Thread: Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread: Pulled Pork Edition

vCash

Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread: Pulled Pork Edition

Probably not doing much of either but I am going to the game. I have a good feeling

vCash
    Nothing planned for tonight, but always do pork tenderloin for the UPig game.

vCash
    2nd round playoffs tonight - rematch of last years State Title Game. Hopefully Glynn Academy avenges that loss.

Boston Butt on the smoker tomorrow, and hopefully some roast Pig on TV. Special treat Sunday - bacon wrapped venison tenderloin. Fresh from the woods of Madison, Ga. Pics later this weekend.

vCash
    Pork on the grill and Mystery Romp in the glass. HAIL STATE!

vCash
    Smoked wings at Moe's. Legit. Walking in stadium

vCash
    12 hour smoke. Kept the rest simple.

vCash
    I made chicken and sausage gumbo saturday night.

Check out the color of that roux....

The smell of the trinity (onion, celery, bell pepper) hitting the roux is one of my favs...

Finished product.

vCash
    Good stuff there, Beardo. My annual post-Thanksgiving turkey gumbo is coming up soon.

I have been spending the last few weeks putting as much shelf stable food up for the girls as I can, before taking off for nine months. This weekend, put up meatballs, venison roast, soup, and chili base. All in all, I think I have over 100 individual servings of main-course items on the shelf, and another 50-70 vegtable servings.