Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OT: Warriors got crushed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DudyDawg View Post
    I disagree on Durant. If he is the 4 against teams like Clippers or Spurs where he has to guard a 4 that can post him, he will struggle on that end.
    The Warriors don't really play a traditional man-to-man defense, especially not with the 'death lineup'. That lineup will continue to be elite defensively.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    The Warriors don't really play a traditional man-to-man defense, especially not with the 'death lineup.

Which is why they will have problems against those teams with a post up 4. All it took last night was Pau and LA in high low and they couldn't stop them. When they don't play traditional, i.e. Switch constantly, they will be punished by teams with a post up 4 bc it will be Durant on the 4 or a small getting switched to him. Clippers probably won't give them as much trouble with 2 bigs because deandre Jordan can't do anything but dunk so they can dig and double the post on Blake Griffin. Can't do that against the spurs. The death lineup isn't defensively elite, they are elite at playing fast and shooting. Spurs slowed that unit down last night and dominated inside and on the glass bc the warriors lost 3 7footers. They will struggle defensively inside

vCash
    The Cavs have a much better overall roster than the Warriors. Also, anybody who thinks Westbrook was the arrogant one in OKC hasnt been paying attention. Durant isnt as good as Westbrook, he's not the leader he is, and he's not the defender he is. Thunder were up 3-1 as you all know and Durant proceeded to have the worst 4th quarters of his career and blew it in game 6 and 7

vCash
    Which is why they will have problems against those teams with a post up 4. All it took last night was Pau and LA in high low and they couldn't stop them. When they don't play traditional, i.e. Switch constantly, they will be punished by teams with a post up 4 bc it will be Durant on the 4 or a small getting switched to him. Clippers probably won't give them as much trouble with 2 bigs because deandre Jordan can't do anything but dunk so they can dig and double the post on Blake Griffin. Can't do that against the spurs. The death lineup isn't defensively elite, they are elite at playing fast and shooting. Spurs slowed that unit down last night and dominated inside and on the glass bc the warriors lost 3 7footers. They will struggle defensively inside
    Have those teams given them particular trouble in the past?

And yes, the death lineup is absolutely defensively elite.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GTHOM View Post
    The Cavs have a much better overall roster than the Warriors. Also, anybody who thinks Westbrook was the arrogant one in OKC hasnt been paying attention. Durant isnt as good as Westbrook, he's not the leader he is, and he's not the defender he is. Thunder were up 3-1 as you all know and Durant proceeded to have the worst 4th quarters of his career and blew it in game 6 and 7
    You're also a Thunder fan with a severe dislike of Durant.

vCash
    Have those teams given them particular trouble in the past?

And yes, the death lineup is absolutely defensively elite.
    No, but they had Andrew bogut, Festus Ezeli, and Mo Speights. They got KILLED on the glass last night.
    ETA- disagree on them being elite. Draymond, yes, Klay is a good perimeter guy, but steps can't guard and Durant can't down low.
    ETA 2- I still think they are the 1 seed in the west, will be in the conference finals. I don't think they'll win it all though. Especially if they play San Antonio
    Last edited by DudyDawg; 10-26-2016 at 01:21 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    I take it you have followed that story. Westbrook is the team guy and Durant wasn't. Durant was the arrogant one that needed his ego stroked. That story has done a 180 since that assumed narrative you hold popped up 4ish years ago. Westbrook is a class dude. Both Jordan & Kobe have said he's their favorite player. I linked 2 articles that reenforce what I'm saying. I'd build a franchise around Westbrook, not a soft cry-baby quiter weirdo like Durant

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/russell...185712618.html

https://www.google.com/amp/www.si.co...?client=safari
    You can link 100 articles. I can't stand the guy. His little dances and bullshit he does. On the court, Westbrook looks like the arrogant one to me. But I don't watch NBA until playoffs so maybe I just caught him a couple bad times

vCash
    No, but they had Andrew bogut, Festus Ezeli, and Mo Speights. They got KILLED on the glass last night.
    ETA- disagree on them being elite. Draymond, yes, Klay is a good perimeter guy, but steps can't guard and Durant can't down low.
    ETA 2- I still think they are the 1 seed in the west, will be in the conference finals. I don't think they'll win it all though. Especially if they play San Antonio
    And this year they have Zaza Pachulia, Anderson Varejao, JaVale McGee, and Damian Jones. The guys you listed are mostly just bodies, and they replaced them.

I don't care what you think their 1-on-1 defensive abilities are; the reality is that their death lineup, the one with Curry, Thompson, Igoudala, Barnes, and Green has been elite defensively and has destroyed teams. That is a fact.

vCash
    And this year they have Zaza Pachulia, Anderson Varejao, JaVale McGee, and Damian Jones. The guys you listed are mostly just bodies, and they replaced them.

I don't care what you think their 1-on-1 defensive abilities are; the reality is that their death lineup, the one with Curry, Thompson, Igoudala, Barnes, and Green has been elite defensively and has destroyed teams. That is a fact.
    McGee is a nutcase and didn't play last night, as did Varejao as far as meaningful minutes that I can remember. Anderson couldn't get on the floor over those 3 "bodies" last year (which includes an established vet, freak 7 foot athlete who unlike McGee has a head on his shoulders and can defend in Ezeli, and a former #1 pick). All of their bigs this year are a significant downgrade from last season. Zaza is a decent player, but he is not as good as any of the other 3 they lost. Look at last nights rebound margin for the first 3 quarters before the game was decided.

They haven't destroyed teams bc of lock down defense. They ran and shot people out of the building. Durant is also not as consistent defensively as Barnes, he's got too many offensive responsibilities. I don't know how you can call it a fact that they are elite when only 1 of them is an elite defender and he's undersized by about 4 inches, and also completely disregard 1 on 1, you know, DEFENDING.

San Antonio showed the blue print last night: kill them on the glass, slow the game down when you play the first unit and run the bench to death.
    Last edited by DudyDawg; 10-26-2016 at 02:33 PM.

vCash
    Hey Smoot, I think this thread deserves a bump. We tried to tell them. Looks like replacing Harrison Barnes with Kevin Durant worked out pretty well.

vCash
    They have voted not to visit the Whitehouse since they haven't been invited.

vCash
    Dayum.... that's a helluva "bump".....

Where's that "Miles>Saban" thread, when ya need it?
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17