Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stands off to an ugly 3-5 start

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    Agreed. If Q plays in that game, we win.
    I think Q not playing those 2 games may end up being more beneficial though. It led to the emergence of Eli wright. Him giving us 8-12 off the bench will be huge going forward

vCash
    I Don't care either way if he wins or loses there at WKY.
    But one thing for certain that I found out is that a certain coach from that conference isn't happy about the tactics of Rick..
    So don't be surprised to hear some rumblings of the NCAA there ...

vCash
    Meanwhile we have yet to match his record his last year here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    I Don't care either way if he wins or loses there at WKY.
    But one thing for certain that I found out is that a certain coach from that conference isn't happy about the tactics of Rick..
    So don't be surprised to hear some rumblings of the NCAA there ...
    Gotta be jones, right?

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post
    They were 100% jealous of Newman
    Guess we just read it differently. Looked to me like everyone didn't like him. Maybe that's because they were in fact jealous of him or that he came off as arrogant and didn't want to include himself. I seriously doubt if you asked every player their thoughts on Newman you'd get one single person saying they were jealous of him so that means it's just your interpretation of the friction. You shouldn't speak in 100% when it's your interpretation and not an actual fact. Just saying. I don't really care either way. Newman was a dick and he was way overrated. His daddy is a retard too. You can tell him I said that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    we havent matched the drama and embarrassment either

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Guess we just read it differently. Looked to me like everyone didn't like him. Maybe that's because they were in fact jealous of him or that he came off as arrogant and didn't want to include himself. I seriously doubt if you asked every player their thoughts on Newman you'd get one single person saying they were jealous of him so that means it's just your interpretation of the friction. You shouldn't speak in 100% when it's your interpretation and not an actual fact. Just saying. I don't really care either way. Newman was a dick and he was way overrated. His daddy is a retard too. You can tell him I said that.
    I say its 100% because Howland told someone I know that last season was a cluster**** because all the Sr's resented Newman

vCash
    I expect that to change soon. Maybe not this year, but soon.

Banned
    vCash
    I say its 100% because Howland told someone I know that last season was a cluster**** because all the Sr's resented Newman
    Ok I think the seniors were fair in their resentment of him too. He and his daddy busted through the door and demanded things be done their way to appease Newman's draft stock and they still demanded it when every NBA scout told him to stay in college and he was forced to come back. Newman's skill/talent was the biggest detractor to his draft stock. He's not a point guard.

vCash
    Howland said something to that effect publically as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Ok I think the seniors were fair in their resentment of him too. He and his daddy busted through the door and demanded things be done their way to appease Newman's draft stock and they still demanded it when every NBA scout told him to stay in college and he was forced to come back. Newman's skill/talent was the biggest detractor to his draft stock. He's not a point guard.
    Horatio was a pain in the ass too- no doubt

Banned
    vCash
    Both Ray and Howland have already made as many Sweet 16's at MSU as Bury did.

vCash
    We had Ray for three years and one year of a bunch of seniors that had no idea how to win in Howland's first year. But don't you worry those 21 wins will be bypassed sooner then later.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    What the hell are you talking about in his second year? The team chemistry last year sucked balls because early they didn't buy in and were jealous of the Newman pub. This year we are 5-2 and more then likely should be 10-2 before the SEC season starts. I think we end up with 18 wins this year as well. By the end of last season though I don't think anyone wanted to play us. I think it will be similar to this year except we won't have a Southern or UMKC loss like we did last year and will make the post season.
    Dumbassedry on my part saying second year.

But my point still remains. RP was tryin to push the point that stans was struggling with a group of seniors and that meant he was a poor coach. Which of course is not an indicator of that. If it were then howland would be considered a poor coach based on last yr. obviously he's not.

I'm not sayin stans is or is not a good coach...just pointing out the silliness of RPs point. He was well aware of it when he posted it.

vCash
    lost a close one to Mizzou today. Rough start for a Sr led team.
    How does their "motion" look?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post

But my point still remains. RP was tryin to push the point that stans was struggling with a group of seniors and that meant he was a poor coach. Which of course is not an indicator of that. .
    No- RP was simply giving an update on one of our former coaches. Butthurt bitches like you read too much into things and take it so personal about Stands that it has led to such enjoyment watching it all unfold. I simply stated fact. What people deduce from it is up to them

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post

But my point still remains. RP was tryin to push the point that stans was struggling with a group of seniors and that meant he was a poor coach. Which of course is not an indicator of that. If it were then howland would be considered a poor coach based on last yr. obviously he's not.

I'm not sayin stans is or is not a good coach...just pointing out the silliness of RPs point. He was well aware of it when he posted it.
    Gotcha. I overreacted on the second year part. It's always tough in the coach's first year.

Banned
    vCash
    No- RP was simply giving an update on one of our former coaches. Butthurt bitches like you read too much into things and take it so personal about Stands that it has led to such enjoyment watching it all unfold. I simply stated fact. What people deduce from it is up to them
    It's fascinating actually. Stansbury remains a hot topic for MSU fans. He certainly did a phenomenal job of building relationships with fans. Before he left he built himself a small army of dedicated loving Bulldog fans. I will admit that I am impressed with Stansbury in that aspect. He could recruit players to the campus and he made a lot of friends while he was here. I'll leave it at that and won't rehash all that he couldn't do like I already have 9,000 times before.

vCash

You are wrong here. I'm far from "butt hurt" over the stans situation...in fact I felt it was time to let him go a year before we actually did. So you can take that angle somewhere else. You bringin up this situation is just like you starting threads about renfroe when he was struggling but remaining silent when he torched it in the first month up (and before you retort about that statement go back and look how I stated his hot first month did not mean he was gonna be an all star).

I enjoy your insight on football and your info regarding the OM situation...but your knowledge in other areas is lacking. You know this so you just stir the pot to garner clicks. I don't blame you but it is what it is.

vCash
    we havent matched the drama and embarrassment either
    Maybe, maybe not. Nobody would notice now anyway. Just like few noticed about Newman but just the few of us who are rabid MSU basketball fans. Things are about to get better I think, thankfully.