Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: From "9 over 3" to Alford writing this...

vCash

From "9 over 3" to Alford writing this...

My how times have changed.

http://djournal.com/sports/parrish-a...estions-begin/

"Some in the national media have suggested that Ole Miss self-impose a postseason ban for this season. Whatever bowl the Rebels reach will be a drop of several tiers from the New Year’s Six games of the last two seasons.

That’s an interesting thought. It would be a bone the school could throw to the NCAA, but the NCAA is going to do what it wants to do when it wants to do it. It will eventually put its own stamp on the investigation. It’s put too much time into this to believe it will only accept penalties already imposed by the school and simply move on."
    Last edited by Leroy Jenkins; 10-28-2016 at 01:02 AM.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    And reality is starting to sink in!

vCash
    It hasn't completely set in, because he does say that HF can recruit them back into the last 2 years, but it will be tough due to scholly reductions. He's not going to be the coach for anyone next year

Banned
    vCash
    Yeah there is no reality setting in. Alford says Freeze recruited them out of their lowest state before, AND will do it again! Does this idiot not know the entire investigation is based on him cheating to get those recruits??! Does he not get that there is a very strong likelihood Freeze will not be the coach next year??!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thick View Post
    It hasn't completely set in, because he does say that HF can recruit them back into the last 2 years, but it will be tough due to scholly reductions. He's not going to be the coach for anyone next year
    Are they really too damn stupid to realize that the ONLY reason Freeze recruits like he does, is because of the cheating? I keep seeing OM people say "we'll take our penalty and then be back to the level we were last year in a few years". I don't think these fools realize the severity of this. Not only could this be crippling sanctions, but it will cut out the one thing they've done illegally to get to where bowling is even a yearly option....not to mention they may lose the guy that orchestrated it all from behind his phony pulpit. It just blows my mind seeing Rebel fans acting like this will be a one year speed bump and then it's back to what they've been doing. I don't think most of them know football enough to realize that this COULD be a nuclear bomb that destroys their program for 10 years or so. (Here's to that being the case.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky Dog View Post
    Yeah there is no reality setting in. Alford says Freeze recruited them out of their lowest state before, AND will do it again! Does this idiot not know the entire investigation is based on him cheating to get those recruits??! Does he not get that there is a very strong likelihood Freeze will not be the coach next year??!
    Beat me to it. My thoughts exactly

vCash
    I was all for a speedy resolution to this NCAA trouble, but now I wouldn't mind if it stretched into next season. This threat of trouble has finally at least really slowed down their boosters and their class could really be bad. If they have 1 more class like this before probation even starts, they'll be getting 20-30 pts in every sec game once probation hits

vCash
    What is to stop them from hiring Freeze after his show cause and going back to business as usual in 2-5 years? Didn't UCLA either do the same thing or demote a coach to a non-coaching position after a show cause?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coackjek View Post
    What is to stop them from hiring Freeze after his show cause and going back to business as usual in 2-5 years? Didn't UCLA either do the same thing or demote a coach to a non-coaching position after a show cause?
    If they re-hired freeze after a show cause, the NCAA would set up a field office in Oxford

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    If they re-hired freeze after a show cause, the NCAA would set up a field office in Oxford
    Kinda figure that as well. But OM has shown they are arrogant enough to do it. Because they continue to crow about his innocence.

vCash
    Soon. It's coming. Prepare thy anus.

vCash
    I really think that with his involvement, the number of lvl 1 violations (that total could increase), the number of players that have rolled on him, and the fact that none of his assistants have been canned (someone's going to roll on him to reduce their show cause) that he won't coach at a D1 school again. The new rules that place a lot of accountability on the HC really could/should end his coaching career.

vCash
    What's the 30for30 going to be? "Hugh, the Hacker, and the Hooker" ??
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Hey Alford, have why haven't you published this documentation yet? You wrote the story May 2nd.
    http://djournal.com/sports/parrish-a...-in-paperwork/
    "Sources say the school will be able to document that money given to Tunsil was done so through the NCAA Student Assistance Fund. If so, a request to help with rent or utilities is likely an allowable use of the fund."

I think we all know the answer but the in-state rebelbearshark-run media and the people that live in the land of cold chicken tenders prefer to whistle past the graveyard instead of accepting the truth.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thick View Post
    I really think that with his involvement, the number of lvl 1 violations (that total could increase), the number of players that have rolled on him, and the fact that none of his assistants have been canned (someone's going to roll on him to reduce their show cause) that he won't coach at a D1 school again. The new rules that place a lot of accountability on the HC really could/should end his coaching career.
    THIS^^^^^

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky Dog View Post
    With his hands tied this years recruiting is mid 50s. That in itself shows any normal thinking person that he can only recruit with extra benefits. If Oxford was still so awesome he would have a top 5 class NCAA be damn

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner34 View Post
    Hey Alford, have why haven't you published this documentation yet? You wrote the story May 2nd.
    http://djournal.com/sports/parrish-a...-in-paperwork/
    "Sources say the school will be able to document that money given to Tunsil was done so through the NCAA Student Assistance Fund. If so, a request to help with rent or utilities is likely an allowable use of the fund."

I think we all know the answer but the in-state rebelbearshark-run media and the people that live in the land of cold chicken tenders prefer to whistle past the graveyard instead of accepting the truth.
    Rep given!!! Outstanding!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I was all for a speedy resolution to this NCAA trouble, but now I wouldn't mind if it stretched into next season. This threat of trouble has finally at least really slowed down their boosters and their class could really be bad. If they have 1 more class like this before probation even starts, they'll be getting 20-30 pts in every sec game once probation hits

The NCAA really needs to bring this chapter to a close so that they can start on the next one (because you know TCUN can't help themselves and will be up as a repeat offender within 3 years). I'm ready to hammer their ass, let's go NCAA, enough's enough already.

I'm ready to see crocodile tears from the TCUN faithful (who btw swear they've done nothing wrong even though their cheating ways have come at the expense of MSU and the rest of the SEC).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Are they really too damn stupid to realize that the ONLY reason Freeze recruits like he does, is because of the cheating? I keep seeing OM people say "we'll take our penalty and then be back to the level we were last year in a few years". I don't think these fools realize the severity of this. Not only could this be crippling sanctions, but it will cut out the one thing they've done illegally to get to where bowling is even a yearly option....not to mention they may lose the guy that orchestrated it all from behind his phony pulpit. It just blows my mind seeing Rebel fans acting like this will be a one year speed bump and then it's back to what they've been doing. I don't think most of them know football enough to realize that this COULD be a nuclear bomb that destroys their program for 10 years or so. (Here's to that being the case.)
    Short answer- yes they are too damn stupid.

But that makes the end of this more fun for us when the bomb goes off!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coackjek View Post
    If you though that the NCAA coming after Jackie was bad that would top it. I hope they do it.