Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lotta "Dan Mullen to Oregon" talk right now...

vCash

Lotta "Dan Mullen to Oregon" talk right now...

Don't freak out, but be warned that talk is building.

Oregon 247 posters mentioning him as possible hire. Or search Dan Mullen on twitter and you'll see what I mean too. Bellotti says Mullen would be in his top 4 for Oregon.

Would suck bad. Hope it's just rumor. Maybe we need to talk it up real big like it's happening...bc hires are rarely the guy everybody thinks it will be, ha.

vCash
    I heard is hiring PJ Fleck.

vCash
    And I read yesterday on SDS that McElwaine is lobbying hard to get it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I heard is hiring PJ Fleck.
    Well if they don't hire Fleck and go with Dan....we should hire Fleck. Problem solved, no longer worried.**

vCash
    It's all over the place and several of their insiders believe that Oregon is putting out misinformation with this many different types of coaches being named. Either they really don't know who they want or they are lining him up and it might be a surprise name

vCash
    I don't see anything that has any legs. It's all major speculation. I think they hire Fleck personally. That has been the name that has been mentioned most.

vCash
    That Oregon job isn't a top job anymore. And if Mullen thinks it's hard recruiting MS, wait til he finds out Oregon has no players. I see this one as false. Again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    That Oregon job isn't a top job anymore. And if Mullen thinks it's hard recruiting MS, wait til he finds out Oregon has no players. I see this one as false. Again.
    Don't most of Oregon's players come from Northern California?

vCash
    Nike > Addidas. Sorry. That's the truth and he'd get whatever he wants there, much like he has had at State. I doubt they want him, but if they do he'd have to take a long hard look at it.

vCash
    And so it begins...
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Don't most of Oregon's players come from Northern California?
    When Kelly was there, it was split. His last class only had 8 from Cali.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mstatefan91 View Post
    And so it begins...
    What begins? Bloggers, site guys, media etc. having throwing his name out there for a while now as a possibility. There is nothing with any legs even stating he is a legit target or interview. We know they have interviewed Taggert and Harison

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Well if they don't hire Fleck and go with Dan....we should hire Fleck. Problem solved, no longer worried.**
    I've got my oars ready to row the Bulldog boat.

vCash
    If Oregon wanted Mullen, they would've offered already. No need to play around. He might be on their list, but he's way down it. I still think Kelly is their guy, regardless of what he's said. SF is ready for him to be gone and nobody else in the NFL is going t hire him.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Good thing is he dont have to recruit as hard there...It is alot easier to win the PAC12 and make it to the final four than it is to win the SEC. Ask Washington.
    If he does leave, they will be in New Years bowls often. I hope he don't leave though.
    No Signature

vCash
    I don't want to lose Mullen but at this point I'm not going to freak out if we lose a coach that just went 5-7 and can't keep a decent DC on staff. Yes, Mullen is a great developer of QBs but he is also an average recruiter that apparently no defensive coach wants to work for. If he leaves he leaves and if he stays he stays. We can certainly do a lot worse than Mullen but we can also do as well or better if we make the right hire.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Do you realize how hard it must be to coach in the SEC West at a Mississippi school? Mullen is a damn good coach and if he was at a Western Michigan, Boise State, Oregon, Utah etc, he would be consistently be winning 10+ games a year.
    No Signature

vCash
    Don't give a shit unless he comes out and says he has a home and this is where he wants to stay. 4 million is enough money to be shown some loyalty.
    "They live in bizarro world...up is down...yes is no...hot is cold. Now they've determined that the NCAA sends a Letter of Inquiry AFTER an investigation is basically over. Uh...NO. Not how it works." Zv2, Bafoom Motard , 10/12/15

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    If Oregon wanted Mullen, they would've offered already. No need to play around. He might be on their list, but he's way down it. I still think Kelly is their guy, regardless of what he's said. SF is ready for him to be gone and nobody else in the NFL is going t hire him.
    Kelly doesnt want to recruit...he wants to stay in the NFL

vCash
    There are several teams with many times over the resources we have that can't find a coach as good as Dan Mullen. Think about that.