vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Pellerin game stats...

Vs wofford: 2/3 23 yds 1 td 1 int
    Georgia: 2/5 11 yds 1 td 1 int
    GA southern: 1/5 20 yds 0 td 1 int

4.1 yds/pass 3 int in 13 attempts

25 rushes 96 yds 3 td rushing
    Guess I stand corrected. I'll admit I was basing it on the one time I saw him come in a game in relief. Thought he looked pretty good.

But also keep in mind...he'll be getting all the snaps in practice and will be going into each game knowing he's the starter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blacklistedbully View Post
    Guess I stand corrected. I'll admit I was basing it on the one time I saw him come in a game in relief. Thought he looked pretty good.

But also keep in mind...he'll be getting all the snaps in practice and will be going into each game knowing he's the starter.
    His rushing stats are a little deceiving. He's come in short yardage situations

vCash
    Remember the spin from unm: The next quarterback is always going to be the best one ever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Took me a minute, but I get it now. Good stuff.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    The guy has been a piece of shit seemingly his whole life. Karma catching up. Hate it for one of the good guys that gets hurt. Swag? **** that guy.
    I dont like him either but I dont want him to tear a knee. Hugh deserves it though no doubt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    The guy has been a piece of shit seemingly his whole life. Karma catching up. Hate it for one of the good guys that gets hurt. Swag? **** that guy.
    have to agree. I don't wish harm on the guy but it happened and from me not a single **** was given. the Webster injury vs fsu I felt bad because of how brutal it was visually. probably makes me a bad person,but **** Ole miss in general.
    Do I not look like a pothouse? Six foot down the bar. Go on, jog on, walk on, goodbye, bon voyage, **** off.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyQuid View Post
    have to agree. I don't wish harm on the guy but it happened and from me not a single **** was given. the Webster injury vs fsu I felt bad because of how brutal it was visually. probably makes me a bad person,but **** Ole miss in general.

vCash
    What happened to OM's season is that Freeze kept scrolling instead of typing "amen" and sharing. We've all been warned of such.
    "They live in bizarro world...up is down...yes is no...hot is cold. Now they've determined that the NCAA sends a Letter of Inquiry AFTER an investigation is basically over. Uh...NO. Not how it works." Zv2, Bafoom Motard , 10/12/15

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    In his last 5 games Kelly has thrown 7 TDs vs 5 INT's. That's a shit ratio, jackass, and indicative of a guy who makes stupid decisions.

Though Pellerin has been worse, he's never got 1st team reps, etc.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Drugs Delaney View Post
    What happened to OM's season is that Freeze kept scrolling instead of typing "amen" and sharing. We've all been warned of such.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Pellerin game stats...

Vs wofford: 2/3 23 yds 1 td 1 int
    Georgia: 2/5 11 yds 1 td 1 int
    GA southern: 1/5 20 yds 0 td 1 int

4.1 yds/pass 3 int in 13 attempts

25 rushes 96 yds 3 td rushing
    Just looked up the stats myself.

Pellerin has played in 5 games. In 3 of those 5, his adjusted QBR was higher than some of Kelly's games. In fact, one of his games was better than 7 of Kelly's 9 games. Another was better than 4 of Kelly's games, and a 3rd was better than 1 of Kelly's.

I think we'd better wait and see how well he can do if he gets all the snaps in practice and goes into each game knowing he's the starter.

You also have to consider Pellerin wasn't playing with the starters in mop-up duty, as was Kelly.

vCash
    Just looked up the stats myself.

Pellerin has played in 5 games. In 3 of those 5, his adjusted QBR was higher than some of Kelly's games. In fact, one of his games was better than 7 of Kelly's 9 games. Another was better than 4 of Kelly's games, and a 3rd was better than 1 of Kelly's.

I think we'd better wait and see how well he can do if he gets all the snaps in practice and goes into each game knowing he's the starter.

You also have to consider Pellerin wasn't playing with the starters in mop-up duty, as was Kelly.
    You can't use the QBR with that low of stats. The formula doesn't work correctly. That's why in the actual ranking of QB's you have to have so much passing or playing time. Fitzgerald, Stanley and Ross all had much higher ratings than Dak last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    You can't use the QBR with that low of stats. The formula doesn't work correctly. That's why in the actual ranking of QB's you have to have so much passing or playing time. Fitzgerald, Stanley and Ross all had much higher ratings than Dak last year.
    Then the same goes for using his stats to claim he sucks.

vCash
    Then the same goes for using his stats to claim he sucks.
    The 3 INT in 13 attempts is a tangible issue considering he has thrown one INT in every game he attempted a pass in. But bigger than that was he played nearly the entire second half against Ga So. They only got 2 fields goals and he was 1-5 trying to finish out a game with a lessor opponent with a lead. When GA So got back to 34-27 his next possession he throws a pick. The defense was able hold and their last FG to ice the game it was nothing but Judd. He had one pass, incompletion. He is a running threat but I definitely try to prove he can beat me throwing and contain his running. There is also a reason Freeze brought up Buchanan in the press conference and smoke of Patterson's shirt coming off. (I believe it when he takes his first snap)
    Last edited by Really Clark?; 11-07-2016 at 09:00 AM.

vCash
    The 3 INT in 13 attempts is a tangible issue considering he has thrown one INT in every game he attempted a pass in. But bigger than that was he played nearly the entire second half against Ga So. They only got 2 fields goals and he was 1-5 trying to finish out a game with a lessor opponent with a lead. When GA So got back to 34-27 his next possession he throws a pick. The defense was able hold and their last FG to ice the game it was nothing but Judd. He had one pass, incompletion. He is a running threat but I definitely try to prove he can beat me throwing and contain his running. There is also a reason Freeze brought up Buchanan in the press conference and smoke of Patterson's shirt coming off. (I believe it when he takes his first snap)
    Again...let's see what he can do when he gets all the first team reps, etc. You can't legitimately write off AQBR. then cherry-pick stats ti support your POV.

CK should have had more picks as well, but he had WR's bail him out quite a few times.

vCash
    Again...let's see what he can do when he gets all the first team reps, etc. You can't legitimately write off AQBR. then cherry-pick stats ti support your POV.

CK should have had more picks as well, but he had WR's bail him out quite a few times.
    I didn't cherry pick anything. You used an incredibly skewed stat that requires more numbers to even be accurate. The 3 INT in 13 attempts is a concern when 2 of those were in mop up duty. You are calling safe plays that you believe he should handle and it is an issue. But like I said the really only legit game you can scrutinize is his second half against Ga So. First team reps should help but all we have to go by is the film we have right now. That is not good throwing the ball and first team reps is not going to magically fix accuracy problems but allows the coaches to get a better feel of what he can handle to give him confidence. He can run though.
    Last edited by Really Clark?; 11-07-2016 at 09:29 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by civildawg View Post
    Nafoom is saying Patterson is expected to play
    It's a multi-million dollar decision. If Shea plays and they make a bowl, they get an extra million or so. They'll snatch his RS off for that.

vCash
    I didn't cherry pick anything. 3 INT in 13 attempts is a concern when 2 of those were in mop up duty. You are calling safe plays that you believe he should handle and it is an issue. But like I said the really only legit game you can scrutinize is his second half against Ga So. First team reps should help but all we have to go by is the film we have right now. That is not good throwing the ball and first team reps is not going to magically fix accuracy problems but allows the coaches to get a better feel of what he can handle to give him confidence. He can run though.
    BS. First team reps can make a HUGE difference. QB's and their targets need to get timing down, as well as develop a feel for where they are going on routes/break downs, etc. Confidence also makes a big diff, including the kind of confidence an athlete gets from proper game prep.

Dak talks about it all the time when asked why he plays with such poise and confidence. Says it comes from the fact he spends so much time preparing.

Oh, and that lessor opponent was giving UNM hell all game.

I hope like hell Pellerin proves to be as bad as his limited stats...but anyone counting on that is getting ahead of themselves. We simply do not know what he will be like when he is "the man" full time, getting all the 1st team reps and playing with the first team unit.

vCash
    BS. First team reps can make a HUGE difference. QB's and their targets need to get timing down, as well as develop a feel for where they are going on routes/break downs, etc. Confidence also makes a big diff, including the kind of confidence an athlete gets from proper game prep.

Dak talks about it all the time when asked why he plays with such poise and confidence. Says it comes from the fact he spends so much time preparing.

I hope like hell Pellerin proves to be as bad as his limited stats...but anyone counting on that is getting ahead of themselves. We simply do not know what he will be like when he is "the man" full time, getting all the 1st team reps and playing with the first team unit.
    I said first team reps can help. Can you read or just want to be pissy about someone disagreeing with you again. And using an incredibly inaccurate formulated stat to try and prove yourself right. First team reps will help his learning a lot, but those are not going fix accuracy issues and he has that problem with his fundamentals. Again it's why it can help him and the coaches figure what he throws the best to give him confidence. But it will show back up when he gets under pressure which he won't be feeling that heat until he gets a full game. Until he proves he can make the right throw and accurately, which the film right now does not look favorable, then he will see a heavy dose of pressure containment.
    Last edited by Really Clark?; 11-07-2016 at 09:46 AM.

vCash

Is your larger point that om might be a better team without Kelly playing? Say that out loud.