Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Weather geeks, talk to me

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbite View Post
    We are a cow college, go buy yourself a farmers almanac!
    Thank you. It is at least as accurate as a meteorologist.

vCash
    Jeez guys... let's fight about firing Mullen or something, not career choices

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Barkman Turner Overdrive View Post
    So, does the OP need to water his food plot or not? A scientist could answer that. You never answered that question. You can cram that so-called scientific degree right up your ass.
    Go sit down. Have a nice little timeout.
    B.S. Geosciences, Professional Meteorology Concentration, Operational Emphasis
    c/o 2015
    Mississippi State University
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    Scientist can't tell me what the weather is going to do 10 days out... but I'm supposed to believe what the scientists say the earth is going to do 50 years from now??? #notbuyingthehoax

vCash
    Thank you. It is at least as accurate as a meteorologist.
    Because everything an engineer does is correct the first time. Is medical studies science? I guess the medical field has seen no chdnges over time. Damn pseudo science. Should you tell your doctor to shove his degree up his ass or should I?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphus Raymond View Post
    Do you see ANY hints that this dry-spell will break in November? I understand that long-range predictions are difficult to make, but when do you think we will enter a "wet" phase? This sucks.
    To answer your question, there are hints the pattern will change and rain will return by the middle of the month. That said, forecast accuracy markedly decreases beyond 10 days. What is bad about drought is that drought conditions cause a feedback making drought conditions more likely. The ground loses all its moisture so there is no evaporation for the solar heating to overcome so all its energy goes into heating the ground and the air above it. If this were happening in August we'd all be baking in triple digit heat. But sooner or later a front will have enough punch to break down this ridge and give us rain.

vCash
    So, does the OP need to water his food plot or not? A scientist could answer that. You never answered that question. You can cram that so-called scientific degree right up your ass.
    Good lord dude

vCash
    Damn, all I wanted to know was when I could expect some duck holes to fill up and all I accomplished was starting a family feud.
    For the record, meteorology is a science in its early stages.

vCash
    Dude you come into a weather thread and bash meteorologists then get butt hurt about his response. Grow up Peter Pan. What a clown.

Btw I appreciate the weather info we get on here y'all do a good job.

vCash
    Love the weather and all the science associated with it. The complexity and dynamics of the atmosphere is unrivaled. Thanks for the input Ref and Starkvegas. Nothing more boring to me than a calm cloudless day and nothing more exciting than a day of possible violent weather. Can never get over the unbridled power of a severe thunderstorm.

Banned
    vCash
    All BTO said that meteorology is not as exact of a science as engineering. And he's right. It sounds to me like the weather guys are the ones getting butt hurt.

It is what it is. I respect weathermen but if you don't like being wrong from time to time it's the wrong field for you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Taog Redloh View Post
    All BTO said that meteorology is not as exact of a science as engineering. And he's right. It sounds to me like the weather guys are the ones getting butt hurt.

It is what it is. I respect weathermen but if you don't like being wrong from time to time it's the wrong field for you.
    No, he said it was not a science. Saying it's not an exact science is ok, saying it's not a science is insulting. To that extent, the medical profession is not as exact a science as engineering. Doesn't make it less a science. The whole concept of true science is new truths are discovered that changes how things are done.

vCash
    ...this guy.

vCash
    Here is the latest per the GFS. It is showing some much needed rain finally moving through the area between 11/8 and 11/10. The map below shows the total rainfall expected during this time. While this is still several days out and barely inside the 10 day window for when I start to think there may be something to it, a lot can still change. That said, there has been some consistent hits of a system moving through during this time period among several models. I'm cautiously optimistic we may see some much needed rain at some point around this time frame. As my crystal ball gets a better handle on things updates will be provided.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Taog Redloh View Post

Once again you don't read shit before shooting your ccksucker off. Bto got this cranked up with the gypsy comment. Stay out of shit that ain't your shit.

vCash
    Thanks starkvegasdawg. The above referenced map is very encouraging. About 2.3 inches of rain would really change my outlook on life right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphus Raymond View Post
    Thanks starkvegasdawg. The above referenced map is very encouraging. About 2.3 inches of rain would really change my outlook on life right now.
    It would everybody's I think. I'm hoping when the CFS and GGEM update around lunch they will also show this. Right now they are still showing dry, but that was from the 7:00pm run yesterday. The Euro is also showing a chance at this rain and it is one of the most reliable models out there. Fingers crossed.

vCash
    I'll add my worthless two cents. I manage large construction crews. I spend a fair amount of my time "re-engineering" and helping engineers understand how the real work works. I'd say weather is as much a science as engineering. They are both much needed and much appreciated. Neither are perfect.

And BTO was being a ..........

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash
    FWIW, there is a 30-40% chance on Thursday of some showers and thunderstorms associated with a "cool" front. Take that as you wish.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    I'm a ChemE and we are by no means always perfect. If we were we wouldn't have a job. In my line of work at least, we are continually fighting the changing properties of the oil and contaminants, just trying to keep it between the ditches of performance without breaking the bank on costs. An exact science platform used in an non exact science implementation. Almost mad scientists type. Sometimes frustrating but never monotonous.