Thread: Video of opening duck day at Big Lake: Holy Mother...

vCash

Video of opening duck day at Big Lake: Holy Mother...

This looks like pure insanity. Miracle no one died

https://www.facebook.com/mason.gibso...11589030305960

vCash
    I will never complain about public hunting in Mississippi ever again. Amazing nobody was shot. That one dude that ran his boat up that guy's back should be arrested for assault with a deadly weapon. Arkansas Fish and Game should be ashamed for allowing that insanity to go on.

vCash
    I could be totally wrong but I thought that was Big Lake as in Lake Calc in west LA. Is there a big Lake in Ark too?

ETA- I see that it's Arkansas now. Me thinking there is only one big Lake is the fisherman in me lol
    Last edited by BeastMan; 11-21-2016 at 12:49 PM.

vCash
    Yeah its Big Lake WMA in Arkansas. Public hunting but they allow permanent blinds apparently. You can build a permanent blind but its first come first serve, and you can leave decoys out over night from what I read. That's insane that the state would allow that to happen. Lots of stories on thee interwebs of fist fights, guns being drawn, etc. No thanks.

vCash
    just read an article from 2013 that said the state had actually torn all the blinds down, so that was just racing to the holes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckdawg View Post
    just read an article from 2013 that said the state had actually torn all the blinds down, so that was just racing to the holes.
    Absolutely insane

vCash
    As much as I love duck hunting, I would give it up before I participated in that BS. Ridiculous.

vCash
    Years ago, agfc decided, in a effort to eliminate folks holding holes all night, to have a no entrance between 1pm-4am rule. So these guys camp out at the boat ramp. Line up at the starting line before 4. What you see is them taking off at 4am.

Big Lake is a big beautiful place. But like all AR WMAs, it is more like a hostile dove shoot than an old fashioned duck hunt. The 4am boat race happens often at a few of their WMAs.
    Last edited by Maroonthirteen; 11-22-2016 at 03:41 AM.

vCash
    Yea, used to fool around on public land some up there. Still will during the middle of the week but it has gotten to crazy for me. Not worth losing my life or a friends over a duck. And it is funny they absolutely hate out of staters but sure don't mind coming down during turkey season and turkey hunting here. I am surprised more people haven't been hurt and that there have not been any serious law issues.

vCash
    I thought the place I hunt in Mississippi was insane, but its not even in the same stratosphere as that lunacy. Unfortunately, the 3.5" magnum shells, mud motors, popularity of Duck Dynasty, Migration Nation, etc. have generated a new breed of duck "hunter" that have just about ruined it for me. I know I sound like an old fart but the ones that get their jollies out of being "Extreme duck hunters" with the loudest mud motor, who can make the longest shot, who has the most Drake stickers on their truck, and who can grow the best beard have just about sent me to redfishing or the deer woods full time in the winter. Can't tell you how many times in the last 10 years we've had ducks working and some jackhole would come blowing past us on a joyride and flare our birds off. Sorry for the rant, but duck hunting used to be my passion, damn near flunked out of college because of it, but now I almost dread the season getting here. If it weren't for my 83 year old dad and me trying to keep him active I'd have probably given it up because of idiocy like that in that video.

vCash
    That was a bunch of stupid and irresponsible people. I pray that none of them had kids/teenagers with them.

vCash
    I aint about that life, fam. Not a duck in the world worth potentially harming myself or others

vCash
    That madness sure does make my quiet bow stand feel that much better...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeckleDawg View Post
    That madness sure does make my quiet bow stand feel that much better...
    And the serenity of the Louisiana marsh.