Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Scott Wetherbee named interim MSU athletic director

vCash
    This Scott > Previous Scott...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reunion Dog View Post
    We have some spineless leadership running our Alma Mater...
    What are you talking about?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mic View Post
    This Scott > Previous Scott...
    If this is true, then why on earth are we not just giving him the permanent job?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I think so too. Let Cohen finish this baseball season and then start the real search... baseball coach
    Why would we go almost an entire school year with an interim athletic director? There is a lot of stuff that can happen between now and then and waiting that long would not be a good thing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Why would we go almost an entire school year with an interim athletic director? There is a lot of stuff that can happen between now and then and waiting that long would not be a good thing.
    If my theory if true and I could certainly be wrong, we have an AD.

vCash
    Personally I think this means Cohen is going to be the AD. They are just waiting until after this baseball season to do it so we are not having to find a baseball coach this close to the season.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    It could be Cohen but if it is they aren't waiting until after the baseball season to announce it. After fall ball maybe.

vCash
    IYOK I think you are correct. I don't have a problem with Cohen but the agenda boys may been led out the building in white straight coats if indeed he is selected.

I'm beginning to think Mullen will be back now, seeing the recruiting class in place with the potential of getting a few more highly recruited guys on board may be our best ever class, for sure Mullen's.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    It could be Cohen but if it is they aren't waiting until after the baseball season to announce it. After fall ball maybe.
    Who gives a flying flip about Fall Ball. If its going to be Cohen then waiting until AFTER baseball season makes sense. Hiring a baseball HC during this timeframe is just very awkward. Most guys don't want to desert the programs they are at during the middle of the athletic year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    I think with our tradition and the new up grades to the stadium we are a top 5 program that a coach would consider. If not At lest top 10.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Who gives a flying flip about Fall Ball. If its going to be Cohen then waiting until AFTER baseball season makes sense. Hiring a baseball HC during this timeframe is just very awkward. Most guys don't want to desert the programs they are at during the middle of the athletic year.
    Lol the Athletic Director has to oversee every ****ing sport it's not just one baseball season that matters here. Waiting till next summer because y'all don't wanna mess with a baseball season is straight retarded.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Lol the Athletic Director has to oversee every ****ing sport it's not just one baseball season that matters here. Waiting till next summer because y'all don't wanna mess with a baseball season is straight retarded.
    Pretty retarded to me hiring Cohen in the first place, Weatherbee is probably more qualified but whatever. But yes, I would at least like to have the chance to get the best head baseball coach we can find since I don't want this freakin' AD mess to cause us to go backwards in one of the 3 sports I actually care about.. If Cohen is going to be the guy he can still do plenty in the background without having the official title yet.

Banned
    vCash
    Pretty retarded to me hiring Cohen in the first place, Weatherbee is probably more qualified but whatever. But yes, I would at least like to have the chance to get the best head baseball coach we can find since I don't want this freakin' AD mess to cause us to go backwards in one of the 3 sports I actually care about.. If Cohen is going to be the guy he can still do plenty in the background without having the official title yet.
    I'd rather have the new coach than Cohen calling bunts in the 1st inning anyways. They can find a baseball coach in 3 months.

vCash
    Auburn hired Butch at this time last year.

vCash
    Yep, but it was bad timing and Cohen was not happy about the timing. If we are just intent on hiring an assistant to be our coach (which is riskier) then it won't be a huge factor but I would like to think we could potentially hire a good sitting HC from somewhere. That will be much less likely this time of year.

vCash
    Yep, but it was bad timing and Cohen was not happy about the timing. If we are just intent on hiring an assistant to be our coach (which is riskier) then it won't be a huge factor but I would like to think we could potentially hire a good sitting HC from somewhere. That will be much less likely this time of year.
    And what about the rest of the university athletics programs in the meantime? That's more pressing than who the baseball coach is going to be. And the fact that I am such a big baseball fan making that comment should make you understand why it makes zero sense to wait that long to promote Cohen at that time.

vCash
    Be funny Butch was his first hire as AD.

vCash
    Hope not....I like Butch and would like him to be our HC one day but he needs to prove himself down at Auburn before he comes back home.

vCash
    My worry is that Cohen is named AD in a few weeks and we turn the program over to Henderson as an interm HC. He does well and the interm is taken off next June.

vCash
    And what about the rest of the university athletics programs in the meantime? That's more pressing than who the baseball coach is going to be. And the fact that I am such a big baseball fan making that comment should make you understand why it makes zero sense to wait that long to promote Cohen at that time.
    Guess I will repeat myself but as stated Scott Wetherbee on paper is more qualified to be our next AD than Cohen is. SO I personally believe he can handle the job for now with our other athletics if Cohen is essentially the AD "in waiting". And its not like Cohen is 3 states away, if he is going to be the guy he can certainly be consulted with on any decisions of note. I mean they are all resident in the same building. Believe you guys are making a bigger deal out of waiting than it is. I'll just tell you that there will be a lot of head baseball coaches out there that will not leave their school in the middle of the academic year if our job is open because of the bind it puts their current school in. That is just a fact.
    Last edited by maroonmania; 10-26-2016 at 05:23 PM.