Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ole Miss NCAA update. Brought to you by Rosebowl

vCash

Ole Miss NCAA update. Brought to you by Rosebowl

Rosey say today that the NCAA interviewed NE Jackson Rebels last week.

It keep going folks. The NCAA isn't slowing down and will gut the program.

Rosey also adds that older Rebels are upset with young Rebels for being entirely too aggressive and potentially doing extreme long term damage to the program.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Doesn't there come a point when the NCAA sees that OM is a seething pot of corruption from top to bottom and just impose the death penalty to let the collegiate world understand this sort of institutionalized shit is not acceptable whatsoever?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Doesn't there come a point when the NCAA sees that OM is a seething pot of corruption from top to bottom and just impose the death penalty to let the collegiate world understand this sort of institutionalized shit is not acceptable whatsoever?
    Yes and something close to that will probably happen next April. However, the NCAA realizes that the only way to truly stop this is too make sure that all the proper people are disassociated. If they don't, good chance it starts up again once probation ends.

Rooting out all the "heppers " takes time.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Yes and something close to that will probably happen next April. However, the NCAA realizes that the only way to truly stop this is too make sure that all the proper people are disassociated. If they don't, good chance it starts up again once probation ends.

As long as they have a program they won't stop.

vCash

By disassociated, do you mean killed? That is the only way you could slow down most of the die-hard network members (and that is from any school). That disassociated shit is just that. I don't understand why they even bother with it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    By disassociated, do you mean killed? That is the only way you could slow down most of the die-hard network members (and that is from any school). That disassociated shit is just that. I don't understand why they even bother with it.
    Me either.

vCash
    Hahaha....Hack!

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Lil ole innocent Freeze is the main one that needs cutting out. The other two coaches who formerly held the same title at OM both got in trouble, the next in line, Hugh Freeze.
    No Signature

vCash
    The only way dissociation of boosters should be accepted by the NCAA as meaningful punishment is if said booster is never seen associated with the school in the public eye again, or for whatever time period is mandated on the front end if applicable (sorry Hack). Sure you can't stop further association behind the scenes, but when you say you're taking steps to fix grievances by dissociating a booster only for him to show up just a few years later in TV interviews and pictures with the athletic director, you're showing obvious contempt and disregard for the system.

vCash
    I wonder if it was some of the Bears from the Friday River Hills Lunch group..

vCash

Rosey also adds that older Rebels are upset with young Rebels for being entirely too aggressive and potentially doing extreme long term damage to the program.
    For us not familiar with the capital scene who or what are/is NE Jackson?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    High Rent District of Jackson called Madison.

vCash

Not exactly true..... the NE Rebels won't talk so it doesn't matter. There's a certain law firm making a ton of money on this investigation though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Eastover old Jackson money Old Canton Rd. area. Prep and JA people if that helps.

Not Madison. Madison is more new money.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Eastover old Jackson money Old Canton Rd. area. Prep and JA people if that helps.

Not Madison. Madison is more new money.
    The NCAA may have gone to a certain D1 sports facility

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by defiantdog View Post
    The NCAA may have gone to a certain D1 sports facility
    Oh. Well THAT is in Madison. But I never considered Northeast Jackson to be Madison.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    High Rent District of Jackson called Madison.
    Nope, Think Eastover.. $$$$$

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishwater99 View Post
    Nope, Think Eastover.. $$$$$
    There is a misconception that most of the money in Jackson is in Madison but the reality is Eastover would blow Madison away in terms of wealth. A lot of Ole Miss people there- probably more than any of the suburbs per capita compared to MSU fans. And to be honest most of the Ole Miss fans from that part of town that I have encountered are more down to Earth than your typical Ole Miss fan. That's why it doesn't surprise me to hear that they want some of the things to slow down. It also wouldn't surprise me if their Network runs through there either directly or indirectly though.

vCash
    Todd is right. Old Money in NE Jackson. Most live in the CC of Jackson or the Eastover (leftover lol). Those circles are big-time Ole Miss fan dominated. Of the professionals in their 30s, the vast majority live in Madison, G'stadt, Brandon, & Rez but there a few that enjoy the status of being old Jackson money.

Having lived in Jackson at 1 point, I cannot fathom having money and chosing to live there unless I was choosing to stay. Crappy roads, power always goes out, boil water notices multiple times a year, high property tax, high property crime, I could go on forever. I bought my current truck 3 years ago and my tag was $1k. I moved to a metro county that has a property tax base and my tag went to 400 in year 2

vCash
    At least three highly successful attorneys -- one who advertises at our athletic events-- vowed years ago to deliver all of the athletes from Calaway, Madison Central, etc. to Ole Miss. They have made good on that until recently. They give big money to the University also and have been adament, so the word is, that Ole Miss not throw them under the bus during the investigation process. Could be interesting particularly if the NCAA has the goods and the attorneys are not forthcoming.