Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I feel like Mullen will be coaching for his job next Saturday

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    This

For a 4 win team, we are actually a pretty quick fix in getting back to 8+ wins. We are like the Colts or Packers. We have the QB and system. Just have clean somethings up. Not the end of the world especially for what was known to be a tradition year.
    We're not going to win 8 next year with a new OL and losing half of our 2 deep on the DL

Bama and LSU at home- thats 2 losses.
    @Georgia, @Auburn, @UPig, @A&M makes for a tough road schedule
    Kentucky has recruited well upfront and will get nothing but better on the OL- they wont be a gimme anymore
    OM at home is no guarantee either
    BYU and @La Tech wont be easy wins either for our team in 2017

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EngDawg View Post
    We shouldn't fire Mullen or even encourage him to leave this year. That would be UM Cutcliffe stupid. Give him a year or two and let him either right the ship, or fail to were nobody can say we weren't fair.
    We should force him to get rid of his DC! Oh wait, he does that every year anyway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TimberBeast View Post
    So next year is basically a sacrificial year?
    Exactly, at this point next year is just another year to not extend Mullen's contract and see the buyout go down. It will be a wasted year but they will still expect all of us loyal fans to fork out even more for season tickets.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgsfanalongtime77 View Post
    Mullen hired him for the simple fact that nobody else more qualified wanted it. You mean to tell me there wasn't someone,anywhere in any conference with a background,wouldn't want the position The D.C. Has been nothing but a revolving door in 9 years. Mullen doesn't let the assistants do their jobs like they want. It's so obvious
    There are all manner of DCs in the FBS that would love to have our job. Even if not in the Power 5 conferences at least in any of the other lesser conferences. Why Mullen went with a LB coach out of the PAC 12 with almost no experience as a DC is beyond me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    From what I heard we hired Ray because Scott undercut our cigar boys. Kind of weird that we were able to hire Howland for the same position after thee awful seasons of Ray right?

And on that point despite Ray we now have s great basketball coach. Despite Coach O Ole Miss had 10 win seasons with Nutt and Freeze. I don't see is making much progress with Dan and even a bad hire for three years likely gets us closer to the next good one. In the past we've had interest from Steve Spurrier and Jimbo Fisher even though we were in much worse shape than now. Let Dan go.

And one thing about the media you probably haven't thought about is the reason they have the expectations for us that they do is because we tend to put up with more shit like what we've gone through this season. Most schools in the SEC don't put up with losing to South Alabama, Kentucky, giving up tons of yards to UMass and Samford and 50+ points to Alabama and Arkansas. We do. Because of fans like you who don't demand better.
    Howland was a coup all the way around. Good timing, Addidas, Stans firring forgotten about. We got lucky.

We weren't supposed to make any progress after 2013 either. Dan was finished, Anybody would be better than him. Well...
    Not saying he will pull off another 2014, but I think he has a better shot than some rookie.

The media do not wear maroon colored glasses. Our fans seem to have Alabama expectaions for some reason now.

And no I won't put up with consistent seasons like this one, but I don't think we need to be making knee jerk staffing decision because of one bad year.

venit, vidimus, amisimus