Thread: Vandy- Derrick Mason

vCash

Vandy- Derrick Mason

I was wrong about him. I thought he may be the worst coach ever in the NCAA. He has Vandy playing inspired football this year.

vCash
    Mason and Vandy doin' work tonight just like they did last week.

vCash
    Good for him. Seems like a great guy.

vCash
    It has to be hard at Vandy. Good for him and Stoops. Hell of a season for those two guys.

vCash
    I thought earlier in his tenure that he was their Croom, guess I was wrong too. Can he sustain or improve at Vandy? Time will tell. P.S. Tn more over hyped than Hillary.

vCash
    I never did understand why folks on here were down on him so hard so early in his program development. I saw signs they were starting to good some good things last year. Just couldn't get over the hump. I like Mason.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chisaintdog3 View Post
    Good for him. Seems like a great guy.
    Bullshit, dude is totally classless. Did you see him the last HOUR of the game last night? He was way over the top with his celebrating/dancing for literally an hour straight.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    I was wrong about him. I thought he may be the worst coach ever in the NCAA. He has Vandy playing inspired football this year.
    He will move on to bigger job.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Bullshit, dude is totally classless. Did you see him the last HOUR of the game last night? He was way over the top with his celebrating/dancing for literally an hour straight.
    He did go over the top but he was just overwhelmed with emotion. If he continues to be a good HC, I think he will learn how to curtail that. Don't care much for their fans as they are overall an insufferable bunch when winning, but I have a hard time not liking Mason.

vCash
    If Mullen did that after an Egg Bowl win would you call that classless?

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chisaintdog3 View Post
    If Mullen did that after an Egg Bowl win would you call that classless?
    Absolutely and Mullen would be in a shitload of trouble for it too. I'm tired of the double standard in this country. Mason acted like a total jackass last night.

vCash
    Absolutely and Mullen would be in a shitload of trouble for it too. I'm tired of the double standard in this country. Mason acted like a total jackass last night.
    What double standard? Are you saying that people would be upset if a white coach danced like that but we give Mason a pass because he's black?? I thought it was awesome and color never entered my mind. Funny how the ones that think there are double standards are the ones that see color first.

vCash
    Sorry to be grammar police, but Derek Mason is the coach at Vandy.
    Derrick Mason was the WR for the Tennessee Titans/Houston Oilers during the McNair years
    The Nashville connection is funny though.

vCash
    Celebrating is not classless. It's no different than Malzalhn doing his rara fist pump. People try to dictate, categorize, and attempt for everyone to act, look, and be the same. It was awesome he was who he was. You try losing on your job,on the verge of being fired, and finally have a breakthrough and see how you act. The s*** was awesome this is 2016 not 1950

vCash
    I didn't see what he did, but Unless DMason pulled out his cock and Did pelvis thrusts toward the Tenn sidelines it was cool by me. DMason just got Vandy to 6 wins , saved his job, and beat Tenn and UGA in the same year.. I would be shocked if Vandy has ever done that before
    Plus its Tennesse and one of the most over rated and over paid coaches in the country
    The jackass and classless of those 2 coaches wears the orange and white..
    Last edited by Ari Gold; 11-27-2016 at 11:28 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    I didn't see what he did, but Unless DMason pulled out his cock and Did pelvis thrusts toward the Tenn sidelines it was cool by me. DMason just got Vandy to 6 wins , saved his job, and beat Tenn and UGA in the same year.. I would be shocked if Vandy has ever done that before
    Plus its Tennesse and one of the most over rated and over paid coaches in the country
    Agree 100%!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    I agree.

I saw it. Was it atypical? Sure. But I enjoyed seeing someone being themselves and not restrained. The guy and his team were ecstatic.

Hell he just led Vandy to back to back wins over UM and Tenn while at the same time getting bowl eligible.