Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bama next week

vCash

Bama next week

Bama and LSU are in a good old fashioned slobber knocker.

Question - does Bama playing a very physical and grinding game help us any next week? I'm not saying a win - but just allow a more even match up against a possibly flat and battered team?

vCash
    It has not helped in recent history.....

vCash

Well, it doesn't hurt but in short the answer is "no".

NT
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    I think it could help us if they get 12-15 targeting penalties in the 2nd half**

Maybe they come in sleepwalking

vCash
    We've pondered that before, and it didn't work

vCash
    No...Dan should have won with all that talent in 14 but he went conservative and played into Satan’s hands....just hope it will be respectable...Dogs haven’t matched up well with Bama since JWS except for the Bama probation years.
    Last edited by lastmajordog; 11-06-2016 at 05:11 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lastmajordog View Post
    no...when Dan should have won with all that talent and froze in 14....just hope respectable...
    No disrespect intended, but maybe you haven't heard, today belongs to us sunshine pumpers. Back to y'alls negativity tomorrow, PLEASE.

vCash
    We got bammer raht where we wan 'em.

vCash
    We aren't coming close to beating Bama no matter what. Get that out of your head.

My hope is that kids go over there and play hard, have fun, and come away with some moral victory that builds on today.

That's it

vCash
    We will come out and give them hell then it will start to come apart after halftime.

Same ol song and dance

vCash
    **** Bama

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    We aren't coming close to beating Bama no matter what. Get that out of your head.

My hope is that kids go over there and play hard, have fun, and come away with some moral victory that builds on today.

That's it
    Agreed. I just want us to play hard and compete. I don't think we beat them. I think we do however have a chance to win against Arkansas and Ole Miss.

vCash
    Bama has a highly mobile QB. We don't do well with that.

On the flip, no one will give us a shot so throw the dice, drink a beer, make some noise, have fun, and see what happens. Sometimes you get on a heater and end up flipping off the cameras as you go to cash out. It's all about how you step up to the table.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post

Question - does Bama playing a very physical and grinding game help us any next week? I'm not saying a win - but just allow a more even match up against a possibly flat and battered team?
    Maybe the 11 AM kickoff may, since they aren't used to those, but doubtful that will have any impact on the outcome of the game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post

Saban isn't going to let his players overlook us. Guarantee the Texas A&M win will be mentioned. I just hope Fitz doesn't get hurt. Etling took a lot of hard shots tonight.

vCash
    The keys to next week, play hard, execute at a high level, no major injuries, and regardless of the outcome, take the positives into the last 2 games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oldwave View Post
    No disrespect intended, but maybe you haven't heard, today belongs to us sunshine pumpers. Back to y'alls negativity tomorrow, PLEASE.
    Didn’t mean to be negative I promise, so proud of the DOGS and especially DAN for MAKING CHANGES AND ADJUSTMENTS..... I mean ecstatic proud!! Watching Bama tonight I don’t think we match up well with their def front. I hope Dan plays them like Barn burners...and the rest of the year (ESPECIALLY THE EGG). Really REALLY like it when coaches PO’d and like arrogant confident as in the beginning and at the pregame prep talk LSU 14...
    “I don’t think they know what is about to take that field out there....I don’t think anybody knows what is about to take that field”...Dan Mullen
    Last edited by lastmajordog; 11-06-2016 at 05:51 AM.

vCash
    LSU did give us a blueprint for stopping Bama. Not predicting a win like I did vs. Texas A and M, but I have some hope.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkernhelldawg View Post
    LSU did give us a blueprint for stopping Bama. Not predicting a win like I did vs. Texas A and M, but I have some hope.
    Lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by klong-dog View Post
    Lol
    You laugh but if you keep Hurts in the pocket and make him beat you with his arm, you shut their offense damn near out. Hurts has made crucial mistakes in every first half he has played. The key to beating them is taking advantage of his early mistakes. If LSU had scored on those drives that Hurts had an INT and a fumble, LSU wins that game going away. Instead, all the Hurts mistakes didn't hurt him at all. That's why I don't think Alabama will win the national championship. Sooner or later those first half mistakes will catch up to Hurts. That's why I thought it was unbelieveably risky (and dumb) for Saban to go with a true freshman QB for this team when he didn't have to.