Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let Me Get This Straight - Mississippi DC

vCash

Let Me Get This Straight - Mississippi DC

Ole Miss is about to hire a guy who has never been a coordinator in 26 years of coaching to be a DC? Let me explain something to those who don't understand coaching. Crime Dog is a hell of a recruiter. That's why he has been given honorary titles like "Co-DC" and "Recruiting Coordinator". He gets thrown a bone and gets a raise with a new title to recruit. If a guy has been that valued as a recruiter and has never coordinated his own defense in 26 years, major red flags.

You can say what you want about Dave Wommack as a recruiter but the guy had been a DC since 1985. He was the definition of an X's and O's guy who I greatly underestimated when Freeze brought him over. in 2014 he coached Ole Miss to the #1 defense in America. The guy knew what he was doing. Now we get to last year where the talent dipped but Dave didn't forget how to coach.

2016 national stats:
    -100th scoring defense
    -110th total defense
    -120th rushing defense
    -91st first downs allowed
    -97th sacks
    -87 INTs
    -93rd passes defended
    -86th opponent 3rd down conversion
    -112th opponent 4th down conversion
    -125th opponent redzone conversion
    -89th in takeaways
    -117th in plays of 50 or more yards allowed

So that defense which was arguably the worst in college football is going to replace an X's and O's schemer like Dave Wommack with a guy who has never been a coordinator in 26 years of coaching AND put in a new scheme? Holy mother that is an impossible task and odds for Crime Dog.

vCash
    They really only care about winning recruiting titles at TSUN...

vCash
    They don't care about X's and O's. Just stars. They think if they can get enough stars on the field then that will be enough. Now, what is going to be funny is when they don't get the stars, get bent over by the NCAA, and have a bad coach as DC.

vCash
    If you think their D wss bad this year. Wow at that hire! It's all bout crootin

vCash
    Not that my input matters at all, because it doesn't, but Kane Wommack would been an infinitely better hire than Crime Dog for DC. Best case scenario would be Kane as DC and Crime Dog as DB, Co-DC. Considering everything they are dealing with, that is the home run scenario.

vCash
    I don't think they are actually going to hire McGriff.

I think Freeze is just telling people that to build momentum & try to get back in the game with Avery. Then, after signing day, he'll just say that it didn't work out & they are going with someone else.

If this isn't the case, then why hasn't McGriff been hired yet? What is keeping OM from announcing this right now?

Perhaps my theory in crazy & stupid, but until OM actually hires McGriff, it's something to think about
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    Not that my input matters at all, because it doesn't, but Kane Wommack would been an infinitely better hire than Crime Dog for DC. Best case scenario would be Kane as DC and Crime Dog as DB, Co-DC. Considering everything they are dealing with, that is the home run scenario.
    What if Kane Wommack was told to stay as far away as possible from that program by someone who, until just recently, was very close to that program?

vCash
    Bafoom is saying Ron English is now the leading candidate.

Looks like ever OM thought McGriff was a terrible idea. That or they found out it wouldn't effect Avery. In which case, I'd gladly trade Avery for the likely hood of putting 55 points on OM again if McGriff was their DC
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    Ole Miss is about to hire a guy who has never been a coordinator in 26 years of coaching to be a DC? Let me explain something to those who don't understand coaching. Crime Dog is a hell of a recruiter. That's why he has been given honorary titles like "Co-DC" and "Recruiting Coordinator". He gets thrown a bone and gets a raise with a new title to recruit. If a guy has been that valued as a recruiter and has never coordinated his own defense in 26 years, major red flags.

You can say what you want about Dave Wommack as a recruiter but the guy had been a DC since 1985. He was the definition of an X's and O's guy who I greatly underestimated when Freeze brought him over. in 2014 he coached Ole Miss to the #1 defense in America. The guy knew what he was doing. Now we get to last year where the talent dipped but Dave didn't forget how to coach.

2016 national stats:
    -100th scoring defense
    -110th total defense
    -120th rushing defense
    -91st first downs allowed
    -97th sacks
    -87 INTs
    -93rd passes defended
    -86th opponent 3rd down conversion
    -112th opponent 4th down conversion
    -125th opponent redzone conversion
    -89th in takeaways
    -117th in plays of 50 or more yards allowed

So that defense which was arguably the worst in college football is going to replace an X's and O's schemer like Dave Wommack with a guy who has never been a coordinator in 26 years of coaching AND put in a new scheme? Holy mother that is an impossible task and odds for Crime Dog.
    Sorry Beast but OM's defensive success was more on Tom Allen than Dave Wommack. After Allen left that defense went downhill pretty quick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post

I think Freeze is just telling people that to build momentum & try to get back in the game with Avery. Then, after signing day, he'll just say that it didn't work out & they are going with someone else.

If this isn't the case, then why hasn't McGriff been hired yet? What is keeping OM from announcing this right now?

Perhaps my theory in crazy & stupid, but until OM actually hires McGriff, it's something to think about
    When it comes to Ole Miss and recruiting nothing and I mean nothing is crazy or stupid. They pimp their daughters and wives out for recruiting.

vCash
    Bafoom is saying Ron English is now the leading candidate.

Looks like ever OM thought McGriff was a terrible idea. That or they found out it wouldn't effect Avery. In which case, I'd gladly trade Avery for the likely hood of putting 55 points on OM again if McGriff was their DC
    It could be they are having trouble finding someone with the situation they are in.

vCash
    Ron English is a recently fired retread who's defense was 103rs in the country and the last time he was DC prior to this year was 2008 at Louisville and he was 89th in scoring defense. His record as a HC at Eastern MI was 11-46.

vCash
    The same Ron English that was let go from Eastern Michigan for "dressing down" his players?

That's what all I was pissed off about. How did so many kids go bad? I haven't been around players where so many go bad, so s***bird. I mean this is s***bird football! It's bad. As bad as I've ever been around, Jesus. Bad as I've ever been around. Just s***bird football. I've never been around players where you've coached the same s*** for months. I've never been in a place like that. Gotta coach the same s*** over and over. Gotta coach practice, gotta coach (inaudible), are you kidding me? (inaudible) Just once, and I gotta coach the same s***.

There's a lack of focus now. There's a lack of pride, is what that is. But more importantly, self-respect. That's what it really is; you have no respect for yourselves. Why should anybody else, if you've never looked at yourself and said, you know what, I'm not falling into that trap, I'm not (unintelligible).

That's why I have no respect for the players that went here, I have no f****** respect for you b****. I have no respect for you little quittin'-ass b****. That's why you got your ass kicked, quitter. That's what I call y'all, all little f***ers. Mother******, I don't need to respect you, I don't give a f*** about you, b****. There, it's true. I don't f***** care about complainers, cause you mother****** are quitters. Gotta get out mother*******. I don't give a f*** about you, b****.

Could care less. I respect football players, but I respect football players, mother******. But you ain't no football player, you little b****. You're a little f****** b****, that everybody laughs at over and over, because they know you're a f***** quitter. They know from the third quarter and halftime that you quit. If you wanna call it what it is. Do you know why it happens? Because you allow it to happen out here. You just come out here on Thursdays and f*** around, come out on Wednesdays and f*** around...

He's going to need to make some trips to Haiti before Freezus anoints him DC....

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    This from his wiki page....thought this was funny.

English was abruptly fired on November 8, 2013?less than 24 hours before the Eagles' game against Western Michigan. Later that day, The Detroit News revealed that English had been fired after school officials obtained a tape of a tirade English delivered to his team during an October team meeting. The speech was laden with expletives ("shitbird" was especially plentiful), and included at least one homophobic slur. On November 9, athletic director Heather Lyke confirmed the existence of the tape and condemned it as "wholly inappropriate" and "absolutely unacceptable."[11] English subsequently apologized, admitting that he had "lost my poise," but hoped to be able to coach again.[12]

He seems like a real winner. I hope they get their guy. I guess he'll call them "shit sharks" before its all over with.
    No Signature

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    This from his wiki page....thought this was funny.

English was abruptly fired on November 8, 2013?less than 24 hours before the Eagles' game against Western Michigan. Later that day, The Detroit News revealed that English had been fired after school officials obtained a tape of a tirade English delivered to his team during an October team meeting. The speech was laden with expletives ("shitbird" was especially plentiful), and included at least one homophobic slur. On November 9, athletic director Heather Lyke confirmed the existence of the tape and condemned it as "wholly inappropriate" and "absolutely unacceptable."[11] English subsequently apologized, admitting that he had "lost my poise," but hoped to be able to coach again.[12]

He seems like a real winner. I hope they get their guy. I guess he'll call them "shit sharks" before its all over with.
    PLEASE hire him!!!! Their defnese would morph from the landshark defense to the shitbird defense!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    The same Ron English that was let go from Eastern Michigan for "dressing down" his players?

That's what all I was pissed off about. How did so many kids go bad? I haven't been around players where so many go bad, so s***bird. I mean this is s***bird football! It's bad. As bad as I've ever been around, Jesus. Bad as I've ever been around. Just s***bird football. I've never been around players where you've coached the same s*** for months. I've never been in a place like that. Gotta coach the same s*** over and over. Gotta coach practice, gotta coach (inaudible), are you kidding me? (inaudible) Just once, and I gotta coach the same s***.

There's a lack of focus now. There's a lack of pride, is what that is. But more importantly, self-respect. That's what it really is; you have no respect for yourselves. Why should anybody else, if you've never looked at yourself and said, you know what, I'm not falling into that trap, I'm not (unintelligible).

That's why I have no respect for the players that went here, I have no f****** respect for you b****. I have no respect for you little quittin'-ass b****. That's why you got your ass kicked, quitter. That's what I call y'all, all little f***ers. Mother******, I don't need to respect you, I don't give a f*** about you, b****. There, it's true. I don't f***** care about complainers, cause you mother****** are quitters. Gotta get out mother*******. I don't give a f*** about you, b****.

Could care less. I respect football players, but I respect football players, mother******. But you ain't no football player, you little b****. You're a little f****** b****, that everybody laughs at over and over, because they know you're a f***** quitter. They know from the third quarter and halftime that you quit. If you wanna call it what it is. Do you know why it happens? Because you allow it to happen out here. You just come out here on Thursdays and f*** around, come out on Wednesdays and f*** around...

He's going to need to make some trips to Haiti before Freezus anoints him DC....
    He'll fit right in with those cheating convicts.

vCash

They have to hire a DC before signing day...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner34 View Post
    PLEASE hire him!!!! Their defnese would morph from the landshark defense to the shitbird defense!

vCash
    nm
    Last edited by sandwolf; 12-06-2016 at 03:38 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    It could be they are having trouble finding someone with the situation they are in.
    That's exactly what I was thinking. Who would want that job, and the NCAA results in Freeze and others leaving? What kinda job security would he have? They may as well get a hell of a recruiter in there soon if they think they maybe replacing the coaching staff before next season.
    You're blind if you can't see improvement.....Freshmens......Strain.....Kick rocks and pound sand......Drag my Yankee ass outta here!......