Thread: Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread: Bourbon Edition

vCash

Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread: Bourbon Edition

We're playing Kentucky so it's bourbon time

vCash
    Munching on fruit from an edible arrangement. Doing ribs for dinner. Watching Bama

vCash
    Ribs, slaw, & oven frys at my house

vCash
    The first of my UGA guys from Marietta showed up today for GA/FL. Grilled out some porter houses and stuffed mushrooms with a baked potato and small salad. Had some Sam Adams Oktoberfest and one nip of some Shine straight out of the Okefenokee that I got for him. 10 feet tall....

vCash
    After watching state blow it I poured up a 4 roses small batch over ice and I'm finishing off the night watching the LSU game. Fournette is insane good

vCash
    Last night we decided to splurge.

For a first course, I made my heirloom tomato salad, complete with homemade french dressing (and yes...that is a Cat platter....)

I bought about 20 wellfleet oysters, ate a few of them raw, then decided to broil the rest. If you've never been to Cochon in Nola, you need to do yourself a favor and check them out. They have an appetizer of grilled oysters in a chili-garlic butter sauce, so I did my best to recreate that. It turned out exceptionally well, If I do say so.

Main was just simple broiled lobsters with drawn butter. Go ahead and get jealous: I got 4 (yes 4!) 2-pounders for under $30 at our local fish shop.

vCash
    That's awesome. Makes up for the shrimp prices you posted a while back!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Last night we decided to splurge.

For a first course, I made my heirloom tomato salad, complete with homemade french dressing (and yes...that is a Cat platter....)

I bought about 20 wellfleet oysters, ate a few of them raw, then decided to broil the rest. If you've never been to Cochon in Nola, you need to do yourself a favor and check them out. They have an appetizer of grilled oysters in a chili-garlic butter sauce, so I did my best to recreate that. It turned out exceptionally well, If I do say so.

Main was just simple broiled lobsters with drawn butter. Go ahead and get jealous: I got 4 (yes 4!) 2-pounders for under $30 at our local fish shop.

Jeez that looks awesome

vCash
    Pops ran the the LA Marsh Saturday afternoon with a buddy and in a few hours caught 1 red & 3 drum. Leaving they saw some birds and stopped to check them out. 32 13-15 inch trout. Not a bad day.

Went to MILs for gumbo night

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeckleDawg View Post
    That's awesome. Makes up for the shrimp prices you posted a while back!
    Definitely!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    Jeez that looks awesome
    Thanks man. It was.