Thread: It is kinda nice waking up,

vCash

It is kinda nice waking up,

Knowing that we have an AD now that will not allow last night to continue and is not afraid to have all of the tough conversations that need to be had to ensure that happens!

vCash
    Hahahaha hahahaha!!!! I needed that laugh!! That is hilarious!!!

QUOTE=Tripp McNeely;654222]Knowing that we have an AD now that will not allow last night to continue and is not afraid to have all of the tough conversations that need to be had to ensure that happens![/QUOTE]
    You hear those bells mother-fudder....an Air-RAID is coming and that is yo ass!

vCash
    Mullen will be back next yr if he so chooses but a complete overhaul is needed asap. I'm not sure what the answer,is the D.C. revolving door will continue and Mullen is the culprit. He stated after the game he is involved in all the defensive plans. Mullen simply won't let the other coaches do it the way they seem fit. How else is the explanation on possibly 8 D.C. in 9 yrs. Every game from hear on out will be a shootout until the defense gets straightened out. That's what Texas tech has always been for example. That's not acceptable

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripp McNeely View Post
    Knowing that we have an AD now that will not allow last night to continue and is not afraid to have all of the tough conversations that need to be had to ensure that happens!
    This post is so full of wrong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DogsofAnarchy View Post
    Hahahaha hahahaha!!!! I needed that laugh!! That is hilarious!!!

QUOTE=Tripp McNeely;654222]Knowing that we have an AD now that will not allow last night to continue and is not afraid to have all of the tough conversations that need to be had to ensure that happens!
    [/QUOTE]

You honestly think one of the most competitive people on the planet, who's used to winning and winning big, who now oversees an SEC athletic program, where football is KING, would really allow nights like last night to continue??

Would he fire Mullen, probably not, but if you've ever met Cohen or talked to him, his drive to win and be successful overcomes any kind of personal relationship that some think might be a hindrance. Scott wouldn't have had a "you have to hire an experienced D-coordinator"-type conversation...Cohen will

vCash
    As far as Cohen and talks go...one thing Cohen was always really good at was letting the pitching coach handle the pitching. I don't know how he can get that across to Dan with regards to the defense but he needs to.

vCash
    Cohen is as experienced in his role as Peter Sirmon is in his

Senior Member HereComesTheSpiral's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgsfanalongtime77 View Post
    Mullen will be back next yr if he so chooses but a complete overhaul is needed asap. I'm not sure what the answer,is the D.C. revolving door will continue and Mullen is the culprit. He stated after the game he is involved in all the defensive plans. Mullen simply won't let the other coaches do it the way they seem fit. How else is the explanation on possibly 8 D.C. in 9 yrs. Every game from hear on out will be a shootout until the defense gets straightened out. That's what Texas tech has always been for example. That's not acceptable
    Sirmon has called one game, Texas A&M.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HereComesTheSpiral View Post
    Sirmon has called one game, Texas A&M.
    I don't believe that's 100% the case. I think Dan lets them call the game until something goes wrong and then he freaks out and starts meddling is what I think happens.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I don't believe that's 100% the case. I think Dan lets them call the game until something goes wrong and then he freaks out and starts meddling is what I think happens.
    I can't blame if that happened last night. The only semi positive was we at least improved against the run after the half. Not thatvitbreally mattered.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    I can't blame if that happened last night. The only semi positive was we at least improved against the run after the half. Not thatvitbreally mattered.
    I think you have to let coaches coach because if you meddle as the head coach you might make things worse and undermine the respect your players have for the defensive coordinator. You have to trust who you hire.

vCash
    I think you have to let coaches coach because if you meddle as the head coach you might make things worse and undermine the respect your players have for the defensive coordinator. You have to trust who you hire.
    I agree up to a point. And that point takes a good bit to get to. After the season and mid way through the 2nd last night, I would have gotten more involved as well. And you also have to be true to yourself as a HC. If you are an X & O coach that is going to be your default when in trouble, if you are a motivator, developer, CEO type, etc. you have to play to your strengths. Last night was as bad as any effort or coaching from the defensive side. And you know I don't throw coaches or players under the bus usually.

vCash
    I agree up to a point. And that point takes a good bit to get to. After the season and mid way through the 2nd last night, I would have gotten more involved as well. And you also have to be true to yourself as a HC. If you are an X & O coach that is going to be your default when in trouble, if you are a motivator, developer, CEO type, etc. you have to play to your strengths. Last night was as bad as any effort or coaching from the defensive side. And you know I don't throw coaches or players under the bus usually.
    I agree to a degree. It's that I think last night was the culmination of season long micromanagement and the bottom just fell out. The reason I say that is because we have regressed since the beginning of the year.

Boomhauer
    vCash
    I agree to a degree. It's that I think last night was the culmination of season long micromanagement and the bottom just fell out. The reason I say that is because we have regressed since the beginning of the year.
    Whoever is at fault coach, coaches,players,I don't know but that was horrible effort last night the punter never seen the field that is downright horrible whoever is to blame

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawg27 View Post
    Whoever is at fault coach, coaches,players,I don't know but that was horrible effort last night the punter never seen the field that is downright horrible whoever is to blame
    What do you expect for a back up walk on punter? Who averaged 37.8 yards a punt btw last night

Boomhauer
    vCash
    What do you expect for a back up walk on punter? Who averaged 37.8 yards a punt btw last night
    No I was talking about our defense effort not stopping them their punter never seen the field we never stopped there Drive not one time

Senior Member Intramural All-American's Avatar
    vCash
    As far as Cohen and talks go...one thing Cohen was always really good at was letting the pitching coach handle the pitching. I don't know how he can get that across to Dan with regards to the defense but he needs to.
    Yeah, that's not true at all. There's a reason Wes Johnson left after 1 year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawg27 View Post
    No I was talking about our defense effort not stopping them their punter never seen the field we never stopped there Drive not one time
    Gotcha. Misread you

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripp McNeely View Post
    I want to believe this so badly. It's very alarming that Stricklin was pushing so hard for Cohen though. I'm afraid it'll be business as usual. From what I understand Cohen was a member of Stricklin's very first country club back at Kentucky. I hope I am wrong though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouDawg View Post
    I want to believe this so badly. It's very alarming that Stricklin was pushing so hard for Cohen though. I'm afraid it'll be business as usual. From what I understand Cohen was a member of Stricklin's very first country club back at Kentucky. I hope I am wrong though.
    Your not wrong.