Thread: Nick Gibson

vCash

Nick Gibson

I know I saw him make 1 good block and also thought he picked up a blitz a couple of times. He ran harder and had better vision IMO than any of our backs I've watched this year. I didn't record this game, so I can't go back to make sure what I thought I saw is accurate. During game I kept flipping back and forth watch Fournette thump OM.

If what I saw is accurate, why is this kid not our bell cow RB??

vCash
    He just now learned the offense. Got another year or so before we can trust him to execute it correctly.

vCash
    All the upperclassmen can miss assignments and/or get blown up on a play due to physical limitations. Underclassmen seem to have to be perfect to crack the starting lineup.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    All the upperclassmen can miss assignments and/or get blown up on a play due to physical limitations. Underclassmen seem to have to be perfect to crack the starting lineup.
    That's fascinating to me.

Jalen Hurts can start for Bama as a true Frosh. If he had come here, he sees the field as a redshirt Soph at the earliest.

Amazing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post

Jalen Hurts can start for Bama as a true Frosh. If he had come here, he sees the field as a redshirt Soph at the earliest.

Amazing.
    Ain't that something?? Hurts screws up all the time too, but Saban be sticking with him. Course Hurts makes up for it with some great plays too. And he's screwing up less and less.

Gotta leave them in the game so they can learn how to start minimizing those mistakes.

Senior Member messageboardsuperhero's Avatar
    vCash
    Veterans can blow assignments in the secondary, drop crucial passes, make dumb holding/false start penalties, horse collar the opposing ball carrier in a crucial situation (even though it wasn't called), fail to set the edge, miss block after block, fumble the ball on your own side of the field, etc.

But the second that Aeries Williams runs the wrong way on hand-off in BR, we don't see him again for the rest of the game. Such is the Mullen way.

vCash
    Nick Gibson showed last night that our coaches are geniuses. *

vCash
    Gibson rushed for over 2,000 yards for Pinson as a Junior in high school. He's the real deal..... our coaches are complete idiots and have no idea how to evaluate talent at the running back position.

vCash
    Gibson supposedly had an offer from Saban. Can any other running back on our roster make that claim? Chew on that for a while. It's maddening.

vCash
    Dear and Gibson look like our best RBs. To bad Dear is playing FREAKIN SLOT RECIEVER!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacrifice View Post
    Dear and Gibson look like our best RBs. To bad Dear is playing FREAKIN SLOT RECIEVER!
    Dear needs to be told if he wants to play wr next season to be at 215 or less. If he's still on the heavy side, he'll be at rb

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Dear needs to be told if he wants to play wr next season to be at 215 or less. If he's still on the heavy side, he'll be at rb
    The coaches need to tell Dear your playing RB or your not playing. That's where your teams needs you.
    He's not a WR, he's a RB with great hands. He had our longest TD run last year and it looks like he's gonna have our longest one this year.
    As for him not liking contact, he trucked straight through 2 guys last night without blinking an eye

vCash
    As for him not liking contact, he trucked straight through 2 guys last night without blinking an eye
    Actually, after rewatching the first guy drilled home and knocked home right into the second guy who "stood him back up". Awesome that he stayed on his feet and then hit the jets.

vCash
    The coaches need to tell Dear your playing RB or your not playing. That's where your teams needs you.
    He's not a WR, he's a RB with great hands. He had our longest TD run last year and it looks like he's gonna have our longest one this year.
    Dear looks like an outstanding RB. Him playing slot is just baffling.

vCash
    Why is that so hard for you to understand? Hell, my mama could do a decent job at QB behind Bama's O-Line. And ummm, have you noticed how well a certain rookie QB is playing in the NFL behind one of, if not, the best O-Lines in the league? A stellar offensive line makes learning on the job a heck of a lot easier and especially when you add a high level of skills to the mix.

vCash
    My reply was to ScottH's post:

Amazing.