Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mullen just retweeted the Las Vegas Bowl

vCash
    Either Tempe or Las Vegas are cool as Jacksonville, Nashville, Memphis, Atlanta, etc (the site we SEC fans are accustomed to for our bowl games) do get somewhat stale year after year.

vCash
    After looking up info on the bowl games mentioned, I noticed this bowl already had Navy to play State in the 2016 matchup. Idk if that means anything. It's wikipedia so...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armed_Forces_Bowl

vCash
    A couple of notes about The Las Vegas Bowl

The payout is $1.35 million - that's not bad. Think of the Vegas Bowl as the Liberty Bowl when a lower SEC team played the C-USA Champion (we did it against UCF and Rice). Substitute the Pac 12 for the SEC and the Mountain West for C-USA and you have the Las Vegas Bowl.

Wyoming plays San Diego State for the MWC title next Saturday. An interesting caveat about the Las Vegas Bowl is that they are not required to take the MWC Championship Game winner. They get the first pick of MWC teams. While traditionally the champion makes sense, there is a 10-2 Boise State team that just fell out of the top 25 available.

9-3 San Diego State spent some time in the top 25 this season, but they lost to South Alabama and then limped and won the "West" division of the MWC - the easier side. They did beat Wyoming in the regular season

8-4 Wyoming can score some points. But they would be by far the worst defense we would have faced. They scored 66 in a game and lost. They did win the Mountain division via tiebreaker by out dueling Boise and Air Force. Their only P5 opponent was Nebraska, who handled them fairly easily. They have a 2700 yard passer and a 1600 yard rusher. But they somehow give up 30 yards per game more than they gain.

We would be a favorite against either team. SDSU could be a 35-17 type game. Wyoming could be a 56-49 shootout with Fitz running for 300 yards.

vCash
    I remember when Wyoming beat Ole Miss 2 years in a row

vCash
    Saw someone projected us Heart of Dallas Bowl on the 27th(?). Would be the day after Dak plays on MNF, which would make for a pretty sweet post Christmas trip for State fans.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WSOPdawg View Post
    Either Tempe or Las Vegas are cool as Jacksonville, Nashville, Memphis, Atlanta, etc (the site we SEC fans are accustomed to for our bowl games) do get somewhat stale year after year.
    Las Vegas has some attractions those other cities don't have though .... just take plenty of cash.

Archimedes
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Las Vegas has some attractions those other cities don't have though .... just take plenty of cash.
    And get up with 34 and see if he has a stash of his former employer (according to the black bears) product.

vCash
    Starkvegas in Las Vegas.......I can already see the tshirts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Starkvegas in Las Vegas.......I can already see the tshirts
    I'd like to see a t-shirt with Bully dressed like Elvis.

vCash
    I was so happy to see this in the Clarion Ledger today. My main thought Saturday night was that I want to see us play one more time.