Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SEC DC salary data?

vCash

SEC DC salary data?

Does any body have the salaries of all the DCs in the SEC? I have heard anecdotally that we pay assistants a lot less than our peers, but in the words of W. Edwards Deming: "In God We Trust, Everybody Else Bring Data."

venit, vidimus, amisimus

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EngDawg View Post
    Does any body have the salaries of all the DCs in the SEC? I have heard anecdotally that we pay assistants a lot less than our peers, but in the words of W. Edwards Deming: "In God We Trust, Everybody Else Bring Data."
    I can speak for Bammer:
    2015 Kirby Smart $1.5M
    2016 Jeremy Pruitt $1M
    Last edited by TUSK; 11-20-2016 at 08:21 PM.
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    I can speak for Bammer:
    2015 Kirby Smart $1.5M
    2016 Jeremy Pruit $1M
    Wow, saved 500K and got an upgrade.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Wow, saved 500K and got an upgrade.
    We've done pretty well (pay wise) with our OC, too....

Thanks, USC!
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

Banned
    vCash
    it seems like our DC situation has been pure shit since Mullen arrived. has any other SEC team had to hire as many as we've had to in the last 8 years? it seems this last hire was not ready for the promotion Dan gave him.

vCash
    Neither was the Strength Coach Dan hired. That one sure isn't ready!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    it seems like our DC situation has been pure shit since Mullen arrived. has any other SEC team had to hire as many as we've had to in the last 8 years? it seems this last hire was not ready for the promotion Dan gave him.
    You hear those bells mother-fudder....an Air-RAID is coming and that is yo ass!

vCash
    I posted a duplicate thread on SPS. Engie was kind enough to shoot this back to me so I thought I'd post it here for those curious. It is assistant salaries for 2015.

http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/sala...ball/assistant

venit, vidimus, amisimus

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DogsofAnarchy View Post
    Neither was the Strength Coach Dan hired. That one sure isn't ready!!
    yep. and when I said "pure shit" , for the most part I'm pointing towards the stability of the position. we've had some decent ones and some not so good ones. we've not been able to hold on to the good ones. ripping into their asses on the sidelines in front of the players during a game probably doesn't promote the stability part very well.

vCash
    Looking at the list I would think that Tony Hughes took, a pay cut
    Last edited by DanDority; 11-20-2016 at 09:42 PM. Reason: Grammer

vCash
    yep. and when I said "pure shit" , for the most part I'm pointing towards the stability of the position. we've had some decent ones and some not so good ones. we've not been able to hold on to the good ones. ripping into their asses on the sidelines in front of the players during a game probably doesn't promote the stability part very well.
    I'm not picking on you about this but over half the year people have complained about him not having fire and getting on the coaches butts when they screw up. He ripped in to Hev earlier in the year on the sidelines and there were numerous post applauding him for having that fire again. Y'all really have to make your minds up which way you want it. I can tell you if those coaches left for what Mullen said during a game, they need to find a new career and never ever coach for Saban or Myer. I guarantee you they make Mullen look tame

Banned
    vCash
    I just think there is a time and place as to how and when you chew ass.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EngDawg View Post
    I posted a duplicate thread on SPS. Engie was kind enough to shoot this back to me so I thought I'd post it here for those curious. It is assistant salaries for 2015.

http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/sala...ball/assistant
    So, per that we paid more for our assistants than Ole Miss did? I guess you have to cut from somewhere when your boosters give 2 million to recruits.

Banned
    vCash
    Dan's inability to retain DC'S has earned questions. Not saying I've got the answer. Just saying.

vCash
    I just think there is a time and place as to how and when you chew ass.
    I agree with that. And during a game on the sidelines is an appropriate time. Talking in private later is also a good time. Carrying over to an everyday relationship is overboard. Doing it at every practice is overboard. But during the heat of the game...is done all the time. Dabo does it nearly every game. But you leave it on the field. And the assistants know this as part of the job.

Banned
    vCash
    I'm not sure I agree with chewing your DC'S ass in front of the defensive players is the best way. Chewing the players ass in front of the DC would be more effective in my opinion.

vCash
    Saban chews Kiffins ass every other week. Doesn't seem to hurt anybodys feelings.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    I agree with that. And during a game on the sidelines is an appropriate time. Talking in private later is also a good time. Carrying over to an everyday relationship is overboard. Doing it at every practice is overboard. But during the heat of the game...is done all the time. Dabo does it nearly every game. But you leave it on the field. And the assistants know this as part of the job.
    I remember Bill Walsh saying in an interview that he usually chewed out the assistant coaches during practice in front of a player that wasn't doing something correctly because the players tended to be closer to their position coach and the players usually responded to that by straightening up to protect the assistant.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I remember Bill Walsh saying in an interview that he usually chewed out the assistant coaches during practice in front of a player that wasn't doing something correctly because the players tended to be closer to their position coach and the players usually responded to that by straightening up to protect the assistant.
    That's not a bad point. Not claiming to have all the answers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Yeah that's a good motivator but it wasn't every practice. That's what I was saying. The main thing is leaving it on the field. Chewing them out all the time, in meetings, filmroom, etc will get old.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Saban chews Kiffins ass every other week. Doesn't seem to hurt anybodys feelings.
    We need a fired up, hard butt Mullen...except we need him to be nice to DCs**