Thread: Charlie Strong

vCash

Charlie Strong

Surely that pretty much does it for him huh? Lost to 3-3 Kansas State today.

vCash
    Yeah, he's probably gone.

Will be interesting to see if Herman would rather coach at Texas or LSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post

Texas

Why choose to face saban?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Texas

Why choose to face saban?
    I agree and don't think Herman will even have to think about it. Texas is a much better job than LSU for many reasons.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    I agree and don't think Herman will even have to think about it. Texas is a much better job than LSU for many reasons.
    I agree but does the way the Big 12 appears to be going influence that?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post

I thought about this earlier today and decided if I had my choice (as Herman does among several options) that no way in hell would I wanna subject myself to the Longhorn politics that can make it so difficult. At LSU, you gotta figure Saban won't be around too much longer. I choose LSU if I was Herman (which sux for us).

vCash
    Politics aren't a lot different at UT than they are at LSU. Having said that, I agree that Texas is the better job for a number of reasons.

vCash
    Too bad we could not get Strong as DC.

vCash
    And KSU has beaten TX 5 times in a row.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WSOPdawg View Post
    I thought about this earlier today and decided if I had my choice (as Herman does among several options) that no way in hell would I wanna subject myself to the Longhorn politics that can make it so difficult. At LSU, you gotta figure Saban won't be around too much longer. I choose LSU if I was Herman (which sux for us).
    Lol. Longhorn politics pale in comparison to coonass politics.

vCash
    Oh, disagree 100%... why was Lester allowed to under-perform with the program for so long? Strong isn't getting but 3 years?

Political shenanigans in the SEC ranks as 1) Florida, 2) Auby, 3) Bama, 4) TCUN.

LSU imo has been relatively tame as of late.

vCash
    Oh, disagree 100%... why was Lester allowed to under-perform with the program for so long? Strong isn't getting but 3 years?

Political shenanigans in the SEC ranks as 1) Florida, 2) Auby, 3) Bama, 4) TCUN.

LSU imo has been relatively tame as of late.
    No. LSU owns 1st place in that category in the SEC for sure. I guess 10 wins a year is under performing. Saban wanted out of LSU due to politics and local media. They are idiots.

Strong has been terrible at Texas and has been there three years and hasn't been fired yet. Texas would be a much better/safer job than LSU. I wouldn't even have to think about it if it were me.

vCash
    Are there any diehard Longhorn football fans left?

vCash
    No. LSU owns 1st place in that category in the SEC for sure. I guess 10 wins a year is under performing. Saban wanted out of LSU due to politics and local media. They are idiots.

Strong has been terrible at Texas and has been there three years and hasn't been fired yet. Texas would be a much better/safer job than LSU. I wouldn't even have to think about it if it were me.
    10 wins a year is under-performing when you are consistently picked top-5 in the nation yet finish #10 or lower. LSU could've finished tremendously better without Miles yet the "politicians" at LSU allowed him to remain, hence they rank behind the four SEC teams I listed above.

vCash
    10 wins a year is under-performing when you are consistently picked top-5 in the nation yet finish #10 or lower. LSU could've finished tremendously better without Miles yet the "politicians" at LSU allowed him to remain, hence they rank behind the four SEC teams I listed above.
    I think LSU could have done better than Miles, but how do you define 'tremendously'? It would be pretty dang hard to do tremendously better than Miles did overall.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    I think LSU could have done better than Miles, but how do you define 'tremendously'? It would be pretty dang hard to do tremendously better than Miles did overall.
    10 wins at MSU is GREAT!!!! 10 wins at LSU is expected but meh, but also means the team goes 10-3, which is not what a perennially top-5 teams arguably does.

We at MSU would all have loved to have had the success Miles had at LSU, but his performance during the last 5 years or so under-performed the pre-season expectations for that program. That's what I'm saying.

vCash
    LUS has a special kinda stupid, work in south LA for a while and you shall see.