of the big hole they are in.
    Like I said, unsure if this was the same rhetoric about Lewis or not. Sorry for rehashing this.

vCash
    $80? Is that even a secondary violation? Next they'll be saying we got them an extra sweet and sour sauce for their McNuggets when we took them to McDonalds.

vCash
    possible rebel black bear
    my cowbell is louder than yours

vCash
    I give this troll attempt 2/10

vCash

NEWSFLASH - The NCAA is investigating Ole Miss and not MSU, Bama, LSU or whoever. So all that crap is useless. Ole Miss has no bargaing power with the NCAA.

vCash
    They are desperate, DESPERATE to rope State into this somehow - misery loves company. They are throwing whatever they can at the wall to see if it sticks, as long as it gets State fans worried, too. That's what they want.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    ^^^^^^^

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BossDawg View Post
    They are desperate, DESPERATE to rope State into this somehow - misery loves company. They are throwing whatever they can at the wall to see if it sticks, as long as it gets State fans worried, too. That's what they want.
    Yep, this should do nothing but show how desperate they are, and how bad this is going to be for them. Oh, and the OP...better get the Enforcer on that guy