Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We are ahead of Texas in APR rankings for 5-7 bowl teams

vCash

We are ahead of Texas in APR rankings for 5-7 bowl teams

From the NCAA:
    "If two or more teams have a tie in the multiyear APR, then the highest APR for the most recent single year will break the tie. This process will continue until all the bowl slots are filled."

Texas and MSU have multi-year APR's of 971. But MSU's most recent year is 970, while Texas is at 968.

They cannot go ahead of us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blacklistedbully View Post
    From the NCAA:
    "If two or more teams have a tie in the multiyear APR, then the highest APR for the most recent single year will break the tie. This process will continue until all the bowl slots are filled."

Texas and MSU have multi-year APR's of 971. But MSU's most recent year is 970, while Texas is at 968.

Good stuff, man.

vCash
    We going bowling baby

Damn Mullen is going to keep that streak alive. Unreal & this is the worst team we should have for some time.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Be sure to let every preseason #12 fan you know the time,day, and channel.

vCash
    Holy Hell!

I can't wait to taste the red and blue tears over that!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blacklistedbully View Post
    From the NCAA:

I see the same APR scores as you, but their is some goober called Samuel Chi(@theplayoffguru) on Twitter who says Texas is in because their single year APR is ahead of us 995-963. I don't know where the hell he's getting this from, and I don't post on Twitter to ask. If some of you do Twitter you might want to ask.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msudawg1200 View Post
    I see the same APR scores as you, but their is some goober called Samuel Chi(@theplayoffguru) on Twitter who says Texas is in because their single year APR is ahead of us 995-963. I don't know where the hell he's getting this from, and I don't post on Twitter to ask. If some of you do Twitter you might want to ask.
    I'm looking here: http://web1.ncaa.org/maps/aprRelease.jsp

Looks like blacklistedbully has it right as far as I can tell.

vCash
    Yeah how the hell the guy said they had a 990+ APR for Texas should have told him he was looking in the wrong spot. I think you guys are correct. Of course it is Twitter so I wouldn't believe a guy like that.

vCash
    Collegefootballnews.com has us playing in the Las Vegas Bowl against Wyoming

http://collegefootballnews.com/2016/...ctions-week-13

vCash
    Not to get ahead of ourselves, but Google Flights has a $187 round trip, non-stop New Orleans-Las Vegas flight leaving on Friday Dec. 16 and returning Sunday Dec. 18.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msudawg1200 View Post
    Looks like he's now admitting he was wrong. Us in before Texas. He was looking at the multi-yr through 2015 as a tie, then going to 2013-2014 instead of looking at single-year 2014-2015. And even then, I think he still screwed up by looking at baseball's APR instead of football.
    Last edited by blacklistedbully; 11-27-2016 at 12:46 AM.

vCash
    So far looking at bowl projections on twitter I've seen two sites that updated their projections today and both had us in:

Las Vegas Bowl vs Wyoming
    St. Petersburg Bowl vs Tulsa

Senior Member maroonwhitedawg3ddd's Avatar
    vCash
    Welp I'm going to My 7th bowl game in a row then!! HAILSTATE!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    Yeah how the hell the guy said they had a 990+ APR for Texas should have told him he was looking in the wrong spot. I think you guys are correct. Of course it is Twitter so I wouldn't believe a guy like that.
    Genetics. His parents are 1st cousins.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Collegefootballnews.com has us playing in the Las Vegas Bowl against Wyoming

http://collegefootballnews.com/2016/...ctions-week-13
    I saw one that has us in the Armed Forces bowl playing Navy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Yikes, triple option nightmare.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Please God no. That would be bad

vCash
    Looks like Armed Forces Bowl vs. Navy and Las Vegas Bowl vs. MWC Champion are the slots that will have to take the 5-7 teams. (Us and North Texas)

If UL-Lafayette or South Alabama lose next week, it would open up a Sun Belt bid or 2: Cure (Orlando), Dollar General (Mobile), New Orleans, Arizona, Camellia (Montgomery)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Looks like Armed Forces Bowl vs. Navy and Las Vegas Bowl vs. MWC Champion are the slots that will have to take the 5-7 teams. (Us and North Texas)

If UL-Lafayette or South Alabama lose next week, it would open up a Sun Belt bid or 2: Cure (Orlando), Dollar General (Mobile), New Orleans, Arizona, Camellia (Montgomery)
    What if they send us to New Orleans to play USM if ULL loses next week?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    What if they send us to New Orleans to play USM if ULL loses next week?
    I would be so happy... i might walk there to see it