Thread: OT-Pest Control

vCash

OT-Pest Control

So, I've been paying almost a 100 bucks every few months for the pest man to come spray at my house. I thought that was pretty steep of a price, so I started doing some research to see if I could do it myself for any cheaper. I figured if I could just get my hands on the product that is similar to what they use I could do a decent job. Anyway, I found a product on Amazon called Demand CS. Has anybody used this product or something similar to do pest control yourself?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldog2488 View Post
    So, I've been paying almost a 100 bucks every few months for the pest man to come spray at my house. I thought that was pretty steep of a price, so I started doing some research to see if I could do it myself for any cheaper. I figured if I could just get my hands on the product that is similar to what they use I could do a decent job. Anyway, I found a product on Amazon called Demand CS. Has anybody used this product or something similar to do pest control yourself?
    Depending on your particular vermin enemies, it can very likely be done for much less than $100/month...

I've a very low tolerance for certain vermin "inside the wire" and probably don't spend $100 in 3-4 years... and I live in the woods...

if interested, tell me "who is the particular enemy?", and I could go on about how I defend the perimeter....
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Positive Pest Control. Brookhaven, Ms. You can see their add on Last Chance U Seasom 1 when Co Lin beats them.

vCash
    I swear by Telstar P. Good for pretty much any insect as well as spiders. I also spray around house to help with mosquitoes. I have been very satisfied. I used to get bit by mosquitos every time I went outside. Now I only get bit when I visit the neighbors.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boodawg View Post
    I swear by Telstar P. Good for pretty much any insect as well as spiders. I also spray around house to help with mosquitoes. I have been very satisfied. I used to get bit by mosquitos every time I went outside. Now I only get bit when I visit the neighbors.
    Talstar P is what you should buy

vCash
    What controls roaches? And how are you guys applying the Talstar?
    Last edited by turkish; 11-11-2016 at 02:09 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by turkish View Post
    What controls roaches?
    Boric Acid

roaches and ants.jpg

No.

vCash
    Okay thanks for the advice on Talstar P. I will check it out. I've kind of watched the pest man when he has sprayed in the past and he made sure to get the points of entry like window seals, around the doors, etc. Any other areas I should focus on?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    Depending on your particular vermin enemies, it can very likely be done for much less than $100/month...

I've a very low tolerance for certain vermin "inside the wire" and probably don't spend $100 in 3-4 years... and I live in the woods...

if interested, tell me "who is the particular enemy?", and I could go on about how I defend the perimeter....

Honestly, I don't know the specific names of some of them, but different types of spiders and cockroaches. I've seen a few beetles as well.

vCash
    For armadillos, possums, raccoons, otters, beavers, woodchucks, rabbits, chipmunks, squirrels, stray cats, & small deer:

vermin control.jpg

No.

vCash
    One gallon sprayer. It will control roaches

vCash
    Honestly, I don't know the specific names of some of them, but different types of spiders and cockroaches. I've seen a few beetles as well.
    I don't mind the occasional spider in my house, as long as the cobwebs aren't so noticeable... they absolutely SLAY everything...

But if you've skiddish family, that may not be feasible...

No.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    For armadillos, possums, raccoons, otters, beavers, woodchucks, rabbits, chipmunks, squirrels, stray cats, & small deer:

vermin control.jpg
    Haha! Now I do have a yellow/white Lab in the backyard and she keeps all the squirrels and birds out of the backyard thats for sure!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by civildawg View Post
    One gallon sprayer. It will control roaches
    also, it's important to know what kinda roaches with which one is dealing... although I dislike all of them, I will burn my cabin and rebuild if the German Cockroach took me over...

No.

vCash
    The pest control people are licensed, and therefore can get products that you can't buy. So you may want to stick with the pros. I pay about $45/month so what you're paying isn't all that bad.

vCash
    Haha! Now I do have a yellow/white Lab in the backyard and she keeps all the squirrels and birds out of the backyard thats for sure!
    those two in the pic I posted killed an otter the other day... I witnessed the fight.... EPIC.

IMG_1118.jpg

No.

vCash
    330 conibear traps baited with Robitussin and cold chicken tenders will catch a certain kind of vermin.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg34 View Post
    330 conibear traps baited with Robitussin and cold chicken tenders will catch a certain kind of vermin.
    +1 Rep points given. I see what you did there.

vCash
    Talstar is a good product but I recommend you look at Taurus SC....this is the Silver Bullet. And it'll get those damn mole crickets too. If you follow the label you'll have no problems with pest control. Google it under DIY pest control.