Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunday Morning QB- Pigs Strike Back Edition

vCash

Sunday Morning QB- Pigs Strike Back Edition

1. We are not firing Dan Mullen

2. Let this sink in- We are not firing Dan Mullen. And we are the worst team in the SEC for 2016. People made fun of Boom? They are going bowling. Vandy? More wins than us and beat OM by 3 TD's. Kentucky? Beat us and going bowling. We are the worst team in the SEC. The absolute worst. Thats a hard damn product for even Jimmy Sexton to sell.

3. 661 yards given up. We didnt need any coaches at all for that. We could have just told 11 guys to go out there and do whatever they want- and we wouldnt have done any worse than 661 yards and 58 points. Gerri Green chasing WR's? Really??? He's a ****ing DE. Stop the insanity. Our defensive scheme is shit and so is our effort

4. We have now given up 108 points to Bielema the last 2 seasons. For those of you scoring at home- that's alot. Not to mention- we have given up 109 points the last 2 weeks. At least our coaches get to watch Vandy on film to see what a real defense looks like. Let Mason teach you something guys.

5. Fitz is better as a Soph than Dakota was as a Soph. He only needs 15 yards to go over a thousand yards rushing. Incredible years with his legs. He has alot of growth to go in the passing game- but with 2 more years- he will get there.

6. At least Mullen finally figured out Aeris is our starting RB. So there's that

7. We are not firing Dan Mullen.

8. 58 points. I just cant get over that. Wow. Just ran right the **** over us.

9. Fred balled out with 10 catches for 171 yards. Our offense is going to really miss him next year. We dont have a young Fred waiting in the wings. Thats obvious.

10. Its Egg Bowl week. **** you OM. How did that Leo is having to sit rumor work out for you? #ProbationPlantation better enjoy Saturday- it will be your last for awhile. 5 wins heading into the Egg Bowl and a recruiting class ranked in the 40's- thats what Hugh Freeze is now. Enjoy

vCash
    Rando,

I believe with Fitz at the helm along with Williams, we can get back to being a good football team fairly quickly with an average defense.

What steps would you take in the off season to get this defense to average?

We can blame recruiting for us not being Bama, but, after watching Vandy last night, it seems like an average defense shouldn't be all that tough to build.

vCash
    Of those 661 yards of offense, they had over 450 of them in the first half. They were on pace to get 1,000 yards last night.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Rando,

I believe with Fitz at the helm along with Williams, we can get back to being a good football team fairly quickly with an average defense.

We can blame recruiting for us not being Bama, but, after watching Vandy last night, it seems like an average defense shouldn't be all that tough to build.
    We have 4-3 personnel running a 3-4 defense. You need dominating guys on the DL that command double teams and big, physical animals playing ILB. We don't have that currently. Only pieces of a 3-4 we have that I see are Leo and Simmons. We need to go back to a 4-3 because we don't recruit well enough to run a 3-4

vCash
    Om recruiting class in the 40s now? It's been in the 50s

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post
    We have 4-3 personnel running a 3-4 defense. You need dominating guys on the DL that command double teams and big, physical animals playing ILB. We don't have that currently. Only pieces of a 3-4 we have that I see are Leo and Simmons. We need to go back to a 4-3 because we don't recruit well enough to run a 3-4
    Fair enough. Do you fire Sirmon to accomplish this?

vCash
    Also Shotgun- I'm not convinced we will be a good offense next year. Losing 4 Sr's in the 2 deep OL- 3 starters and one is our Center. Losing Fred. That's going to be a lot for us to replace.

vCash
    Agree, but do we have one player in the defensive backfield that can play the position? I see a few athletes but the are lost. Why Green isn't rushing the passer is beyond me he needs to add 15 pounds and get after it at end.

vCash
    Also Shotgun- I'm not convinced we will be a good offense next year. Losing 4 Sr's in the 2 deep OL- 3 starters and one is our Center. Losing Fred. That's going to be a lot for us to replace.
    Fair concerns, but I think we are going to be pretty good. We are so explosive at QB and I'm extremely impresses with the chemistry that A Williams and Fitz have at the mesh point of the zone read. They know each other and offer advanced deception.

Fitz takes pressure off the OL due to his mobility and dual threat. He's more mobile than Dak and defenses have to respect that because a lack discipline is a 75 yard TD whereas with Dak it was a 12 yard gain.

We'all get Story back as well. I get your concerns, but I think we've found and identity now and we'll be pretty explosive on offense. We won't score on LSU or Bama but we'll put up 30+ against KY, Ark, OM, and BYU. That alone gets us to 8 wins most likely.

vCash
    Glad you are finally on board. It is NOT the players. We have enough players to beat S Alabama, BYU, KY and ARK. None of those teams have EVER out recruited us.

2. Let this sink in- We are not firing Dan Mullen. And we are the worst team in the SEC for 2016. People made fun of Boom? They are going bowling. Vandy? More wins than us and beat OM by 3 TD's. Kentucky? Beat us and going bowling. We are the worst team in the SEC. The absolute worst. Thats a hard damn product for even Jimmy Sexton to sell.

3. 661 yards given up. We didnt need any coaches at all for that. We could have just told 11 guys to go out there and do whatever they want- and we wouldnt have done any worse than 661 yards and 58 points. Gerri Green chasing WR's? Really??? He's a ****ing DE. Stop the insanity. Our defensive scheme is shit and so is our effort

4. We have now given up 108 points to Bielema the last 2 seasons. For those of you scoring at home- that's alot. Not to mention- we have given up 109 points the last 2 weeks. At least our coaches get to watch Vandy on film to see what a real defense looks like. Let Mason teach you something guys.

5. Fitz is better as a Soph than Dakota was as a Soph. He only needs 15 yards to go over a thousand yards rushing. Incredible years with his legs. He has alot of growth to go in the passing game- but with 2 more years- he will get there.

6. At least Mullen finally figured out Aeris is our starting RB. So there's that

9. Fred balled out with 10 catches for 171 yards. Our offense is going to really miss him next year. We dont have a young Fred waiting in the wings. Thats obvious.

10. Its Egg Bowl week. **** you OM. How did that Leo is having to sit rumor work out for you? #ProbationPlantation better enjoy Saturday- it will be your last for awhile. 5 wins heading into the Egg Bowl and a recruiting class ranked in the 40's- thats what Hugh Freeze is now. Enjoy
    Last edited by ScoobaDawg; 11-20-2016 at 06:27 PM.
    You hear those bells mother-fudder....an Air-RAID is coming and that is yo ass!

vCash
    Can you explain the difference for us amateurs. I look out there and see 4 down linemen and 3 linebackers a lot of the time. How is this considered a 4-3. I assume we are just walking a linebacker up to play the DE roll but wouldn't that essentially be a 4-3?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alphadog View Post
    Can you explain the difference for us amateurs. I look out there and see 4 down linemen and 3 linebackers a lot of the time. How is this considered a 4-3. I assume we are just walking a linebacker up to play the DE roll but wouldn't that essentially be a 4-3?
    It's about alignment more than anything, if there is a d lineman over the head of the center it's a 3-4 look, if there are two d linemen over the heads of the guards it's a 4-3 look. This is ve y simplified but this is the gist.

vCash
    Agree. Other than attrition, I see our defensive staff returning, but you have to switch to a 4-3. Sirmon said in the past that he is adaptable; okay. Then, make the switch. I'm tired of seeing WLBs and safeties trying to hold edge on LOS vs OTs instead of a DE. I think our cbs only responsibility should be the wr in front of you, quit looking in the backfield at the qb on every play & letting receivers run right past you. But, I also think we need to commit to playing man, bump-run coverage. This soft zone, playing on your heels approach is not sustainable. I'm sure Buckley wants to coach the cbs that way, and playing man ends up paying off for you over the course of a season. It is also the best way that you can give yourself a chance to knock off better teams. But, Buckley needs to camp out in SFL these next 2 months and land some cb recruits that have the skills & instincts for the position b/c we don't have any of that on campus right now.

vCash
    That's what I'm saying. I look out there last night and it looks to me that a lot of the time we have 2 DTs over the guards and 2 DEs. Why is it so hard to just change the alignment and play a 4-3?

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Rando,

I would stop the insanity first. No matter our DC or scheme we play the same soft as shit defense, and that's all Mullen. Secondly we can't keep a quality DC due to dans meddling. See sentence 1.

Our largest problem is effort and want to win. You also have to want to be somewhere and have leaders that display all of these properties. Our main leader has proven the last few off seasons, he would rather be somewhere else if they'll have him. This translates into the effort we are seeing too to bottom, an effort level that has dropped off the last 3 seasons in the same proportion our team has been made up of players brought in by the lackluster recruiting effort that has been put in.

Teams and organizations take on the mentalities of their leaders. We need to fix this item and we will start winning. The talent is there, their leader doesn't inspire them to play great.

vCash

Anyone who says we can't fire Mullen gives up any right to criticize him, because that line of thinking is Mullen strategy to a T. Playing not to lose, instead of accepting what you are currently doing will never work and making a change/taking a chance.

vCash
    Really all it comes down to is that this was the most underprepared team every single week you might as well say. I've never seen so many missed tackles in my life. No physicality at all. It's not like Arkansas is a finesse team. They just line up and come right at you. Yet somehow we couldn't make any adjustments or even try to. The holes were a mile wide. Coaches call it being out of place. I call it a team ready for the season to be over with. The effort is what's been most disappointing. Yes bad schemes but I saw guys throw in the towel.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    I would stop the insanity first. No matter our DC or scheme we play the same soft as shit defense, and that's all Mullen. Secondly we can't keep a quality DC due to dans meddling. See sentence 1.

Our largest problem is effort and want to win. You also have to want to be somewhere and have leaders that display all of these properties. Our main leader has proven the last few off seasons, he would rather be somewhere else if they'll have him. This translates into the effort we are seeing too to bottom, an effort level that has dropped off the last 3 seasons in the same proportion our team has been made up of players brought in by the lackluster recruiting effort that has been put in.

Teams and organizations take on the mentalities of their leaders. We need to fix this item and we will start winning. The talent is there, their leader doesn't inspire them to play great.
    Well then we need to fire Mickey Hollimon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Om recruiting class in the 40s now? It's been in the 50s
    I see 55 on 247

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Well then we need to fire Mickey Hollimon.
    If only this could go the way of the basketball hire, RA got pissed enough to take matters into his own very capable hands and shat got done. But I don't see it happening this time around to many lining up on the other side of things. Same crowd that stuck us with the status quo.