Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sunday Morning QB- Pigs Strike Back Edition

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    If only this could go the way of the basketball hire, RA got pissed enough to take matters into his own very capable hands and shat got done. But I don't see it happening this time around to many lining up on the other side of things. Same crowd that stuck us with the status quo.
    I'm afraid you are right. Our best era as far as hiring coaches was when that group stayed the hell away with Byrne.

vCash
    You can tell our Def. Staff has no confidence in our Dbacks, because we are recruiting about 6 JUCO Dbacks. If your Dbacks
    suck you are in big trouble with today's offenses. The main problem I see is our Dline doesn't keep the Oline occupied and they are killing our Line backers. It is had to make a tackle if the Guard is blowing your ass up. Then you have safety's that can't tackle and take piss poor angles. We blitz some but never get to the QB,Does our staff just not know how to Blitz? For Me I'll take Joe Lee back. I'll bet he could stop the Hogs at least one time.

vCash
    Recruiting has caught up to us as well. We are starting a walk-on at lb and we have several walk-ons playing special teams. Put this in perspective..... Alabama is playing 5* freshmen on special teams while we have fricken walk-ons. No, we aren't going to recruit like Bama. But we need to pick up our game if we want to consistently get better every year. Until then, I expect us to be mediocre.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom View Post
    Anyone who says we can't fire Mullen gives up any right to criticize him, because that line of thinking is Mullen strategy to a T. Playing not to lose, instead of accepting what you are currently doing will never work and making a change/taking a chance.
    I didnt say we "cant". I said "we're not"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post
    I didnt say we "cant". I said "we're not"
    Same difference.

vCash
    Same difference.
    Not quite
    You're blind if you can't see improvement.....Freshmens......Strain.....Kick rocks and pound sand......Drag my Yankee ass outta here!......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JoseBrown View Post
    Not quite
    How so? All i see is that we are too afraid of what will be said in the media or what coach we may get to pull the trigger, even when we know it would be the right move. That is the definition of playing not to lose. With no thinking ahead to boot, just like Mullen.

vCash
    We will be an average team next year with a nice qb, and go 5-7. And that's if we get a defensive coordinator.

vCash
    Is it me or are we slowing down the offense some. I've been noticing the last 3 or 4 games we've been setting the OL and Fitz has been looking to the sideline for adjustments more than earlier in the season. He seems to be really helping Fitz out

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacrifice View Post
    Is it me or are we slowing down the offense some. I've been noticing the last 3 or 4 games we've been setting the OL and Fitz has been looking to the sideline for adjustments more than earlier in the season. He seems to be really helping Fitz out
    we are doing alot more "check with me's" now. Has certainly made the offense better

vCash
    we are doing alot more "check with me's" now. Has certainly made the offense better
    RP I love how hard Leo plays but I swear I saw him run himself out at least half a dozen plays last night. He's agressive which I like but he still seems a bit undisciplined and yes I know it's not just him but what your take. I know on the first long td run if he steps in the hole he makes the stop but he jumped inside. The defense is just lost. It's like we are 2 completely different teams, offense ok, defense sucks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    RP I love how hard Leo plays but I swear I saw him run himself out at least half a dozen plays last night. He's agressive which I like but he still seems a bit undisciplined and yes I know it's not just him but what your take. I know on the first long td run if he steps in the hole he makes the stop but he jumped inside. The defense is just lost. It's like we are 2 completely different teams, offense ok, defense sucks.
    Yep. He is good- but still a R-Fr. Sometimes his reads are really good...others? Not so much. Typical inconsistency you see in young players. Those bad reads and such will shrink with age

vCash
    Yep. He is good- but still a R-Fr. Sometimes his reads are really good...others? Not so much. Typical inconsistency you see in young players. Those bad reads and such will shrink with age
    I agree. Appreciate the info. At least he's playing aggressive, maybe running himself out of some plays but at least he ain't loafing. I like hearing your breakdowns(they're much better without the sarcasm lol). Wish you would do a little more breakdowns and analysis for us. Thanks.

vCash
    How so? All i see is that we are too afraid of what will be said in the media or what coach we may get to pull the trigger, even when we know it would be the right move. That is the definition of playing not to lose. With no thinking ahead to boot, just like Mullen.
    I hear Rick Ray is available.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Not sure how visible it was last night to everyone, but from the endzone you could see a lot of the defenses problems. Maybe it's been happening all year but last night it was really bad. When we would bring pressure or stunt it appears that all of our guys would all try to attack the same area of the line or gap. For instance, one play AJ Jefferson ran a cross over stunt behind whomever was playing LT, LT stays there and never stunts across, then two LB's go crashing into the same hole. Given this "gap/hole" never was even there we now had 4 defenders all trying to run through the same non existent hole and were all blocked by two O Linemen. This was on the first or second long TD run Whitney Ark heading north. Happened too many times to count and was the main reason it looked like we were playing witn8-9 defenders most plays. It was pretty pathetic to see it. I just poured a stronger drink because I knew it was gonna be a long one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Not sure how visible it was last night to everyone, but from the endzone you could see a lot of the defenses problems. Maybe it's been happening all year but last night it was really bad. When we would bring pressure or stunt it appears that all of our guys would all try to attack the same area of the line or gap. For instance, one play AJ Jefferson ran a cross over stunt behind whomever was playing LT, LT stays there and never stunts across, then two LB's go crashing into the same hole. Given this "gap/hole" never was even there we now had 4 defenders all trying to run through the same non existent hole and were all blocked by two O Linemen. This was on the first or second long TD run Whitney Ark heading north. Happened too many times to count and was the main reason it looked like we were playing witn8-9 defenders most plays. It was pretty pathetic to see it. I just poured a stronger drink because I knew it was gonna be a long one.
    I noticed it too. The linebackers did it all night. I kept telling my son that's why the holes are so big cause our defense is all bunching up. Defense just looks lost. As much as our offense has improved our defense has gone that far backwards.

vCash
    We gotta give a little love to our ol. Only given up 2 sacks in the last 3 games and we are running the football.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    This is such a stupid reply by people.

Scott Stricklin ****ed up and hired Rick Ray. He picked Ray over other guys- one of which is Joe Dooley- now the HC at FGC. Dooley has been to 3 straight postseasons and won 66 games in his 3 years there. Thats why the decision to fire Ray was taken away from Scott and Ben Howland was dumped in his lap to hire. We have seen articles about Cohen being in the room asking Mullen questions when he was hired- butwe never saw any of them when Ray was hired. Now you know why.

Throwing RR at people who suggest getting rid of Mullen may be the right thing to do is just not a smart reply. Our football program is not in disarry or called the "most dysfunctional program in America". Firing Stands had to be done. Hiring RR was a choice by Strick- but he was not our only option. Just like hiring Croom over Jimbo Fisher was an LT choice and mistake.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Youre right, hiring may go bad. Better never try to win, rather than risk losing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I noticed it too. The linebackers did it all night. I kept telling my son that's why the holes are so big cause our defense is all bunching up. Defense just looks lost. As much as our offense has improved our defense has gone that far backwards.
    Yep, our scheme last night was terrible. There were probably 4 or 5 times where we got caught with all of our defenders on the interior allowing the Arkansas linemen to just seal off the edge leaving nothing but wide open spaces for the Arkansas RB going out wide. That just can't happen repeatedly but it did.