Thread: How did Johnny Football II do? I was at game and could not watch.

vCash

How did Johnny Football II do? I was at game and could not watch.

Did he fall on his face or what?

vCash
    He wasn't terrible, but Kelly would've won that game. I'm sure spiderman is quite upset this morning

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    He wasn't terrible, but Kelly would've won that game. I'm sure spiderman is quite upset this morning
    Haha

vCash
    Yeah they lost but you can absolutely tell the kid has talent. Thank god hugh pulled that red shirt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by civildawg View Post
    Yeah they lost but you can absolutely tell the kid has talent. Thank god hugh pulled that red shirt
    He can make spectacular plays and can get himself in trouble too with his scrambling. He leaves the pocket way too quick most plays. I wish we had the players on defense to force him to stay in the pocket bc he doesn't look comfortable at all there

vCash
    He nolikey the pocket and wants to scramble.

That being said, his receivers really let him down last night. OM had tons of drops.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    He nolikey the pocket and wants to scramble.

That being said, his receivers really let him down last night. OM had tons of drops.
    Paterson is an obvious jerk, the team isn't trying hard because they want Pellerin.****

venit, vidimus, amisimus

vCash
    I live in Starkville so got home in time to see much of the second half. The major thing was that Vandy brought pressure on every play and from a different spot on the filed every time. Appeared that they had an extremely fast safety or small linebacker type that did nothing but draw a bead on Patterson every play. He was running for his life. A more experienced quarterback would have probably stood his ground and gotten the ball away in many cases. That being said, the only chance we have is to do something similar. Even a little pressure and he takes off running and throws an erratic pass. Even an amateur like me can see that.

vCash
    Shea for Heisman ...

vCash
    He scarambles just like johnny football and plays backyard football. He looks awesome at times and lost at others. Vandy put tins of pressure on him and hit him a lot. I'm sure we'll let him stand in the pocket all night. Oh and yeah, that awesome receiving crew of theirs was hot garbage last night. It was the opposite of last week. They dropped everything they could.

vCash
    Maybe Freeze is intentionally losing games so he'll be fired for losing games instead of cheating.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by benbow View Post
    I live in Starkville so got home in time to see much of the second half. The major thing was that Vandy brought pressure on every play and from a different spot on the filed every time. Appeared that they had an extremely fast safety or small linebacker type that did nothing but draw a bead on Patterson every play. He was running for his life. A more experienced quarterback would have probably stood his ground and gotten the ball away in many cases. That being said, the only chance we have is to do something similar. Even a little pressure and he takes off running and throws an erratic pass. Even an amateur like me can see that.
    Vandy also contained the edge and Shea could not get outside on his Johnny scrambles. Vandy's db's also continued to cover tightly while Shea scrambled not letting the wr's get open. If we could only do that.

vCash
    No, very happy they lost.

Excuse me and Vegas for being wrong.
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
    No, very happy they lost.

Excuse me and Vegas for being wrong.
    It was a joke... should've put an *. You've gotta admit though that you've come across as Patterson's #1 fan.

vCash
    It was a joke... should've put an *. You've gotta admit though that you've come across as Patterson's #1 fan.
    No, but I said, and believe, he has more upside than Kelly, especially between the ears
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    No, but I said, and believe, he has more upside than Kelly, especially between the ears
    That's not saying much.

vCash
    Agree but he has less upside in durability. He's like Kirk Cousins with quicker feet. Although different, Fitz is of similar talent. Both will be fun to watch even if Pay Pat is playing for LSU or Florida next year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Agree but he has less upside in durability. He's like Kirk Cousins with quicker feet. Although different, Fitz is of similar talent. Both will be fun to watch even if Pay Pat is playing for LSU or Florida next year
    Only thing, IMO, Kelly has over Sha Nay Nay, is physicality