Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Halloween Thread

vCash

Halloween Thread

Wasn't there a thread on here a year or so ago talking about personal ghost stories? That was some good reading. Can anyone locate that? I looked but haven't been able to.

vCash
    Too lazy, but would be a good reference for future camp fire stories.

vCash
    I remember the thread. I even contributed a post.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg34 View Post
    I remember the thread. I even contributed a post.
    Was the thread on this board?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TimberBeast View Post
    Was the thread on this board?
    Thought it was. Maybe not.

vCash
    There's a long thread about this sort of thing on SPS remembers

As far as scary stories, I get the shit scared out of me every time the opposing QB drops back to pass.

venit, vidimus, amisimus

vCash
    Well then let's start one here. Here's mine. Built the house we live in now about 7 years ago. Weird stuff started happening as soon as we started moving in. We had unpacked a box of pictures and had set them on a table. We left for lunch and when we came back they were all laying face down. After we had settled in stuff really got weird. We'd start seeing shadowy figures. Both of us at the same time. One night we were in the den just talking and the radio on our receiver came on. Problem is we had lost the antennae so it should not have been able to pick up a station. I've been in bed asleep and had a hand touch my shoulder. Rolled over thinking it was my wife but she was asleep facing the other direction. The worst was one night our daughter woke up screaming in terror. Not scared...terrified. We ran in there and she was balled up in bed staring a hole through the closet door. Asked what was wrong and she said the snake. What snake? The big snake that is in the closet. Easy to chalk that up as a nightmare but that was at the height of us all seeing the shadow figures and cold spots in the house. Plus, the look on her face...didn't appear to be a dream. My son would also wake up scared and have stories of seeing shadowy figures and we never mentioned to them what we saw. Long story short we had several months of that being a regular occurrence. My wife decided to hang crosses in the kids' rooms and to specifically pray over them for protection during the night. All of the activity as far as our kids were concerned stopped immediately. Overall activity in the house basically quit. Every now and then something will happen you can't quite explain but much better.

vCash
    Well then let's start one here. Here's mine. Built the house we live in now about 7 years ago. Weird stuff started happening as soon as we started moving in. We had unpacked a box of pictures and had set them on a table. We left for lunch and when we came back they were all laying face down. After we had settled in stuff really got weird. We'd start seeing shadowy figures. Both of us at the same time. One night we were in the den just talking and the radio on our receiver came on. Problem is we had lost the antennae so it should not have been able to pick up a station. I've been in bed asleep and had a hand touch my shoulder. Rolled over thinking it was my wife but she was asleep facing the other direction. The worst was one night our daughter woke up screaming in terror. Not scared...terrified. We ran in there and she was balled up in bed staring a hole through the closet door. Asked what was wrong and she said the snake. What snake? The big snake that is in the closet. Easy to chalk that up as a nightmare but that was at the height of us all seeing the shadow figures and cold spots in the house. Plus, the look on her face...didn't appear to be a dream. My son would also wake up scared and have stories of seeing shadowy figures and we never mentioned to them what we saw. Long story short we had several months of that being a regular occurrence. My wife decided to hang crosses in the kids' rooms and to specifically pray over them for protection during the night. All of the activity as far as our kids were concerned stopped immediately. Overall activity in the house basically quit. Every now and then something will happen you can't quite explain but much better.
    Yep. I remember this one. Would've had to move

vCash
    I dated this girl from Ole Miss once. That's about as scary a story as I've got.

vCash
    Anyone else know of the ghost at the railroad tracks in Columbus?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I dated this girl from Ole Miss once. That's about as scary a story as I've got.
    I hear their back-hair is so long you can floss with it***

vCash
    3 years ago we were at my cousin's engagement party at the Greenwood Garden Club, old, old house. One of my other cousins and I were sitting at this little wrought iron table that did not have a glass top. He set his beer down and we were talking about whatnot, when his beer slid across the table about 6-8 inches. Now mind you there should not have been any way this could happen as the top of the table was not smooth. We looked at the bottle, then looked at each other and he asked if I had seen it, I said yeah I had. We got up and moved. And by the way I was drinking lemonade as I was the DD so my wife could enjoy her champagne.

vCash
    I've never encountered a ghost personally. I used to here stories about my old highschool's gym being haunted, and such and such house being haunted, but most of the time with these things it seems like it's just people telling tall tales. Every now and then I hear one from somebody who actually seems to believe they really saw or heard something.

venit, vidimus, amisimus

vCash
    That was actually me on the other MSU board. It on the sixpack remembers forum. I'd love to get that going again here if anyone has any

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Anyone else know of the ghost at the railroad tracks in Columbus?
    Nope, pls tell more

venit, vidimus, amisimus

vCash
    In the category of "Ledends of NE MS" there is supposedly a ghost ship on the Tombigbee River. I think it is supposedly a steamboat that caught fire and burned until she sunk way back in the day. The legend is that the flaming boat will appear as a sign of impending doom.

EDIT: http://www.cdispatch.com/opinions/article.asp?aid=37506
    Last edited by EngDawg; 10-31-2016 at 07:39 PM.

venit, vidimus, amisimus

vCash
    Isn't there supposed to be a building on campus with the top floor haunted? Wanting to say it started with an M.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EngDawg View Post
    In the category of "Ledends of NE MS" there is supposedly a ghost ship on the Tombigbee River. I think it is supposedly a steamboat that caught fire and burned until she sunk way back in the day. The legend is that the flaming boat will appear as a sign of impending doom.

EDIT: http://www.cdispatch.com/opinions/article.asp?aid=37506
    Does the rest of our football season count?

vCash
    Isn't there supposed to be a building on campus with the top floor haunted? Wanting to say it started with an M.
    It's Montgomery, supposedly the Satanist club met in there for a time or some such ridiculous thing.

venit, vidimus, amisimus

vCash
    Burn to the ground.........restart after that.....